Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Does all parts transfer from the f22a4 to the f22a6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does all parts transfer from the f22a4 to the f22a6?

I just need to know something before I buy a rebuild long block F22A6 I currently have the F22A4 and I need to know if all the parts on the A4 will transfer to the A6 I know that the A6 has a more aggressive cam and has a different head I just need to know if all the parts will transfer or if there are certain parts I need to get that won't swap

Define "all parts"? The F22A1/A4 intake manifold is a single runner system vs. the dual runners of the A6; it will mount up, but it won't be able to take advantage of the A6 cam unless you switch to an A6 manifold and ECM (with some modification of the wiring to operate the butterfly valves in the manifold). The exhaust manifold will bolt up fine. Power steering pump, alternator, AC compressor will bolt up.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

keep the a4 header and ditch the a6 cast manifold

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

There is no proof that the A4's tubular manifold makes any more power than the A6's cast piece. Cast iron CAN flow well.

But yes, all F22A engines are essentially the same. The only differences are the parts that are bolted to them. The A4 and A1 are the same aside from the exhaust manifold. The A6 has a different camshaft, valve springs, ECU, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and a windage tray. All of those parts can be transferred to an F22A4/1 (or likewise, F22A4/1 parts can be transferred to an F22A6.) The F22A6 is the superior engine, though. 15hp over the F22A1, and 10hp over the F22A4.

Comment

By all parts I meant like everything that bolts to the block and head I want to make sure I don't need any parts that would only bolt on to the F22a6 and not the a4 so I guess my next question is can I use the a4 ECU for the A6? I know the a6 is the best F22a motor that's why I wanted it I could have got the B18c but I plan on boosting it and I don't like boosted vtecs they really blow unless you low boost them but I plan on meadium boosting the accord

Comment

You're going to need the a6 ECU to account for the cam.

Comment

Originally posted by paintballman15 View Post
              By all parts I meant like everything that bolts to the block and head I want to make sure I don't need any parts that would only bolt on to the F22a6 and not the a4 so I guess my next question is can I use the a4 ECU for the A6? I know the a6 is the best F22a motor that's why I wanted it I could have got the B18c but I plan on boosting it and I don't like boosted vtecs they really blow unless you low boost them but I plan on meadium boosting the accord
              Ok, stop right there. You clearly know very little, and you're making decisions based on terrible misinformation.

First, to keep on topic... all F22A engines are essentially the same. The F22A6 is only "better" because of the camshaft, valve springs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, windage tray, and ECU. Internally, it's identical to every other F22A. So yes, you can interchange any of the F22A parts.
              However, as mentioned, you will want the F22A6's PT6 ECU to account for the camshaft and intake manifold (at least until you need a custom tuned ECU.)

Now onto the rest:
              The B series engines would be an absolute bitch to install in a CB7. Total waste of money and effort for the result you would get. If you're interested in a DOHC VTEC swap, the H22A, F20B, and H23A (not the H23A1) are valid options.

Whoever told you that VTEC engines will blow under boost is a moron. It has nothing to do with the engine, or how it is built. It has to do with the builder, and their choice of parts (or the tuner...) A VTEC engine is no weaker inside than your F22A.
              That brings me to the next point. You seem to be intent on boosting your F22A with the stock internals. BAD idea. They will break. Trust me on this. You might get away with it for a little while, but I've known very experienced, very knowledgeable people to blow stock-block Honda engines with turbo in just a few months. Someone with your apparently level of knowledge would be lucky to get a few weeks out of it. I don't mean this as an insult... ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, as long as you're willing to learn.

Before you do anything, I suggest you do more research. Don't start buying parts before you actually know what you're doing.

Comment

I thought the A4 has a different cam/head/intake from the A1.

Wouldn't the cam have been changed to better accommodate the 4-2-1 A4 style exhaust manifold?

Comment

No. Compare part numbers. The ONLY difference is the exhaust manifold.

Comment

What about an f22a6 block with a f22a4 head? any ideas? I cant find shit on thee internet except here thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by riseofthefall View Post
                      What about an f22a6 block with a f22a4 head? any ideas? I cant find shit on thee internet except here thanks!
                      literally the same thing....

"The F22A6 is only "better" because of the camshaft, valve springs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, windage tray, and ECU. Internally, it's identical to every other F22A. So yes, you can interchange any of the F22A parts."

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                        literally the same thing....

"The F22A6 is only "better" because of the camshaft, valve springs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, windage tray, and ECU. Internally, it's identical to every other F22A. So yes, you can interchange any of the F22A parts."
                        So could i just bolt on the f22a4 head to the a6 block? without any mods? Like the intake will be A6 intake and a6 ecu obviously.. If i remove the a6 head from the block i'll loose the extra power and thats fine.. But can i leave the a6 ECU alone? thanks for the advice in advance..

Comment

You will want to swap all the parts that are unique to the F22A6. As said before numerous times, the head castings are 100&#37; identical between all F22A engines.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            You will want to swap all the parts that are unique to the F22A6. As said before numerous times, the head castings are 100% identical between all F22A engines.
                            Sorry for making everyone be repetitive i just want to make sure and to learn.. I mean that is the reason why I joined this forum in the first place is to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by riseofthefall View Post
                              So could i just bolt on the f22a4 head to the a6 block? without any mods? Like the intake will be A6 intake and a6 ecu obviously.. If i remove the a6 head from the block i'll loose the extra power and thats fine.. But can i leave the a6 ECU alone? thanks for the advice in advance..
                              Dude, stop... Read every comment that Deevergote has replied with.

Yes you could bolt on a F22A4 head to a A6 block without modification.

If you plan to stay with the A6 intake manifold remove the butterflies in the spacer , because without the A6 ECU and that intake manifold hosed up and installed properly then that spacer won't open the second set of air ports at all when they're suppose to at a certain RPMs.

Since you don't need the A6 head, you don't need the ECU, running that ECU without the aggressive cam(in other words without an A6 head ) will indeed make your car run a little rich if I can remember.

Originally posted by deevergote
                              .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X