X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg!

Comment

Love at first sight.

A couple more quick shots before the sun went down. Gonna spend my next free day dialing in the rear camber and getting the ride height to where I want it all around. Need to order a front camber kit too. And also find another pair of 235/40s so I can get rid of the 215/45s. But overall I couldn't be happier with how the wheels came out, and it feels like Christmas. Even though they aren't "new" they are about as new as an old set of wheels can get.

As they currently sit, the wheels are 17x9 all around at +42mm up front (47mm + 5mm spacer), and +35 in the rear. I'll be ordering ARP studs for the front, so I can buy a set of 12mm hubcentric spacers, and achieve +35mm all around. Plus a little extra brake clearance ain't a bad thing lol.
      Last edited by Corweena; 04-04-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Wow, man. You have so many wheels!

Say, you tipped me off to an awesome set of coilovers many months ago (Fortune Auto 500s). I got them and I love them! I could not be happier, so I wanted to say thanks!
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
          Wow, man. You have so many wheels!

Say, you tipped me off to an awesome set of coilovers many months ago (Fortune Auto 500s). I got them and I love them! I could not be happier, so I wanted to say thanks!
          Thanks lol.....since that wheel shot, I finally sold off the collection. I have the Racing Harts on the car now, and everything else except the C2 is gone, which will eventually become a table.

Nice, glad you got them....whenever its time for me to upgrade from my Koni/GC, I'll be getting a set too.

Comment

I think I'm about due for an update......last I left I had just installed the Tracers.

Well, from there I got the car all adjusted how I liked it on the 235/40s and 215/45s....went a bit lower.

Didn't do anything special for this years CAM event, as I help out, and had my hands full....I did find some nice shots of my car though.

Not long after, I decided it was time to go to my goal tire size of 245/40/17s. Picked up 2 matching pairs for dirt cheap.

In August I took my annual road trip to the Bay area for the FFC BBQ, and to just spend the weekend with all the Accord guys up there. Didn't really grab any pics, other than this one in downtown San Jose. One of my favorite pictures to date of my car.

All was fine and dandy, until about 3 weeks ago on my lunch break at work, I had one of my rear tires commit suicide....the sidewall decided to just split in half all the way around. I guess that's what I get for buying used tires. I was just glad the tire didn't de-bead (because I wasn't stretching!!!!!!) and my wheel came out of the ordeal unscathed.

At that point I decided to be a big boy and finally drop for a good set of tires.....and in 245/40/17, they aren't cheap. After hours of hurried research, I ended up going with Continental ExtremeContact DWs. They had great reviews, are super quiet, and were ranked in the top 5 of a recent Car&Driver test. Surprisingly, Americas (Discount) Tire had them cheapest, so I went ahead and got the full warranty on them too for peace of mind. Threw the rears on right away since they were needed, and the fronts will be going on shortly, once I figure out if I want to change a few things in the front suspension, and am ready for an alignment. Oh, and I should mention, for 245/40s they are BEEFY.

Lastly, I got a nice little bonus at work, and just so happened to find a few good deals I couldn't pass up on.

First, I found a pretty rare authentic Azect grill for my car on Craigslist of all places. It was listed at a good price, and after seeing the grill with its few flaws, I was able to talk the guy down to a stupid low price.

(excuse the poor lip fitment LOL)

I had been long wanting a new steering wheel as my OEM was disintegrating and pretty nasty. An AP1 S2000 wheel was my goal, but as of late they have jumped in price, and I wasn't wanting to pay $350 for a mint one. I was browsing CL again, and came across a EK9 Civic Type R Momo non-SRS wheel for $70. Hopped on it with the quickness. Not perfect, but the leather and stitching is all good, and I couldn't beat the price. Just waiting to install when I have the time.

And lastly......I FINALLY pieced together an exhaust. I'd been going back and forth with what I wanted, but everything pretty much fell into place. My brother recently went back to stock exhaust on his Civic, and gave me his 18" Magnaflow resonator. I also used his mandrel bends off his midpipe. I then snagged a dual tip Magnaflow Street Series (2.25" inlet) muffler from a local CB guy.

For the exhaust, I decided I wanted to make it "modular", so I could swap out portions as needed in the future. Instead of standard flanges, I decided to go with v-band clamps. This way, if I ever get an exhaust ticket, I can unbolt the axleback portion of the exhaust, and then clamp up the stock muffler with a v-band of its own. Convenience is definitely worth the little bit of extra money.

I also wanted to give the exhaust a more low-key appearance, so it got a couple coats of VHT high heat black header paint.

