Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Catylic Converter change??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catylic Converter change??????

Its about the time to change mines, and was thinking about what to do and which one to get...I was looking for something close to oem due to the fact the oem C.C. goes for over $500, I checked out a couple of places and name brands and they have Catco, Bosal etc...I need your guys opinion please help. also I dont think I want to get a high flow converter. What you guys think would be best?

I'm trying to stick with OEM style, cause I hear that if you put a highfloe C.C you give up low end power. Is that true?? I currently have Cold air intake, Greddy Exhaust and DC Sports SS Headers. What should I do, I don;t want cheap crap. I want the best out there that will help my performance. Help out guys what do you think?????
    Thanks
    Miggy

two words: random technology.

that's the best high flow street legal cat out there. it'll probably cost you over 200 dollars, but well worth it. i don't have one, but that's what i'd go for.

Comment

I keep hearing from friends that these guys are good:

sports car converters

And seems like a lot of people also like Carsound.
      -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

ok let me let you in on a lil secret...

Hi flows are not actually HI FLOWS. they are stock catalytic converters that have nothing in them. They are an Enlarged gutted stock cat. easiest way to do the whole hi flow thing is to gut your old cat. im gonna do that to mine because we dont have emissions out here
        I like Hummers to... Especially in the morning...

4x4 Connection.

Comment

is your cat bad?

Comment

Working...
          X