Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC leaking water in car

So a couple days ago i started hearing
    bubbling sounds from behind the dash on the passenger side.
    i ignored it and it went away then today it smells like wet rugs in my car and i look and when i have the ac on it sprays water on my rug on the passenger floor.
    it will randomly jsut spray some water thier every so often. any thoughts?
    ]

a/c leak in line.

Comment

well uh how do i fix it?
      ]

Comment

lol bring it to a certafied a/c repair shop.i dont fuck with a/cshit leave it to the pros.lol i heard of this happening to ourcars before though.sorry not much help.dont use a/c though.

Comment

did you try to locate the leak?get under there and find the leak just for the heck of it.i know i have heard of this happening to our cars before but i cant find it.i think i saw it on another forum?but try to locate the leak.it is defintaly an a/c line though because theres one maybe 2 that runs right through the passenger side lower dash area.

Comment

There's 2 a/c lines that run thru the firewall to the evaporator. They are low on the firewall. It would probably easiest to get to them from underneath if you have a stock airbox and ABS.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

More than likely it the evaporator case drain tube is clogged and the condensation is backing up inside the case and leaking into the passenger compartment. Its an easy fix tho. You know that rubber tube that hangs down from the base of the firewall.....that one. All you have to do is blow some compressed air up the tube, either that or you can try sticking a coat hanger up there to loosen all the debris.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                More than likely it the evaporator case drain tube is clogged and the condensation is backing up inside the case and leaking into the passenger compartment. Its an easy fix tho. You know that rubber tube that hangs down from the base of the firewall.....that one. All you have to do is blow some compressed air up the tube, either that or you can try sticking a coat hanger up there to loosen all the debris.
                This man knows his sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                  Good Advice. I've also seen poor evaporator replacements kink the hose on reinstallation. Either way that drain hose is the culpriate. Hopefully leaves are not in the base of the evaporator assembly clogging the drain.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                    Good Advice. I've also seen poor evaporator replacements kink the hose on reinstallation.
                    yep, I've seen that to
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

bubbling sound

12 The leaky problem happened to me. It turned out to be a small rubber hose unattached from a small black box. Right where it sounds like its comming from.

Comment

yea,what mrhonda said
                        93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
                        93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
                        92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
                        92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
                        94 LX Wagon
                        00 Odyssey LX
                        92 LX Wagon
                        87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
                        H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Comment

Working...
                        X