Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 m2y4 tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 m2y4 tranny swap

Ok so I'm going to be swapping my tranny with a h on my f22a1. So far I have a new clutch, throw out bearing, rear main seal. Also gonna decrease the tranny. What sensors do I have to swap over? Is it a fairly easy swap for a beginner? I've already drilled the holes just need to tap it for the mounts. What else can u guys add just so I can be ready this weekend. Its my daily so I'm trying to tackle it all In a weekend.

You need to swap over your speed sensor and the reverse light sensor. Thats it as far as wires. That a good chance to change your slave cylinder also if you want.
    93 4dr ex 5 speed
    97 Integra DB7

Comment

Do you have a new flywheel? or are you reusing the one on the car? If so i would get it resurfaced.

Comment

You will also want some MTF - the manual says 10w-30 motor oil, but most guys here either run GM Synchromesh or Honda MTF. you will probably need some to top it off, if not drain and refill completely.

Comment

Yeah I'm using 10w-30 Mobil 1 since I couldn't get any gm or amsoil syncromesh at the moment. Also using the flywheel. So far we couldn't get the axle nut out going to tackle it all tomorrow again n hopefullygetit done this weekend.

Comment

So how did the swap go? Did you get the Flywheel resurfaced before installing the clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by cb_mienster View Post
              Yeah I'm using 10w-30 Mobil 1 since I couldn't get any gm or amsoil syncromesh at the moment. Also using the flywheel. So far we couldn't get the axle nut out going to tackle it all tomorrow again n hopefullygetit done this weekend.
              Put an impact gun on it haha
              93 4dr ex 5 speed
              97 Integra DB7

Comment

I usually tell people, if you don't know or If it's been several years since the last time the axles have been changed and you dont have impact tools. Take it to your local shop. Have them break the axle nut free and then re-tighten. Just in case your the unlucky bastard stuck struggling with rusted/fused axle nuts. We often hear these stories where 1/2 inch breaker bars and cheater bars are just not enough. I've found a few shops locally that were cool with it when I was younger and didn't have impact tools. Only cost a couple of bucks.

Comment

Working...
                X