Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A6 Engine stalls at just over 4000 rpms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A6 Engine stalls at just over 4000 rpms.

not sure exactly What's wrong. No check engine light. Thought the problem was with the spark plug. The valve cover gasket was leaking into one of the spark plug chambers. replaced the gasket and I'm still getting the same problem. Car starts right up after it dies after a little hesitation. Idles a bit low as well. Runs decent as long as I don't push it much over 4000rpms. any ideas as to what might be wrong??

How do the spark plugs look? Does the engine only stall under load @4k or can you replicate the issue while parked revving the engine up to 4k? Does the car feel under powered throughout the rev range and cuts out at 4k? Or does it feel fine and then cuts out at 4k? Have you done any recent work on the car other than the gasket?

I'm leaning towards fuel supply but I need a lot more data.

Comment

The car feels weak throughout the rpms but it doesn't start bogging or stalling until I get over 4000. I also smell unburnt gas while revving someTimes. It also died for the first test while revving in park today. I checked all the plugs and siliconed the gaskets. Checked connections. Plugs look new.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsteinmetz55 View Post
        The car feels weak throughout the rpms but it doesn't start bogging or stalling until I get over 4000. I also smell unburnt gas while revving someTimes. It also died for the first test while revving in park today. I checked all the plugs and siliconed the gaskets. Checked connections. Plugs look new.
        i would check o2 sensor for giving a rich mixture, TPS might not be working 100% right and coil for maybe a weak spark

Comment

Originally posted by jrsteinmetz55 View Post
          The valve cover gasket was leaking into one of the spark plug chambers. replaced the gasket and I'm still getting the same problem.

From the original post, it sounds like you didn't replace the lower tube seals. If the plugs and wires are still oil soaked, there's your problem.

Did you take off the rocker arm assembly and replace the o-rings on the bottom side? Or did you just replace the valve cover seals?

Comment

Working...
          X