I'm refilling the clutch way to often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm refilling the clutch way to often

Ok so I've had this problem for a bit. It wasn't bad at first, I would fill the reservoir every couple weeks. Then all the sudden I was refilling it every morning and having to pump the clutch and occasional bleed the clutch, so I checked the master and it was oozing into the fire wall. I replaced it and the line with a steel braided and it was good for a couple months now all the sudden I'm refilling the reservoir every couple days. What's going on?I've checked the master and slave and best I can tell no bleeding from anywhere.

Originally posted by all_accord View Post
    Ok so I've had this problem for a bit. It wasn't bad at first, I would fill the reservoir every couple weeks. Then all the sudden I was refilling it every morning and having to pump the clutch and occasional bleed the clutch, so I checked the master and it was oozing into the fire wall. I replaced it and the line with a steel braided and it was good for a couple months now all the sudden I'm refilling the reservoir every couple days. What's going on?I've checked the master and slave and best I can tell no bleeding from anywhere.
    Check the clutch dampner, it's on the passenger side shock tower, under where the harness connects. Also check where the soft line is bolted to the tranny and meets the hard line. It's going somewhere.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I deleted the clutch damper when I got the steel braided line its straight from the master to the slave

Comment

I've heard people having their braided lines blow out after a couple months, i would maybe check where the connectors are crimped onto the line or along the line itself to see if it might have ruptured somewhere! Where did get your line from? Hope you get it fixed soon!
        Originally posted by Quashish
        Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
        Quashish dictionary
        Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
        To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

lol I got it from ebay... This is starting to drive me nuts... I changed the slave cylinder but i got it from pull apart still same problem..i changed the hose that connects the reservoir to the master I've checked for leaks everywhere the only place I can figure is its bleeding internally in the slave maybe

Comment

Check your master cylinder. You can sometimes see evidence of a leaking master clutch cylinder by traces of brake fluid leaking on the brake booster.

The paint of the brake booster under the master cylinder can sometimes be seen peeling or totally stripped.
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 11-30-2012, 06:18 AM.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Most common source of leak is the seal at the clutch master cylinder. With that said, it's pretty easy to trace the clutch line from the tranny to the clutch master cylinder. Wipe everything clean if you have to and then reinspect for leak. A sticky clutch can lead to some shitty driving situations not to mention damaged gears from forcing shifts.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Surprised we got to post six before determining it is the master....
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm surprised to read the post above.

The OP stated the master cylinder was replaced once, then it was checked again after he started to lose fluid for the second time. He also says that he cannot see "bleeding anywhere". For members who does not have privilege to see the actual car, it is logic to suggest other areas of clutch system to check. IMO, there's not much to check, but,,,,,.

Even "the determination of master cylinder to be a culprit" is a suggestion (idea) at this point since the OP has not made the post stating that he has found the cause of the issue.
                  Last edited by oyajicool; 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                  X