G23/g22 vtec swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
    i am not so much fascinated with rpm's just would think that is where this swap would come to life i have even thought about destroking the f22 with the f23a head on it get a regrind and tune just to see what it would enable up top( have to get springs to). i don't think anyone makes rods for the f20b but i might be wrong. no matter what i choose to do it will be a full on build that will be over a period of time and done right. and this swap kinda intrest me for na not really for boost. and my end goal would be 250 whp but that a will be with a fully build head too. i think 250 na will be a hoot in a eg.

oh yeah i found another member on here that did the h23 vtec and it made 172/158 at 9:1 cr i think that is what it said in his sig.
    ok got ya, well yea like bagoon316 said, h23/h22 would be the best bet since theres alot of parts out for those two motors, and people have been messing with them for a while. I wouldn't use a f23 head, its really a economy head/vtec. flows like ass, feels like ass so it = ass. Good luck with that your planning to do, If I keep my Eg my g23vtec is going into it as well so
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

i didn't know that the f20b head used different valves. as for the f23a head it is what i have now i was planning to boost but i have always liked na better seems more reilable when done right. yes i can find a f22a1 head for cheap and build it and destroke my block but the h22 head( not even going to mess with the f20 head after finding out about the valves). will do the rpm's stock and flow enough for 200whp stock for now till the funds are back up from the block build(12.5:1 no matter what block) as for the h23 doesn't share the same crank and rods as the f22 just the larger bore??? and does it have the weeker sleeves too???( which will still hold up to the hp i will make ) i am pretty set on the destroking idea i think it might be sucessful in the end. just not alot of info out there on doing it (well the results of doing it) and is that h23vtec still running???

Comment

are you talking about the usdm sohc f20? I'm talking about the f20b(sir-t) motor. Yea it was in my girls car, pulled it out to just put a stock sohc motor in her cb, its going into my eg after i rebuild my gsr tranny and get my adpater plate for H to B. So its just sitting right now. The parts would be alittle harder to find for the f20b, those things perform pretty well even with just bolt ons in our cars and in preludes. But just keep doing you research

Comment

yeah i was talking about the f20b dohc vtec head. yeah i have been doing alot of reashearch the past couple days on this topic. i just want to get it fully laid out on paper before i start spending money on parts.

Comment

F20B can use h22 camshafts, cam gears, and i believe springs and retainers. thats it for the head. the valve diam's are diff, and the stems are diff. the valves will fall out. for the f20b block, the rods would have to be custom made as they are longer than h22 rods. the pistons would prob have to be custom also, since the compression height is the same as h22 just not the same bore. or you could get f22 pistons and either it wont reach the deck by .5mm or custom pistons like the f22 just the same height as h22. headgasket would have to be custom also or have to find a way to get one through honda some how. thats all i can think of right now, im not sure about waterpump or anything, since its supposed to be H belt but F block, not sure if its F waterpump or H.

as much as i dont really like HT, im sure there is more info over there.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

well he sold that head already so i will probley use a h22 head

Comment

Sorry been bouncing around real hectic lately, I'm gonna get the camera to take pics of the head for the modifications needed asap

Comment

what's the deal on the K series pistons in the F23 block? has this been done succesfully yet?
                  1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
                  01 DC4

Comment

not sure, i think there was something about it on b20vtec but can't remember

Comment

What kind of gains would I be looking at doing this with a H23 and running it stock tuned? Im looking into this since I need to replace my head as is.
                      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 90fourdoor View Post
                        What kind of gains would I be looking at doing this with a H23 and running it stock tuned? Im looking into this since I need to replace my head as is.
                        FNEG "oh yeah i found another member on here that did the h23 vtec and it made 172/158 at 9:1 cr i think that is what it said in his sig."

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                          not sure, i think there was something about it on b20vtec but can't remember
                          Just found this article that confirms they can be used with the F23 crank/rods.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...dge/index.html
                          1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
                          01 DC4

Comment

i'm gonna get those last pictures this weekend damnit lol, everything else has to wait. Anybody wanna sponsor me for a complete and good conditon shortblock for my civic hatch? SoOo that way I can get that 8 hundred F*&$)#6 dollar adapter plate lol

Comment

im thinkin about a G23 build, but just for higher CR, i was going to swap the H22A pistons on the H23 rods, but someone told me this doesnt work bc the wrist pin in the H22A is a tiny bit off center bc of the short stroke. anyone know for sure?

Comment

just curious what about using an h23(non vtec) head on a f22 block??
                                Members Ride sold...
                                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X