Took it to my friends exhaust shop, and got everything installed for cheap. Pretty happy how it all turned out, especially considering I spent a total of $200 on everything. Plus I love how OEM the exhaust looks. I just need to tweak the hangers and trim my rear lip a bit to get it 100% centered.

But more importantly.....how does it sound? Pretty much exactly like I wanted. Even though the Magnaflow muffler is a straight through design, (as opposed to chambered like a WS2), because I have a 18" Magnaflow resonator too, the tone and volume are very smooth and bearable. There is virtually no drone at cruising speeds or light acceleration. Step on the gas though, and she definitely opens up in signature Magnaflow fashion. Its got a pretty good roar to it, especially with the windows down. And when you let off the gas, there is just the faintest hint of a burble, which I absolutely love. I think its actually louder on the inside, than outside, which isn't bad. I've already had a couple cops drive behind me, and no issues yet lol. Here's a quick little sound clip I took.

That's all for now.....stay tuned for more updates!
            Last edited by Corweena; 09-17-2015, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Been a while since I updated on here....

I traded my headlights for a retrofitted set.....Morimoto FX-R 3in projectors.

Also to go along with my authentic Azect grill, I grabbed a Modulo front lip.

And the new front end all together. I love how aggressive it is. I'm currently searching for side skirts and a rear lip, and possibly a rear wing to complete a kit. Then I'll see about finally doing something about the paint....

Ever since getting my Racing Hart Tracers, I've become a lot more interesting in building and restoring 3-piece wheels, especially Racing Harts. I had been scouring the internet for something dirt cheap to get my hands on that could be the base of a new build. Finally had these drop in my lap.....17x8 +30f, x9 +35r Type Cs. So i now have both versions of the Type C, which has been one of my dreams.

I initially was going to just to a minor restoration, and daily the Type Cs....but one thing led to another and that went right out the window. The Tracers because of their functional specs will stay the daily wheels. The Type Cs will be getting a full rebuild, down to the hardware.

The first step though, was finding center caps....which any of you who have had these wheels (or any 90s Japanese wheel) is no easy task. The wheels had come with 3 dishes and 3 hex caps, but only one center coin, which was pretty beat.

Not the best start. But I decided I could complete my set, whatever the cost was....and I believe I got pretty damn lucky. I first found this pair of blue caps on Yahoo Japan. I snatched them up asap. They were in very good condition. So I now had 3 complete caps.

As luck would have it, I was able to source 2 more caps. I actually ended up purchasing a complete pair of Type Cs from Japan lol. I kept the caps, and sold the wheels to a friend. So it worked out perfectly. The wheels themselves were in incredible original condition. They were barely used. And the caps were red to boot.

So now, I have 5 full caps and have pretty much completed my set. I am still missing 2 pins, but that is an easy fix. The hard part is done.

Now that the caps were sourced, I moved on to the lips.....I was previously undecided on which route to go. One thing I had to account for was that the front pair of wheels were high disc to clear big brakes. Which while this is good, it makes running a square setup almost impossible. Which is fine. the fronts were initially 17x8 +30. The rears were 17x9 +35. I had collected a bunch of lips at one point, to help me decide what specs to run. Left to right is 17x8 (1in lip), 17x8.5 (1.5in lip), 17x9 (2in lip), and 17x9.5 (2.5in lip)

After doing some test fitting, I settled on running a 1.5in lip up front. Because of the high disc face I couldn't go any bigger. So the front specs will be 17x8.5 +25.

For the rears, I went with the 2.5in lips, which changed the specs to 17x9.5 +29. I will have to add a little camber to fit the rear,s but that is not an issue. I actually currently have the camber taken out to -1.5 degrees....going back to natural camber at around -2.5 should fit the wheels fine.

Once I decided on the lip sizes I got rid of a few of my extra lips, so I could buy some good condition ones in the sizes I needed. I scored a pair of 2.5in lips for $30, and then found a brand new pair of 1.5in for $100. As of tomorrow, the lips and center cap dishes are being sent to be chrome dipped. My preivous experience with polishing the lips of my Tracers made it worth it to pay for chroming, and have about 10x less maintenance on the wheels lol.

So that is where I am currently at......once the parts are back from chroming, the faces and inner barrels will be sent to be powdercoated in the original silver color. Then its all new hardware for the wheels, getting the original Type C spec stickers replicated to reflect the new specs, along with the OG Racing Hart lip stickers made. Lastly the center caps will be re-anodized in red and blue. Then assemble everything and have a 100% completely restored wheel to enjoy.

