NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

I’ve always liked CB7 Accords. I’ve owned just about every 90’s Honda car model but a CB7. Till literally like one year ago. I needed a decent daily driver to go back and forth to my work and not put so many miles on my 05 Toyota Tacoma. I decided to find an EX coupe manual since those are my favorite. After a few months of daily looking through adds and nothing but LX manual coupes or EX auto coupes. I finaly found one. My friend turned me on to the app “Offer Up” for local Honda adds and surprisingly it paid off. It was an add for a Granada Black coupe also. I really wanted black or red. $75 bucks take it away. The motor was out and blown. The house it was at was condemned and to be bulldozed at the end of the week. I gave the guy $100 to hold it for for a day till I could hook a u-haul dollie to my truck and take it up to my friends house. Clean title car never been in an accident. I was stoked. Here’s a few pics of it in its as found condition:

This car was extremely dirty. It has its dents. And it had a (typical in allot of black cb Accords) tan interior/black dash. Very dirty and stained also.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Ok so fast forward to now. A year later. I don’t have some of the early build process pics due to a busted phone. This car has transformed into a decent ride.
    I put a good f22a6 back in it from a wrecked cb9 with only 112,00 on it. There is like 270,000 on the chassis right now. I did the 5 lug conversion early on also. Before it even ran lol. The interior is also a complete makeover.

List of mods/upgrades & specs:
    92 EX Coupe 5spd
    Color code: NH-503P-3 Granada Black

Under hood:
    F22a6 stock.
    Aem air intake
    DC header
    Strut bar
    Legend hood shock mod.

Suspension:
    Full 5 lug conversion(2000 Accord complete front knuckles. Prelude hubs & Integra type R rotors out back.
    Function & Form type 1 coil-overs
    2001 Acura CL (non type-S) 16” spoke wheels

Body:
    95 Legend sedan front lip
    Dual filliment bumper light mod.
    Si-T style bumper lights
    Jdm/edm corner lights-black housed
    Headlights-black & yellow housed
    OG CB trunk flushmount
    CR-V windshield squirters

Interior:
    White EX coupe upper plastics and headliner (light blue/gray)
    OG gray leather coupe door and quarter panels
    99 Acura CL dark gray leather heated seats
    99 Acura CL dark blue/gray carpet and floor mats
    Variable intermittent wiper mod
    Honda CRV radio w/aux port
    CB9 wagon trunk plastics with gray wagon rear carpet cover
    Rear upper strut bar
    Prelude shifter in CB mount for short throw
    Acura TSX overhead map/homelink
    CB9 optional tall center armrest with CL gray leather
    CR-V lighted window switches & lighted door locks
    BB6 Prelude gauge cluster
    EDM cool vent & rear fog light switches

THIS LIST WILL GROW!!
    Last edited by NH-503P-3; 05-12-2018, 11:25 PM.

~Mark~

Comment

Super nice. Where'd you get the paint done?
      My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
      Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
      Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

The paint is a very badly done respray. The hood, bumpers and fenders I pulled from other black cars at pap. I clayed the whole car then compounded, polished and waxed it. That’s all. 10 feet away it looks great lol.

~Mark~

Comment

It's not perfect, but hey it's a lot better than it was. Not to mention the interior is pristine now. Where's you get the mats? They look like they fit great.
          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

The mats are 1st gen CL. Since I have the 1st gen CL carpet the same floor mats had to go in also.

~Mark~

Comment

I love it! So simple and clean looking. You're inspiring me to get back on mine
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Recently I added a keyless entry to my car. It’s one of those Easyguard passive keyless entry setups. For a $100 bucks it’s not bad. I walk up to the car it unlocks. I walk away it locks. No touching the key fob at all. It also has push button start. Here is the key fob:

And here is the push button start. I fully removed my keyed ignition behind it.

So now that I don’t have to b.s. around putting a key into my door like a car caveman I decided to do another awesome diy from this site. I scored some 4 door rear handles and modified them for my coupe doors. No more stupid looking key hole. Here’s the mods:

And here they are installed:

They look so stealth you can barely see the handle now. I love it.

~Mark~

Comment

Looks great, and it's a nice theft deterrent as well. I'm not sure if I'd be as trusting in the system to always work, though.

The whole car is looking great, by the way. I'm having trouble getting over that gorgeous interior. Those CL mats fit so perfectly around things like the dead pedal and trunk/gas latches, too.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I like what you did with the locks on the car, although I'm with Cyborg on this one. I still just can't trust it. I'd rather have a physical option still present to open the doors. A push button like old school hot rods under the side skirts or something, paired with an remote door lock, still with access into the trunk via key.

I just can't trust our non secured wireless devices.

Car is looking great though man. I can't wait to see what all else that you have in store for this car long term. Glad that you finally made a MRT.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. My key fob does have a switch blade key that is cut for my locks so I can get in through the trunk if I have to. Either that or I always have AAA. I’m not sweating it. The fact that I can carry my lunch bag and coffee to my car early in the morning (it’s dark) without having to press a button or get my keys out makes it so worth it lol. This car really only goes to and from my work anyways. I drive my truck on the weekends and out an about when I’m not working.

~Mark~

Comment

When I had the driver door panel off I had the opportunity to swap out my window/lock control switch cover. My old one looked like someone went to town with a screwdriver on it. I also put switches in that have the lettering still on them. I put a heated mirror switch in just for looks and nicer lettering also.

Today at pap while I was strolling through the cars I came upon this:

Solaris silver SE. the back seat was not bad. I might grab it since I have all the black interior pieces for the Solaris SE but the seats up in my attic plus extra black pieces since I like to hoard them. I did grab the complete rear speakers, ash tray, miscellaneous black trunk pieces that usually go missing first.

There was also a 93 SE sedan. I might grab this dash to throw in the attic to add to my black interior build.

~Mark~

Comment

I did finish the Acura CL gray leather console top and installed the optional console in my car. What a joy that diy was. I still have a lil gap between it and the shifter console piece because I haven’t locked it down with the two almost impossible to get in 12mm bolts that go in up front. Since I need to remove the dash pretty soon I’ll just leave well enough alone.

I was very happy to score this from a 98 Acura CL today also. The right color maplight/homelink that is barely a shade off from my headliner. Not enough to tell by the everyday looker.

I also got this intermittent wiper stalk from an Acura TL. It’s kinda nice because not only is the lettering very clean it also has a dust apron on it. I don’t remember the one I pulled from a CD Accord for my car having this dust apron.

~Mark~

Comment

Threads like these are what made me love the CB Chassis!

Good job man. I love the idea of no locks on the handle. Hopefully the fob continuously works.

Black paint + Coupe = Perfect CB7
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Only the TL's have the stalk boots. I have them on my arms as well. Both sides, the blinker has one as well, just slide the boot off the arm.

Also you don't bolt down the center console with it attached to the car. You bolt it down and then place the center console over it and put in the 2 screws through the 2 lower button openings, way easier.

Do you have any pictures on how you did the CL arm rest top on the CB arm rest? I'd like to know as finding the CL's are far easier than the CB's with leather.

How does the TL arm fit into the CB, is the angle the same of the stalk?
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                              X