Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake lights stay on after car is shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lights stay on after car is shut off

As the Title states, I'm having issues with just the brake lights staying on after the car is shut off, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to kind of "Reset" it but to no avail. I'm thinking it could be a relay of some sort, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be loads of help.

Do they shut off when the car is running and the brake pedal is released, or they on all the time when running as well?

Check the brake light switch where the pedal stops at the up position, it may just be out of adjustment. The brake pedal pushes the switch when completely released to turn off the brake lights.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Check on small rubber piece is on his place on brake pedal.

Comment

As Bolex said, look under the dash at the floor and you will most likely see crush plastic, a lot of people say it look like crushed m&m's. This plastic comes from a plastic numb that presses in the plunger on the brake light sensor when you let off the brake. The plastic numb would normally be mounted to the top on the brake arm and you will see a square hole where it should be located and the switch right above that. You can either buy a new one or what I did is got a small nut and bolt too make my own plug that I don't ever have to worry about breaking. I hope this helps.
        Last edited by baracuda; 06-07-2016, 11:56 AM.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Thanks guys, I will check after work!

Comment

Yeah your pedal pad stopper probably broke off. Look under the dash on the brake pedal and look at the solenoid push pin.

Comment

Happen to me today, found the cheap plastic culprit pieces on my floor mat. Gonna super glue it with backing soda and its gonna last another 27 years plus and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
                Happen to me today, found the cheap plastic culprit pieces on my floor mat. Gonna super glue it with backing soda and its gonna last another 27 years plus and then some.
                One of the push clips for the front fender liners works pretty well too. Some folks put a bolt and nut in the hole.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  One of the push clips for the front fender liners works pretty well too. Some folks put a bolt and nut in the hole.
                  That’s what I did, never have to worry about busting a plastic clip again and draining your battery down.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It happen again. Dont know if i wanna go with another 30 year old rubber piece.

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
                      It happen again. Dont know if i wanna go with another 30 year old rubber piece.
                      One of the plastic clips for the front fender liners works well. Small bolt and nut. I've heard of folks gluing a penny over the hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X