And I'll leave you with a little teaser of what the end result will look like.....

Comment

Time for and update: Part 1 (through the end of June)

Last I left off I had just sent everything off for refinishing.

Had the faces and inner barrels done in Mirror silver. Very close to the OG color but with some flake, and a gloss clear top coat for that extra depth.

Then I got the lips and center cap dishes back from chrome, and did a quick mock up.

Then off to Threepiece.us they went for final assembly (I also ordered all new chrome hardware, nuts, and valvestems). Got them back, and couldn't have been happier.

Bought some brand new rubber.

Then got everything all fitted and nice. Just in time for CAM Year 5.

Drove on them for about a week, then took em off because 1) they are too nice to daily and 2) I hated the front rubbing all the time.

Then last week I sold them But for a good reason.....

Had an H22A4 basically drop into my lap. Something I've wanted for a few years now. Using the money from the Type Cs to pay for pretty much most of the swap and all the goodies I want. Already started collecting parts too.....first off was the ECU. With this swap, I want to be able to BAR the swap, so I was very limited on what ECU I needed to run. I lucked out and found a P13-A12 from a '96 Lude which is exactly what I need. Goal is the pass smog one more time this fall with the stock drivetrain, then swap in January. That way I have plenty of time to work out any bugs or problems that may arise while prepping the car for the BAR exam.

Snagged an FGK header for dirt cheap too. Has some minor denting in the downpipe, but nothing serious. Still doing research, but I may have the downpipe modified with a 2.5" collector, up from the current 2.36" (60mm) one. Then get a 2.5in high flow cat and redo the exhaust to match. I'm also keeping the stock Prelude header and cat, and will have it fitted to my stock Accord exhaust so I can pass inspections with zero issues.

While doing the motor swap, I have a lot of other stuff I plan on doing too....first and foremost the 5-speed to match the engine. Have most of the needed parts for the conversion....H trans will be getting a few needed parts, I already have a JTC Customs short shifter, and will be getting solid shifter bushings, S2K CMC conversion, etc. Also gonna snag some Innovative engine mounts, Koyo rad, and some other misc parts for the swap. I'll be cleaning up the bay as well, deleting a few things here and there, redoing the wiring nicely, etc. Won't be tucking anything really though, as I want the bay to appear close to stock for inspection purposes.

I'll also lastly be completing my brakes. I've had the RL calipers for 3 years now, but will finally do the rear 5 lug conversion I need to match the front, Will be rebuilding the calipers, new rotors, then get SS braided brake lines all around, and install a DA 40/40 prop valve to get the brake bias dialed in.

Once everything is all said and done, I should be able to finally take the car to the track, which I've been wanting to do for years, but the fear of shredding my auto trans has kept me from doing thus far. So stay tuned, I'll try and post updates as the swap begins.

Comment

Part 2: August/September

Since I sold the Type Cs, and recently got a down payment from a friend on the Tracer Type Cs, it was time to find another set of wheels, and I wanted something light, that could be trackable....ended up getting my 5th set of 5Zigens. Bought them from the original owner, and they were in near mind condition. Specs were 17x9 +35, and 17x8 +25. I planned on reverse staggering them.

While they were still sitting in my garage, I threw em up for sale for shits 'n giggles, ended up trading them for some Volks. YUP. Threw $150 on top and got me a set of 17x9 +23 and 17x8.5 +40 CE28Ns. Probably the best come-up I've had. I've always wanted a set of TE37s, and while the CEs were never my favorite model, after mounting a pair on the car, I changed my mind. I love how they look on the car.

these are the 17x8.5 +40s. They clear my bbk with a few mm to spare.

I will be reverse staggering them.....the 17x9 +23s have brake clearance for days. They are a little on the aggressive side though for the car.

Plus the 245/45s they came with are a little big. Gonna try and see if I can cram 255/40s up front. I may order some Stage21 fenders from Japan....they are the only company that makes widened fenders for the CD Accord chassis. They are 10mm wider, which just may be enough to clear the wheels/tires. Will also raise the car a bit if needed.

Will probably be keeping these wheels for a while....if anything I may try and trade the x9 +23s if I can someone with a x9 +40 bronze pair they want to trade. If not, then I'll make them work. Getting a set of Volks for about $700 out of pocket makes them worth keeping lol.

stay tuned. should finish the rear 5 lug in the next month, and have the Volks all mounted up with proper sized tires.

