No announcement yet.

ENG: Distributor seals (ALL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did both seals yesterday on my 95 F22B6 Odyssey which has the oddball Hitachi distributor. The F22B1 (F23A1 too I believe) has the Hitachi unit as well. For the Hitachi o-ring, you can use the typical TEC distributor o-ring 26.4 X 3.1mm 30110-PA1-732. For the Hitachi internal oil seal, you CANNOT use the TEC BH-3888 seal, it will not fit. Instead, you will need this seal:

http://www.bestpartsonline.com/servl...omotive/Detail

^OS-3286 12.45 X 22 X 6mm clockwise oil seal made by KOK

I highly recommend bestpartsonline.com, they accidentally shorted me 1 seal, the manager took care of the issue immediately and sent me some extra stuff as well, communication was top notch. The seals I ordered fit perfectly w/o any issues.

I wanted to post this b/c some of our not so common swaps (F22B1, F22B6, F23A1) are not using the typical TEC distributors. I found alot of misinformation on what seals to use for Hitachi distributors, so def. pay attention to what you have! Granted, only a small amount of people will have to worry about this but wanted to spread the word.

Comment

Good eye on that Josh. I replaced the outter one and my leaking stopped. I guess the inner one is good.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I didnt even know this DIY existed... I took 32 pictures to make this DIY but Now I dont have to.

NOK inner seal

you can buy them on ebay or on amazon <<< link

here are some pictures

tools I used

leaking seal

DO NOT use a screw driver to loosen the screws. Use a ratchet with a 1/4 socket and a screw bit to loosen. This will prevent a stripping the screw.

all cleaned up

New NOK seal in with some ultra gray sealant for extra measure

Pretty easy to do just do it when the engine is cooled down so the distributor is not hot.

Comment

Working...
        X