No announcement yet.

EXT: Bumper Light Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont even need damn relays I dont have any.

I keep my JDM sidemarkers and Bumpers on with the corner lights. It looks hella cool at dusk.

Heres a picture of it

Comment

Cool!!! Thanks guys for clearing that up for me!!!

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Lx
        i just did this today with the 92-95 civic sockets... It took me 10mins !!!!! the 92-95 civic sockets have three wires . connect (black to black) (green t0 green) and for the red wire run it to the constent corner (the one that always stays on) bulb postive side... Like i said it took me 10mins... anyone can do this
        does the civic socker fit directly into our oem bumper lense..?? i got a 87 accord socket wid blk.red/green wire too.but socket not fit..how can connect usin these 87 accord wire??

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Eh....tired it yesterday and now my corners dont light up when i put signal light on nor does the bumpers stay on.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
          ----
          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

I suck!!!!

Ok, first off I thought of this the other day(not knowing others had done it already) My car is a 91' and it has 2 green wires and one blackwire on the bumper light. Ne way it worked fine for like 20 secs. then I THINK i heard a click and all the signals stopped working. that was a fuse but now when my lights are turned off the corner light that blinks on the side that I hooked up to the bumper lights(pass. side) is always on its a lil dimmer than normal and the one on the other side(drivers side)is very dim. If i turn the lights on they all turn on fine except the pass. side is dimmer than the rest of them and the turn signal is barely even noticable. The drivers side is completly normal. anyone know WTF the deal is? and why do I have 2 green wires? I'm kinda getting tired of people telling me my lights are on and its somewhat embarrising saying "yeah, I know their messed up"
            91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

no clue...faulty ground

Comment

heres the way i did mine but it results and a hyper blinker. cut the power wire off the bumper blinker and just spice in the power wire off ur corner park light and there u go always on bumper lights, but ur blinker will blink fast which i like anyway

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
                  Is it street legal to have the bumper lights stay on using the single filament 1157 bulb? In other words, the bumper lights will be much brighter when constantly on compared with the the low filament of the 1157 bulb. I really don' t want to get hassled by cops.
                  it looks more like the 3rd gen integra bumepr lights

Comment

Originally posted by 93Lx
                    i just did this today with the 92-95 civic sockets... It took me 10mins !!!!! the 92-95 civic sockets have three wires . connect (black to black) (green t0 green) and for the red wire run it to the constent corner (the one that always stays on) bulb postive side... Like i said it took me 10mins... anyone can do this

But when you signal does it hyperblink??
                    I'm planning to do something with a resistor, i just need to find more information about it.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Alright, i got a 91 accord with a 92-93 bumper. Will it make any difference when doing this DIY? Like wiring and stuff, are they all the same?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

So I tried this today...I'm pretty good with wiring, I am MECP certified....and unfortunately this did not work. After trying it I realized this was for the single filament 92/93 style....and the link to the other DIY doesnt show the diagrams anymore, broken pics. In any case, now my drivers side turn signal (the only side I tried,corner light, bumper still blinks normal) does not come on at all. It's interesting, the left side doesnt hyperblink, so its still seeing the resistance of a good bulb. I tested the wire behind the bulb, and its not getting voltage. Well, it's getting less than 1 volt. I'm thinking it fried something...but what I dunno. All fuses are good, as is the bulb. Worse case now I guess is I can run a jumper from the rear drivers turn signal to get it to work...I'd rather not. Ideas?

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                        Traded with: Cb7xChun
                        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                          So I tried this today...I'm pretty good with wiring, I am MECP certified....and unfortunately this did not work. After trying it I realized this was for the single filament 92/93 style....and the link to the other DIY doesnt show the diagrams anymore, broken pics. In any case, now my drivers side turn signal (the only side I tried,corner light, bumper still blinks normal) does not come on at all. It's interesting, the left side doesnt hyperblink, so its still seeing the resistance of a good bulb. I tested the wire behind the bulb, and its not getting voltage. Well, it's getting less than 1 volt. I'm thinking it fried something...but what I dunno. All fuses are good, as is the bulb. Worse case now I guess is I can run a jumper from the rear drivers turn signal to get it to work...I'd rather not. Ideas?
                          You could have fried the wire itself.

I want to do this diy but nobody seems to have any luck with it. Can someone honestly say they did the diy with the civic sockets and it has worked perfect for them for a long period of time with no problems??

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post

I think I did the same thing to mines.
                            How can we run a wire from the rear?

H22 Fund=Postponed!

Comment

has anyone worked the bugs out on this one yet? would it be better to run a relay with the civic wire? mabey get power from a source.

Comment

Nobody???

Comment

Working...
                                X