Comment

Nice! Great find on the ECU. I happened upon one in a junkyard one time and made off with a hefty profit. Everyone over here just converts them to OBD1. I know it's logical, but I hate to see the OBD port become useless.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Nice! Great find on the ECU. I happened upon one in a junkyard one time and made off with a hefty profit. Everyone over here just converts them to OBD1. I know it's logical, but I hate to see the OBD port become useless.
                      Also, being in California, where I have to smog the car every 2 years (and being OBD2, it means plugging into the port), its either do it right or spend $300 every 2 years for an illegal smog. I'd rather go the little extra step during the swap have the car 100% functional and legal. Its really not hard, other than finding the ECU, and doing a bit of a hybrid of the the 2 EVAP systems. Most people just don't want to take the time to figure it out. Getting the BAR certification is key too, in case I ever get my hood popped. Do it once, do it right.

Comment

Ditched the econo Koyo's that came on the Volks for some new rubber. Grabbed a pair of 235/40/17 Federal RS-RRs to try out.

Mounted them up to the 17x8.5s. Jesus they are wide. Measured and they are actually wider than my 245/40 Continentals.

I LOVE how they fit though, and how aggressive the thread pattern is. I will definitely be grabbing another pair to throw on the 9s in a few weeks. I had considered trying to fit 255/40s, but with how wide they are, it would be a bit overkill, and would just cause rubbing issues.

Comment

So, the rear disc/5-lug is finally done. Somewhat of a pain, and I had to buy a few more parts than I originally thought, but well worth it.

A few parts that I installed:
                          Goodridge SS brake lines
                          Centric Premium High Carbon rotors
                          ARP extended studs
                          Timken reear hubs/bearings (not pictured)
                          Stoptech Street brake pads (not pictured)

Finally a sideshot with them fugly drums.

With all 4 Volks mounted however, I did have one issue to face.....one pair of the wheels being 17x9 +23 with a very fat 235/40 tire was going to be a bit of pain to fit. Since I didn't want to run hella camber in the rear, and I'm a functional guy at heart, I decided to reverse stagger them. That meant massaging the fronts to fit the aggressive specs. Also a perfect time to install these:

This made for a cool pic.

Fender wise, the ultimate goal is to buy and install a pair of Stage21 10mm widened fenders. In the meantime though, I spent $15 at Lowe's on some washers and bolts and "spaced" out the fenders a bit to help fit the wheels.

Its not pretty, but it got the job done, and I have zero rubbing, which was the goal.

In other news, I have a few parts I've been collecting too.....

got a free CF hood. Fitment is ok, and it latches good. Will probably get some Aerocatch hood pins though just in case.

Found a NOS Greddy oil cap for $20, about 1/4 of their normal selling price. Will install with the H22 and a matching Greddy radiator cap.

Newer, better condition Rays valve stems.

And a brand new set of spare caps, for when the others start to fade.

I also just ordered a set of these lug nuts. I've used Muteki lug nuts for the last 4+ years with no issues, but for the Volks, I wanted something nice. This particular set caught my eye because being 2-piece, you can crank and torque the base chromoly lug nut without having to be super anal about scratching, then install the color Duraluminum "cap" afterwards. This also can prevent against fading if you leave the caps off. Also, it means you need 3 different keys to remove them, which is a pretty good deterrent for thieves.

And lastly.....I've had an EK9 Type R steering wheel sitting in my room for a year now. Ended up selling that to a friend for his Odyssey, and copped this great condition AP2 S2000 steering wheel (with an AP1 airbag) for $150. About $100 cheaper than they normally go for now. Just got it installed, and have it all wired up and running correctly....airbag and horn were a direct fit, and the cruise just needed to have the wires cut and re-sautered to fit the S2000 setup. This thing makes a huge difference in driving feel, and looks like it should have come in the car to begin with.

Now that the rear disc hurdle has been cleared I'm directly focusing on the motor swap now. The last 3 big things I'm missing are Innovative mounts, a Koyo aluminum rad, and getting the transmission to me. I will be getting all that done by the end of the year, and will just have to grab a few more small parts, then I'll be set to finally lose the gutless F and autotragic.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that steering wheel is also used in the AP1 S2000.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                              Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that steering wheel is also used in the AP1 S2000.
                              The wheel itself is the same size, shape, etc but it is wrapped different. The AP2 wheels are all wrapped in black leather, with the seam at bottom. The AP1 wheels are solid black leather on the top and bottom, and perforated leather on the sides as seen below. Not only does it not look as good in my opinion, the perforated leather tends to rip and degrade faster.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X