weld in scallop to remedy upper control arm slamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weld in scallop to remedy upper control arm slamming

I've been searching, and can't remember who it was that fabricated a type of scoop that you could weld over the area of your engine bay where the upper control arm is and therefore increase travel space.

Anyone know who it was? And if they're still selling them?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Are you talking about a scab to weld over a cut out like this?

If so that would be pretty easy to make. I hope someone knows who it was as I'd like to see these.

Comment

lucifer1 had something going on like that...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...184774&page=10

He does some fine fabrication
      Last edited by illinois_erik; 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

^^^ Holy crap. That's some fine work!

Comment

Yeah i thought it was Lucifer1's too but his is like a built in extended top hat as well.

But yes just something to weld over a cut out.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
            Yeah i thought it was Lucifer1's too but his is like a built in extended top hat as well.

But yes just something to weld over a cut out.
            I dont ever recall seeing anyone selling the reliefs, its pretty much a custom fab job. If you have a welder the skys the limit. If you dont and can find someone that does, itd be pretty easy to fab up and install, then you could tidy it up.

You could cut up some cardboard (not the corrugated kind) and mock up what you want with that take it to a place and tell them to make them or something along those lines. Besides the labor theyd be really easy to make and cheap, material wise.

If youre really need the room, you could cut out the metal and make fiberglass reliefs untill you could actually burn in some metal. However I personally wouldnt do that (or just leave an open hole) since thats a structural component and although it might not readily be detrimental Id be worried about the fatiguing of surrounding metal/components over an extended time
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.odbweldingwerks.com/store...EXTENSION.html
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

It is not worth to cut out the accord just for the tip of the arm. You may gain 1/4" of travel. Cut out a very large hole and you get about 1/2". It is easier to section the spindle and get way more out of it.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Yes!! That's the guy! Thanks

1/4" is all i probably Need anyway, i have the SPC camber adjusting upper ball joints and have about 3 or 4 mm of articulation travel

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                  X