Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about a M235i...but should I wait for the 2015 Mustang GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shits crazy oh no that's a lot of digitry on that cluster car looks good. Yeah be careful of buying the first year of anything. I know every car has its issues but you don't want to be anyone's labrat if things go out of sack making you regret you brought it. Always wait till later so you can get a deal on it.

If your going to pay that much why not get a gtr if your going to pay that much. I too was thinking of going into muscle cars but that gas though pfffff damn. All in all they are good cars I mean which one you want all out action or just cruise the mustang makes a great candidate hell even a challenger srt8 is moderately findable too. Love those mustangs though.

Comment

GT-Rs are 6 figure cars now. He could buy used, but a used GT-R could've seen SO much abuse it's not even funny! Not to mention any GT-R in his $40-$45k pricerange would be older, and certainly out of warranty. That would be one hell of a scary car to own out of warranty. That thing is damn near self-aware, it's so computerized!

There's a lot of new going on in the 2015 Mustang, but much of it is still carried over. The engine is still the Coyote that is in the outgoing model, with some minor tweaks to get a bit more power out of it. The transmission is likely the same as well (and to my knowledge, the Mustangs never really had an issue with their manual transmissions.) The rear suspension is likely new... though it may be a carryover from the Cobra models (which, I believe, were all IRS.)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        good luck with that, ive talked to a lot of engineers that think they know what to do but can't even turn a screwdriver.
        And I know engineers who can run circles around 95% of the population with their hands...no need for broad brush strokes.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The transmission is likely the same as well (and to my knowledge, the Mustangs never really had an issue with their manual transmissions.) The rear suspension is likely new... though it may be a carryover from the Cobra models (which, I believe, were all IRS.)
        Transmissions were a weak point on many owners vehicles. See here.

Comment

I hope they fixed the issue with the mustang's driveshaft. The stock driveshaft is known to snap under load from the stock motor. Not referring to the 2015, but the current model.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
            I hope they fixed the issue with the mustang's driveshaft. The stock driveshaft is known to snap under load from the stock motor. Not referring to the 2015, but the current model.
            No. The issue was it had resonances that would make it vibrate above the governed speed, and then snap. Below that speed it was fine.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              No. The issue was it had resonances that would make it vibrate above the governed speed, and then snap. Below that speed it was fine.
              Thank you! I had a thought of it being related to the speed governor (above a certain mph), but I wasn't 100% sure. I definitely remember reading that now.

Comment

The next Rustang is supposed to be world class and I believe it.

I would either do a used 1M, or hold out for a 2016-2017 Mustang GT. M235i... blech. Open diff, no thanks.

Yeah a used 1m like that's ever going to be affordable

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                The M235i has the 1M engine and 8sp sport automatic, basically sounds like a DSG shifts are lightning quick and was faster on the track I read somewhere by a sec or so.

1M is still 55-60k though, WAY too much, not to mention the 235 looks a lot better. I can't get over the 1 series front end, its hideous, no matter how nice those wide rear fender flares look.
                There is an optional bmw performance LSD for it that can be purchased. The 1m doesn't have a special engine either. Its the same exact n54b30 that the 335 and 135 had. It has a tune and that's it. Also the m235i doesn't have a DSG/dct. It's an 8 speed automatic made by ZF. I would rather a 135i with a DCT than an auto m235i

That's because the 1m is a collectors car. There were about 3000 made world wide. I would buy one in an instant if I could afford one. Eventually I'm going to replace my m3 with a 2013 carbon black 135is in a DCT

Comment

I was talking about a used 1M
                  Yeah those are used prices lol. The 1m was only a 2011. Production is long over and the cars are worth more than they were when new

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Yeah those are used prices lol. The 1m was only a 2011. Production is long over and the cars are worth more than they were when new
                    Dayum....

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

BMW is getting annoying. Splitting coupes and sedans to make new models, using the M designation on cars that are essentially superficially modified...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        BMW is getting annoying. Splitting coupes and sedans to make new models, using the M designation on cars that are essentially superficially modified...
                        Agreed. This is my issue with BMW and their newer marketing ideas about coupes, sedans, etc.

Not to mention, everyone knows OEM parts for the German's tend to be on the pricier side and they aren't the easiest cars to figure out. Don't get me wrong, they drive great, have great build quality, and look great (in my opinion), but I won't ever own one as I just don't see the point of owning what I consider "status symbol".

Ford has made great strides and improvements with Mr. Mulally at the helm now. My vote goes for the new 2015 Mustang with the turbo 4!

Comment

Just a reminder for all of you who say, "oh just get the 1M" here's proof why I won't, it costs more than new!

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/06/2...ce-investment/

I could probably get a used E90 M3 for less.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You could def get an E90 M3 for less. I have seen them in the 30-40K range easy.

Personally, while I like the 1M, I see it as a little bit of a missed opportunity... IMO, it should have been the swan song for the naturally aspirated 6. BMW should have thrown a one off big 6 in there... like a 4.0L making 400 or so HP. BMW doesn't have any more NA cars, and I think that is going to be the case for all cars sold in Europe.

Anyways, for just outright performance, the M235i is every bit as good as the 1M. Just make sure you get the optional LSD and sport suspension (which should have been standard).

Comment

You could def get an E90 M3 for less. I have seen them in the 30-40K range easy.

Personally, while I like the 1M, I see it as a little bit of a missed opportunity... IMO, it should have been the swan song for the naturally aspirated 6. BMW should have thrown a one off big 6 in there... like a 4.0L making 400 or so HP. BMW doesn't have any more NA cars, and I think that is going to be the case for all cars sold in Europe.

Anyways, for just outright performance, the M235i is every bit as good as the 1M. Just make sure you get the optional LSD and sport suspension (which should have been standard).

dont you realize that the trend now is small displacement and forced induction?

it's hard to get good gas mileage with big displacement. i think california wants 50 mpg average by the next ten years.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

BMW. I have my own reasons of course. It also has always seemed to be a step above the mustang, and a lot plastic interior bothers me.

Comment

Working...
                                X