Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbsharp
    bisimoto is not the only person who can make a very high quality header. I think you are over exaggerating the negative effect that using a different high quality header might have. I do agree that taking your time and getting things right is the way to go when taking on a project like this.
    Keep in mind we are talking about the F22ax market here, he is the best. As far as I know, there is no other F22ax header with as much R&D as he has into his on the market today. If you know of any, please let me know.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I do think that his f22a header will out preform all others, but the question is, by how much? I doubt that we will have access to any dyno's of f22a all motor builds comparable to this one, with a different high quality header, so that question probably won't be answered. even if we did there are so many variables in what the dyno says that you couldn't compare them anyways.
      My guess is quite a bit. An SMSP header can easily gain 20-30WHP over something on the order of DC Sports, even on a relatively stock engine.

Pretty much the ONLY headers that see those kinds of gains are custom made for the specific application. Not all headers are created equal, and even more so, they don't all function the same on each build. Since each part is designed to work in a system with each other part, they must all be 100% tailored to work with each other. So basically, the ONLY unit that is going to work to max potential is something like Bisi's. Considering his expertise on the engine, and the amount of time Cisco has been spending talking with Bisi, and sharing details, I am SURE the design will be very very close to optimal.

Besides, the fact that he is selling it for a FRACTION of the cost of any other custom brand, is a plus, even if it only outperforms it by a small margin. The retail price for Bisi is around $600, probably slightly more for a complete custom unit. You are looking at about $1200 to get into a stock level, off the shelf unit from, say, SMSP or RMF, so I think the performance will be justified there too.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

So to review, all leaks are fixed, seats are reupholstered, carpet installed. Now by this Thursday all the dyed parts will be done and I will go in to check it all out. The shop said that he added a little kick to the seats mostly, so that is the surprise, but I have no idea what he did.

Anyhow, things are wrapping up and perhaps by 4/21 interior will be completed.

Also, will receive a new OEM shift boot and shift knob this Tuesday, since the original knob is all nasty (been annoying me) and it has no shift boot currently as the original had a large hole in it.

Comment

New OEM shift boot & knob received today. I will have update on interior Thursday night, as I have to stop in the shop then. Bisi should have another update at end of this week on the header progress.

Comment

I look forward to seeing this long awaited project completed, and to see your new interior. I'm also very glad to hear that Bisimoto's new header will be completed soon. I look forward to purchasing the production model, when it becomes available, no rushing perfection though. The money to get a Bisimoto Header doesn't seem to far off especially with the wonderful CASH GIFT, that we shall be recieving from Mr. Bush along with the rest of my fellow Americans! Ha
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Everything seems to be coming together there Cisco!

Can't wait to see it at one of the meets this summer!
              R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

So I will deliver the center vent part this Wed. to the custom shop for them to finish installing the dashboard. They have a few higher mounted parts in the car to dye, other than that it's all done. Seats are finished and all one charcoal grey color/one cloth material and at the shop, ready for install. I guess this shop tried mixing vinyl into the seats to give it a better effect, but the vinyl charcoal grey color did not match up with the cloth color, so the owner had it redone to all one color/one cloth material. Fine by me, so I guess there will not be something extra with the seats.

Anyhow, weather has been great here lately, getting very anxious to drive this car.

Comment

Got the missing parts needed to reinstall all interior parts on my white Accord, will be visiting the shop after work today. Will post up their progress. Car should be done by end of this week! I have to arrange to get it towed to my friend's shop though, still not driveable due to the need of a tune, which I can not due until I receive the Bisimoto header.

Just spoke with Bisi today, this Sunday he will visit the header fabricator again. So no update there, sorry.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-24-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Mmmm mmmm, car is looking hot inside. That professional black dye they used on the interior plastics looks OEM! They even did the visors for me. To clarify, my front & rear window trim is still chrome color all around, it was not chipped away. The inside door panels are mostly black dyed, but have charcoal grey carpet trim, that looks OEM, they did a great job. Seats are mint man! They put the Autometer 2 pillar gauge pod, looks nice. So I got them the remaining rear seat hardware, the new black floorpan carpet looks hot in the car, so happy. Car looks even better than my black/grey OEM interior in my red Accord!

Photos later, then I regain possession of the car.

Comment

you have gotten very in depth with your project, and you have done a very good job. what is keep you from adjusting the tune yourself?
                      If I learn to tune, I know I can and will do it well. However, it will take me a lot of time and I'll have to dedicate the other half of my life to it. I have all the tools to measure what I need to know about the motor, the rest I leave it to a tuner. simpler that way. When I get into something, I get into it all the way, I don't like to half-a$$. I just realize it will take too much time is all, to learn it how well I'd want to.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                        maybe youll learn to tune when the motor smells nitrous eh ? Ok that was weak but i think you have maxed out this motor and its potential is at peak. Maybe ITBS would be the next step. maybe
                        I haven't driven this motor yet, outside of break in. I'm not going to introduce anything new for a while, I've spent enough to get to this point. I plan to keep this an NA motor, if anything upgrading some components to make more NA power in the distant future.

As for tuning, I stated my reasons already in this thread, I have too many things in life coming my way at the moment and for how passionate I am, I don't want it to potentially get in the way. Perhaps in distant future I may consider learning it, and if I do, I will learn it well and I know it will take up some good time. Just remember, I don't like to half-a$$ things like many people on here do, so when I say I'm going to get on something, I will the RIGHT way. Another thing is, I may get crazy enough to get this car tuned by the man, Bisi, himself, you never know with me.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

man you know we are all waiting to see this thing, any pic updates soon, you are doing a great job man, you attention to detail is amazing, and i love your "no half ass" attitude. keep up the fantastic work

Comment

so if it weren't for you, would bisi even be considering a manifold for the f22? Seems like you are a big pusher for them to fab these up.

Glad to see it's coming along nicely, my heart dropped when the other one was stolen.

There seem to be a lot of good shops around you, that interior place sounds top notch!

I gotta tell ya your build is an inspiration, I mean you aren't just focusing on the engine, I mean you've done suspension...and now interior!! This is the all around quality of work I will be putting into the supra when I go to rebuild the engine...this really makes me want to get an h22 and do a full build on it.

Can't wait to see the final tune numbers!
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                              Custom shop is done with interior, just finished washing outside of car, have to clean the interior up some. I'll be picking up the car today or tomorrow after work it seems, take photos then.
                              congrats cisco. Glad to hear they are done. I tried calling you saturday but you don't like talking to me i guess lol. But ya looking forward to the interior pics i want to see the surprise the guy did on the headrest if i remember right
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X