Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200+ MPH Accord Wagon

212 MPH Accord

Found this during my daily surfing on Bring A Trailer.

I'd love to know all the details on the build. It seems like it'd need a lot more power than most of the standard bolt-ons to get up to that speed, but who knows what aero-mods they ran when they hit those numbers.

Regardless, 200+ MPH in a Honda wagon would scary me...greatly.

$4,500 is a steal for a race car like that.

That's really cool. I wonder why he's selling...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
    BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
    Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
    CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

yeah right, that wagon didn't go 212mph.

Have you guys seen cars that go that fast?

Theres no way on gods green earth that car did 212mph at Bonneville

The fastest civic, not accord, went 211mph and made like 738whp or something like that. No way this POS went 212mph.

I just don't buy that. So a Honda Accord station wagon pulls 212mph at Bonneville and theres NOTHING on the internet about it? Yeah right.

My buddy does the Bonneville Salt flats, and I've been a few times. Never driven or anything like that but have been there a few times. He drives a nova wagon and has made multiple 200mph passes.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

A quick internet search would've turned up plenty results about this accord. It had in fact seen 200+ mph but not with it's current set up. It even started out life as a race car. The car was never titled and has never seen real street time. The price is probably that low because it's a no title no vin car. It was a preproduction accord wagon. It's not supposed to exist.

Comment

always an impressive wagon. I guess this means I have to beat 212mph.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
            A quick internet search would've turned up plenty results about this accord. It had in fact seen 200+ mph but not with it's current set up. It even started out life as a race car. The car was never titled and has never seen real street time. The price is probably that low because it's a no title no vin car. It was a preproduction accord wagon. It's not supposed to exist.
            Link?

Quick google search pulls tons of for sale ads and people discussing the for sale ad. Like the retro rides site. Just recirculating the same link as was posted on the forum.

I'd love to read something documented about this. 212mph? That's a hellavu thing to claim in honda talk. That's faster than the fastest ever civic(at bonneville)

I'm not questioning if an accord could do it, just certainly not this one looking like this. Nope.
            Last edited by toycar; 01-09-2014, 12:48 AM.
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I hit 177 in an eg hatch, with stock h22 as far as we knew, tuned ecu tho. And there were 3 of us in the car. Supposedly it hit 212 with a different setup tho.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
                I hit 177 in an eg hatch, with stock h22 as far as we knew, tuned ecu tho. And there were 3 of us in the car. Supposedly it hit 212 with a different setup tho.
                To be able to claim you hit 212 at bonneville that means he had to average that speed over the course of a mile.

Bonneville salt flats right? That is what we are talking about right?

177 is a great speed, but, you run into oiling issues once you start pushing it much further. WOT at 10,000 RPM's for 50-60 seconds kills an engine quickly. All Im getting at is there is no way he pulled 212 at Bonneville and theres no video, documented reports, or nothing of it.

I have searched hi and low and cannot find an article about that specifically. Theres tons of documented Honda speed records there too, which is why I just don't really think I buy it. The team that did the civic had atleast 15-20k invested in the car to get it there.

Theres lots of information on the net about it too. Another reason I just don't really buy the story. Don't you think someone would've heard about that prior to this guy trying to sell his car?

212mph? Nah.

There are plenty of Hondas at Bonneville these days, and most of them are falling well short of the 200 mph club. 212, thats just hard to swallow looking at that car in particular as it sits. With nothing else to back up the claim, I just don't buy it.

k20 guys with built engines swapped into wicked light cars are running 185-195mph times.

http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/R...NI_records.htm

Link to current records. In most categories, 212mph will still put this guy on the books. So, whats his name? What class did he race in?

Just saying, theres only a couple 212mph entries, and they're either in classes that the H22 powered wagon couldn't be in, or they are running LS motors.

Sorry, not to be so "sure" of myself, but Im old balls and Bonneville is legendary to us older people. To be able to claim 200+mph at Bonneville is a feat in itself. If you look up the current records and think about how long this event has been happening, you'll understand why I just don't buy it.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4213816127.html

Click on the pic in the listing and find this

Dont you think if they had actually done any of that shit, it would be documented here? Pics, proof, something?

To pull off 200mph at Bonneville it would surely take more than 216whp from an H22.

LOLOLOL

This car looks like it was put together by one of my teenage sons friends. Race car thats never been titled? Look at that engine bay.

Still running power steering in that racecar baby!! I wonder what power steering feels like at 212mph.

Pretty sweet looking tune in the background of his "proof" of 216whp. Looks more like a ricther scale than an dyno tuned h22.

***EDIT***

Sorry if I ruined this thread fellas but hahahahahaa at this guys car/claims
                Last edited by toycar; 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I laughed as soon as I saw the listing. As soon as I saw the Hp rating I called on the 212MPH as well.

Now people are saying that the current engine isn't the one that was in it at Bonneville. No matter, I agree that it would be documented and listed somewhere. Specially a 5 door Honda going 212mph. :shakeshead:
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-09-2014, 10:51 AM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Car and Driver couldn't even get a 262hp GT500 to break 200hp, and the "200+mph capability" was a selling point for that car!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Car and Driver couldn't even get a 262hp GT500 to break 200mph, and the "200+mph capability" was a selling point for that car!

Agree.

I've been a few times and seen some serious builders fall well short of 200mph.

The co-owner of Hondata and his wife both have wicked built cars and compete there. Her car was a crx with a kinsler itb'd, built k20 swapped into it, completely gutted and spinning to 10k rpm's with a dry sump system that was worth more than most cars on the forum.

I mean, you couldn't have thrown much more at this car and kept it N/A.

187mph.

The husband had/has an RSX that was was built beyond the definition. I didn't get much of a look at it, but it had 2 chargers under the hood. Either twin charged or compound charged. But, nasty either way. Wicked car. I mean this guy was stupid about his car. Made like 680whp or something like that-off the bottle. Now his car on his 2nd or 3rd year made it into the 230's, I think 238mph if I remember right. Dudes probably got 30-40k invested in his car at least. No joke. Modified fuel, custom everything, cages with more points than prison systems, this car was like a space ship.

At the least, you'd think if there was any part of the posts story that was real, there would at leat be a picture of the car at Bonneville. Why else post all those other tacky pictures indicating his crappy car was raced in OKC(who doesn't race in Oklahoma) For sure, you'd have proof of something if you ever raced at Bonneville and givent he content of the pictures attached to the craigslist link, my opinion, this guy is full of it and is probably some sort of ricer.

For christs sake, I've seen better looking torque curves drawn on an etch a scetch by a blind person with parkinsons.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        For christs sake, I've seen better looking torque curves drawn on an etch a scetch by a blind person with parkinsons.
                        LMAO.....
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

seems like a really really good deal to get someone in a dedicated track car.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

I'd be curious to see what else would need to be done for it to be up to spec for competition use. Rules change, and cars very often have to be updated from year to year to comply. $4500 might get you a good start, but you might need to put another $3000 into it before it can be used. Not to mention it would need to be towed to an event, as it will never be street-legal.

Still not a bad deal, but I'd be wary of buying a 20 year old car that's been raced hard for a few thousand miles, and wrenched on by strangers.

It'd be more costly, but a brand new B-spec racer is still probably the most reasonable and hassle-free way to break into racing. A fully race-ready Mazda 2 or Honda Fit can be built for about $25,000 (brand new car cost included.)

Comment

still a great buy to learn hpde...

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X