Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
    Just spent 2 days looking through a 80+ pages... Wow, What an awesome build man! We have a similar setup, so It gives me hope that mine will actually be finished someday soon. Keep it up!
    Well shit! I don't think I've ever had anyone say this before!
    I am lost for words............ but now want to see your MRT

Come back anytime man!

Comment

Well............

That replacement power booster I bought was indeed for a ABS cb7. So all though it was installed I could not bleed the brakes. The push rod in it was too long which pushed on the MC too early. So after putting the MC to the BB the plunger was already pushed in. After mucking around with it for a few days, a lot of cursing, I finally determined it was the wrong one. It was also larger than the last BB.

Soooo I ordered a new one again. Did things proper, made sure everything fit before I put it in the car.

Pics of course...

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Back to the transmission. So after taking the CS with its new gear and putting in the tranny an obvious issue arose...

Let's keep in mind this whole setup still technically needs to drop 1mm. But I don't have the room and it would make the gear grind against the bearing.

If I did it this way, I would need to add a 1mm washer between the bearings. This may work. This measurement with the original setup was 71.2mm. All other measurements are the same here, ie - bearing fitting into the casing.

Reference
        (It should say CS)
        Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Remember to take into account that when you released the c-clip, the CS dropped about 2mm. The c-clip on the top bearing is what locates your CS in the assembly.

XXC-clip
          <-- | -->

What you may want to do is re-assemble the tranny without the forks and position the CS with the c-clip. That way you can see through the shifter assembly at your gear set. If its too difficult to see through the shifter then using an inspection camera or using some marking compound will do the trick.

My guess is you'll be fine. I had the same concern when I first assembled my tranny. The second pic below shows you what I was seeing. So I used my inspection camera and saw that everything lined up after assembly.

Wow, the BB issue sucks balls. I too have the Sk2 manifold but on my f22 and just realized its going to suck if I ever need to replace it,
          Last edited by Tishock; 11-02-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Good point. I just measured the original CS and made sure this one is identical in that measurement. Currently I need to find a 26x38x1mm washer. Anyone know where I can get this?

Comment

So you're looking to insert a shim between the top of 5th CS gear and the first bearing? Are you sure you need it to be 26x38x1? The h22 and h23 I measured are 25mm. You can look up motorcycle shim/washers. They seem to use them in their transmissions. For example the one in the picture below that I purchased, I believe is from a bwm motorcycle, trans washer 25x35x2.

KTM has the following 25x35x1
              http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oempa...washer-25x35x1

Last edited by Tishock; 11-02-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Yep, that is what i need. Thanks.

Ugg....... what. haha. Look at what they want me to pay for 2 x 1mm washers.

Subtotal:
                $3.98

Shipping:
                $49.75

Sales Tax (0%):
                $0.00

Total:$53.73

Anywho. I'll have a look around the city here.

Comment

Anyways. Time for an update.

I got the whole car back together. Bled the brakes and everything feels good. Took some shots. Happy I went with green on the new MC, did it proper. Got a new FFC rad stay, and a VTEC solenoid cover.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Looking good raf, still pulling strong
                    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      Looking good raf, still pulling strong
                      Still got my stick on the ice!
                      Glad to see you are still around man. Please don't ever leave us.

Comment

Haha I plan on staying, got some ideas kicking around and will expose them. Keep an eye out
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                            Haha I plan on staying, got some ideas kicking around and will expose them. Keep an eye out

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                            Very nice indeed.
                            thanks man. stop by anytime!

Comment

Have to say it's the first time I launched the CB7.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

So I was able to find a 25x35x1mm washer at a local ATV parts store. But it will take 5-7 business days to arrive. Then i can finally tackle that transmission

Comment

Working...
                                X