Trunk Towel Roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Towel Roller

OK try not to laugh too hard but this is honestly one of the simplest and most useful DIYs I ever came up with. I've used it in all my cars starting with my 89SE-i, so yes its that old... 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back .

3 Items needed:
    1 - Short bungee cord (approximately 12"-14") depending on your mounting locations
    2 - 2 carabiners (available almost everywhere)
    3 - 1 Roll of paper towels

As the pics show you mount one carabiner at the trunk center or where the torsion springs cross each other.

Locate the other carabiner at the end of the torsion spring or wherever there is a hole, hook or solid attachment point.

String the bungee cord through the paper towel and connect each hook to one carabiner.

End result is endless joy and many admiring comments from ppl who notice it and say hey, why didn't I think of that?

My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Well now I want to know what TrickFlow products you have!

Kidding. This is an awesome idea! I figure mileage may vary on different cars, but most Honda sedans and coupes have those trunk springs that this DIY uses to mount up. I'll likely be doing the same to mine now!
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Very nice.

I just use a cheap bungee cords with safety clips and it sits on the inside of the trunk lid. That way you dont have to reach in for it. Got the idea from someone at a track a long time ago. Keep it in the car most of the time and then transfer to the canopy on track days.

Comment

^^^ Like your idea too...
        Last edited by hiptech; 02-18-2017, 09:25 AM.
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
        X