Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow......lol, get ready to spend some money on welding then
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

im doin this swap and this thread should be a sticky

Comment

thanks man, hopefully it will since theres really not any info on this setup here and alot of people get bashed when they ask about it.
        And i'll try and snap some pics that will give the text more understanding, tommorow morning before i go to the girl friends house

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
          Correct. The h22 timing belt, cam gears, timing gear, water pump gear have more teeth then the f22, f23, h22 have on theirs

"Yes" its been a minute since i been on this site i couldnt help to see this guy needs some assistance. Baggon is right you can change the gear on the water pump but there is a easier way to do it. The way i ive done it before was use some LS intergra cam gears on a h22 cams and use a h23 timing belt and crank spoket. the belt will be extra tight forceing it on but you will not have to spend alot of money paying the machine shop to swap water pump gears on top of that you can damage the water pump in the process. I just finshed up another G23 vtec and will be pictures up soon. got any questions pm me.

By the way good write up.
          IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Comment

Originally posted by mahtogje View Post
            "Yes" its been a minute since i been on this site i couldnt help to see this guy needs some assistance. Baggon is right you can change the gear on the water pump but there is a easier way to do it. The way i ive done it before was use some LS intergra cam gears on a h22 cams and use a h23 timing belt and crank spoket. the belt will be extra tight forceing it on but you will not have to spend alot of money paying the machine shop to swap water pump gears on top of that you can damage the water pump in the process. I just finshed up another G23 vtec and will be pictures up soon. got any questions pm me.

By the way good write up.
            oh god.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              oh god.
              No dont take it that way i left it alone. But there are some problems people is runing into trying to make this thing work. I had to update my write up cause i left that out at the time cause i was in the process of doing the vtec g23 and that was one of the issues that came up. i got pictures i will post them when i get a chance. But the G series build argueing over who knows more i leave it to those who think there way is better.

Comment

Nice write-up. Head swaps can be some of the best ways to gain very decent power without spending bookoo amounts of cash.

If you aren't getting grease/oil/sweat on yourself, you aren't really modding your vehicle.
                Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I agreed with baggon saying he is right, he was asking me again to make sure. The water pump you use if for the block the gear is for the h22. And you don't have to take the pump to a machine shop to remove the gear, its not pressed on very tight at all. And if your going to do this you should be replacing the water pump anyway while its apart. And thats why I said get ahold of used h22 water pump if possible. Don't know where your getting your ls cam gears, but that would be a little harder to find then a water pump. More expensive to buy new, and I wouldn't buy cheap aftermarket adjustables either. But its your car so thats another option. THIS IS A GUIDE FOR PEOPLE, and a def way of doing it that works, so whichever way people want to do it thats up to them. Like I said this is kinda to help Deev feel better ......end rant

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                    I agreed with baggon saying he is right, he was asking me again to make sure. The water pump you use if for the block the gear is for the h22. And you don't have to take the pump to a machine shop to remove the gear, its not pressed on very tight at all. And if your going to do this you should be replacing the water pump anyway while its apart. And thats why I said get ahold of used h22 water pump if possible. Don't know where your getting your ls cam gears, but that would be a little harder to find then a water pump. More expensive to buy new, and I wouldn't buy cheap aftermarket adjustables either. But its your car so thats another option. THIS IS A GUIDE FOR PEOPLE, and a def way of doing it that works, so whichever way people want to do it thats up to them. Like I said this is kinda to help Deev feel better ......end rant

your right you could go out and buy a water pump but when you do that water pump swap you will see how hard it is to take it off with out damaging the water pump then when you do put it on how long it will last without leaking. most people take it to a machine shop to have them do it. A pair of LS cam Gears are not hard to find every junk yard in America has a LS it shouldnt cost no more than 20 bucks for the gears. Like i said in my write up months ago alot of people has a different way to do the swap some hard some easy which ever the best way to get it done. Yeah my car is a g23 non vtec my buddies is a g23 vtec that i just help finish. So i was telling you this as a option on getting this thing to run and another thing when you water pump goes out you will have to do that process all over again of changing the water pump gear. Save money if you can for future reference

Comment

i don't think you read what i wrote man. Your using a NEW water pump not a used one the only reason your getting a used water pump is for the gear. The only thing that leaks is the seal on the water pump. the only other thing that goes bad is the bearing rarely. Its not hard at all to press off a gear. If someone is really having trouble doing this then I wouldn't reccomend even doing this swap. What you think is hard and what other people think is hard, is two different things. I wouldn't want to stretch on a timing belt. But thats what you do. If you want bump up your write up or have it stickied by a mod, I'm good with mine thanx ne way for your input

Comment

Geeze! Man! Let this DIY be, stay in your own!

Comment

yea i'll have to ask one of the mods to delete this whole conversation

Comment

Would the timing even be correct using ls gears?..I mean u change the crank sprocket for tooth spacing and for timing interval changes..so how would using a h23a sprocket and ls gears work out timing wise.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                              Would the timing even be correct using ls gears?..I mean u change the crank sprocket for tooth spacing and for timing interval changes..so how would using a h23a sprocket and ls gears work out timing wise.
                              X2.

the water pump gear is not hard to switch, and as the OP stated, if you cant get the gear off, dont do this swap.
                              hell go to a honda dealer and ask them to save a old H22 pump then you can use the belt/tooth spacing honda intended for the head.....

Haulass247's writeup is very good, i did my swap this way 2 years ago and look how reliable its been.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Reliable?..ur shits not reliable at all..random jerks in steering when punched..and excessive tire wear..how is that reliable good sir?..(hehe)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X