So, im looking for a new car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, im looking for a new car..

Im in the market for a new car. keeping the CB of course.
    Something to get around, preferably another import as well.
    Something more luxury than the accord/civic. More along the lines of RL/TL
    I was also looking around at trucks. But the truck HAS to be 4x4.
    Im trying to spend somewhere around 4-5k. Its pretty hard to find a 4x4 for a cheap price. Any recommendations?

Fixer-uppers aren't too bad either. My dads been a certified mechanic for almost 40 years, so tools/labor isn't costly.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
    Bought from: ChampCoupe
    Sold to:Losiracer2

pickup or suv?

i have an expedition and it's super comfortable. good turning radius and everything works well. i picked it up for 1800 so it definitely fit the budget and the 5.4 has enough power to boot.

the downside is that it is a ford.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What's your budget like?

You could always combine a bit of truck-like utility and AWD with luxury... Volvo XC70, Audi A4 Avant, or maybe an older Lexus RX (though I think owning one of those automatically means you have a vagina...)

Comment

Before i got my civic, i sort of wanted a Ford Escape Sport Trac because it was roomy like an SUV but it also had a bed to haul stuff. I just learned Ford Discontinued making them in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          Before i got my civic, i sort of wanted a Ford Escape Sport Trac because it was roomy like an SUV but it also had a bed to haul stuff. I just learned Ford Discontinued making them in 2010.
          They never made an Escape Sport Trac to my knowledge. That was the Explorer Sport Trac.

Comment

I like my Jeep Cherokee. You can find a nice one for under 4k, decent fuel mileage, 4x4, and if you look you can find a nicely trimmed model. I personally like the facelifted 97-01 models, I have a 98; mine has been a bit of a fixer upper, it was owned by a kid that used it as a woods beater.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I doubt you'll be able to find a TL/RL for 4-5k unless you get ones from 99-00, that generation.

But as for 4x4s try looking into Toyota 4Runners, they're capable off road SUVs

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

older foresters 98-02 are pretty nice too. just kinda ugly and somewhat slow. they look decent when modded though. take this guy for example http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3065582855.html

Comment

1997-2001 Mercedes Benz E320 4 matic.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                    older foresters 98-02 are pretty nice too. just kinda ugly and somewhat slow. they look decent when modded though. take this guy for example http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3065582855.html
                    i can fit a cherry picker in the back of my forester. it's not really suited for anyone bigger than 5'8" though.

you can get a CL-s for 3k with a bad trans.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      They never made an Escape Sport Trac to my knowledge. That was the Explorer Sport Trac.
                      Oh was it an Explorer? I always thought it was an Escape but that would explain why it was so roomy inside.

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                        1997-2001 Mercedes Benz E320 4 matic.
                        Fixing that would be expensive!

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        i can fit a cherry picker in the back of my forester. it's not really suited for anyone bigger than 5'8" though.

you can get a CL-s for 3k with a bad trans.
                        The Forester is definitely a nice choice. Not very luxurious, but it's reliable, efficient, and capable. And safe. My friend rolled one on the highway when she fell asleep and hit the grass median. Rolled 3 times, stopped on the roof... and she was dancing with me at a wedding 2 days later. That Forester kept her really safe.

CL-S or TL-S with a bad trans would be a good choice for a fixer. Another 2-3k to really get it back to working condition, and it'll be a great car.

Comment

Fixing that would be expensive!
                          yeah i wouldn't get a benz. My buddy spent over 1200 bucks doing the brakes on his 05' E320 w/ just over 100k miles. Something about a dealer only service tool made him forced to do it over there vs. at home. German cars will rape you in repairs one way or another, so have 5k saved up for when that rainy day comes!

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

That's the exact reason I won't get a used BMW, Benz, or Audi. All three are amazing cars (especially the M, AMG, or S models...) but repairs are obscene for some very necessary things. Those are cars you buy new, with a warranty, and get out of them before the warranty expires. It's someone else's problem then!
                            I'd only own an OLD German car... before they became so complicated. But those old ones would need a complete overhaul to be really nice, and a HUGE amount of upgrades to compete performance-wise with the monsters on the road today!

Comment

I'd only own an OLD German car..!
                              Tracking down a 1993 M3 for a 6.0 GM swap. Thats my next project.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X