• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks really cool, nice job

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_dx
      awesome, yeah I wouldnt use blue, prlly amber to match the corners
      I just checked online for ambers and shipping is like 5 bucks, even for 2 LEDS.

I am wondering if amber LED's wont match the corners.

Comment

yeah they are cheap lil things which is awesome. let me know how i goes and how the colors match up. make sure to post a picture of it!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

if i were to wire them up to the bumper lights, i just do the same thing except run the cross wire from the parking light straight down to the bumper light? also if i drill into the back of the bumper light, wont debris fall into the light? i have a switch on the car that the previous owner had connected to fog lights, but i guess he took them off before giving me the car, bastard . how would i set this up to work on that switch.. its next to the Cruise button, and theres acutally 2 switches, 1 for each fog. my car is a 91 lx auto, if that should matter.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
            its next to the Cruise button, and theres acutally 2 switches, 1 for each fog. .
            well thats a really odd way to wire ure fogs...u only need to use one of them...just wire them together. then extend the wires thru the firewall to the switch and connect them...as long as u complete the circuit the switch will work...its pretty simple
            In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

not exactly sure what the previous owner had set-up. i noticed PIAA wires under my hood so im guessing the switch was wired to some fogs. and i guess he made 2 little switches, 1 for each fog hopefully i can figure out where the switch leads to and i can use 1 for the parking light LED and mayb another for something else.. mayb fogs in the future, who knows

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
                also if i drill into the back of the bumper light, wont debris fall into the light?
                When I put strobe lights into police cars, debris falls in them. I am drilling 1 inch holes into the plastic so I get a lot of debris. After I drill the hole, I take a vac and just suck as much as I can out of there. Since your drilling with such a small hole, you won't see much for debris. I wouldnt worry about it

Comment

Hmm that looks hawt. I wish my Ranger had the two seperate high and low beam housing.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Try these. You have a wider variety of LEDS. This where I usually buy mine from.
                    Pictures of my Car
                    Check out my Interactive Service Manual CD's

More Coming Soon!

Comment

Whoa... talk about almost 10 years late! Hahaha! I had REAL "citylights" on my Accord back in highschool. LMAO! This is a great DIY though. Very nostalgic and very o'skool. Kudos!
                      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

this is sweet.. and i'm wondering why it wouldn't be street legal... It's not excessivly bright, and newer cars have it factory. I drive around with my parking lights on all the time now, well unless it's too dark, because I did the bumper light conversion. Maybe I'll do this, I just want to find out if it's actually legal first..
                        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                          this is sweet.. and i'm wondering why it wouldn't be street legal... It's not excessivly bright, and newer cars have it factory. I drive around with my parking lights on all the time now, well unless it's too dark, because I did the bumper light conversion. Maybe I'll do this, I just want to find out if it's actually legal first..
                          well im guessing its not legal. cops complain bout the odd colored lights. they arent D.O.T. approved or wahtever. im not really worried cuz as i said before and well you said now. they arent excessivly bright. ya can try what do0dfromcali is doing. order amber/orange colored ones and try it out. i highly doubt a cop will realize the difference nor care to complain. if its like lets say purple or green. ya know they always want to be pricks to the ones that want to be different. cops... cant stand them at times.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

true.. i have seen some kits that are DOT approved though. so who knows.. it looks sweet as hell.. maybe i'll do it, but with the switch, like suggusted before..
                            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

nice idea, i like it, but i'm gonna try a variation of what you originally did Michalob.

my alarm system uses an LED to indicate that it is active, ie. it blinks continuously to show that the alarm has been set. what i wanna do is mount an LED in each corner lamp and wire it to blink in unison with the alarm LED inside my car. would that be fairly easy to do? i'd just have to splice into the wire leading to the LED, right? also, say if i didn't want my corners to be blinking one night for some reason, would i be able to wire up a switch that would let me toggle whether they would blink or not? without cutting off the blinking to the original alarm LED of course. sorry about all the questions, i didn't pay very much attention in my Electronics class when i was in high school, just enough to get the credit
                              1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
                              [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

There blue of course its illegal.. Change it to amber and you wont get the attention from the cops.

Comment

Working...
                                X