Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

underdrive pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

underdrive pulley

just recieved my underdrive pulley and noticed it is smaller then then oem. ok i knew this what my kwestion is, is it just r and r or do i have to worry about timing or even belt size.

if it didnt come with a belt, your going to have to buy one
    if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

is it smaller or is it smaller then oem? if so does any one know a part number or where i can pick one up

Comment

i heard underdrive pulleys mess around with the harmonic resonance of the engine at high rpm and can really shorten the lifetime of the main bearings by causing the crankshaft flex and vibrate

...any truth in this?

I was talking with my mechanic, who also races Honda's himself, and he recommended I rather get a harmonic damper like the Fluidampr piece below. This keeps the harmonic resonance of the motor at a relatively constant rate and avoids spikes in engine vibrations thus keeping running parts under relatively stable dynamic stresses. Reducing rotating mass of the engine he said should rather be achieved through lighter flywheels, lighter internal, and even lighter auxiliary pulleys (alternator, powersteering).

DEVOTE

Comment

I've been running an Unorthodox Racing pulley for years with no problems. I wouldn't get a cheap pulley (like those $60 ebay things), but I would trust the quality ones. As long as it's properly balanced, it shouldn't cause an issue.

As for the size, it's supposed to be smaller. That's the point. If you didn't even know that, why did you buy it?

If it didn't come with a belt, get a cloth tape measure and wrap it around the belted areas. That'll tell you the length of the belt needed. Then go to an autoparts store and find the proper length with the proper ribbing. A belt is a belt, as long as it fits.

If you got a cheap no-name pulley, I would strongly recommend not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by skatbox
            just recieved my underdrive pulley and noticed it is smaller then then oem. ok i knew this what my kwestion is, is it just r and r or do i have to worry about timing or even belt size.
            How can you expect people to answer your question accurately, when you can not even type it out properly?!?! Common sense, this really irritates me, you're lucky you're not posting on the official forum or I'd delete your thread entirely, so please learn from this. Your laziness in asking the question implies your attitude, so why should anyone go through the trouble of answering you?

I'd add my input, but I can't understand your question.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

thats cool with me the guy above you answered the question. this is what irritates me that the forum the question was aske is in the beginners. now i did know the pulley was smaller, which is stated in my first post. now i was asking about belt size. my lazyness has nothing to do with this just wanting to learn. this is my first honda. i drag race saturns which is my field and add little bolt on stuff is not a question and for those who doubt saturns i was running low 14's with an auto tranny and NA. so with that said dude its just a question. get off your high horse and try to help these young kats. peace......
              Last edited by skatbox; 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM. Reason: miss spell

Comment

Originally posted by skatbox
                thats cool with me the guy above you answered the question. this is what irritates me that the forum the question was aske is in the beginners. now i did know the pulley was smaller, which is stated in my first post. now i was asking about belt size. my lazyness has nothing to do with this just wanting to learn. this is my first honda. i drag race saturns which is my field and add little bolt on stuff is not a question and for those who doubt saturns i was running low 14's with an auto tranny and NA. so with that said dude its just a question. get off your high horse and try to help these young kats. peace......

We were trying to help, but how are we supposed to help when this one guy doesn't want to type out the sentence properly? We understand not everyone is perfect in grammar (myself included) but at least try to put a little effort into making yourself understandable.

Comment

i really dont see the difficulty of my thread sorry for defending myself but, my thread was to the point r and r is remove and replace basic mechanics and timing all cars have it plus belt size, ah i do believe that my accord runs with a serpintine belt which you can purchase different sizes meaning one: w/ps and a/c, plus one: w/o ps but w/ a/c and one w/o ps and w/o a/c. sorry for the confusing to anyone but my question was answered quick by the 2nd and 4th post. sorry also for my speeling i am a graffiti artist thats spells things to the simplest form.

Comment

Working...
                  X