Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord. driving on highway w/ cruise on. Car dies...cranks but won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Accord. driving on highway w/ cruise on. Car dies...cranks but won't start.

Hey guys. Let me apologize in advance...I'm a newbie and I really wouldn't consider my self very knowledgable about cars (or how to get around an online forum). Somebody on another site I was on suggested coming here and said this was the best place to discuss things related to my particular vehicle.

First off, I have a 93 Honda Accord with 243,000 miles on it (automatic trans). Up until today it's been running fine. No noises, no temperature issues, shifting nicely etc. I have a 30 minute highway drive to school in the morning. Today I got on the highway and tried to set my cruise around 65-70. When I pressed the set cruise button the speed dropped all the way down below 60 before it finally started "cruising" and went back up to where I had set it. About 5 miles later the cruise kicked off and the car started to die. I pressed the gas pedal and for a split second it acted like it was gonna go again, but it died again. I pulled it over to the side of the highway and looked under the hood. The belt that I could see looked good. The one troubling thing was it looked like there might have been some oil splattered up under my hood. I hadn't popped the hood for a few days....and the oil didn't really look fresh. So anyway, i called for a ride and while I was waiting I checked under the car to see if anything was leaking from below. Didn't see anything. I tried to start it a few more times and it seemed like it was trying to crank, but just couldn't turn over. When my ride got there we tried to jump it, but that didn't help either. Oh by the way....I don't know if this matters but when I turned the key and tried to start it the radio/heater would come back on too.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty worried because as I was looking at your other forums and one of the problems said it could possibly be a seized up engine...and with the oil splatters and stuff....yikes. I'm just a po' college student!

Sorry if this post is redundant and has already been covered elsewhere. I really did try to look around before posting. Any input you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. May the force be with you.

Did you run out of gas?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Can i get a few pictures of the engine?

Was the CEL(Check Engine Light) on?

What is your oil level at ?

Was it over heating ?
      Last edited by tutsuo; 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

no, I had a little over a quarter of a tank of gas. No overheating. No check engine light. I will definetely post some pics and check the oil level when the tow truck drops her off. shouldn't be too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by BroccoliPhil View Post
          no, I had a little over a quarter of a tank of gas. No overheating. No check engine light. I will definetely post some pics and check the oil level when the tow truck drops her off. shouldn't be too much longer.
          KK, may simply be a dirty fuel filter or pump.
          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
            KK, may simply be a dirty fuel filter or pump.
            That is my guess to. What about main relay?
            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
              That is my guess to. What about main relay?
              For this time of year ? It's april and still in the 50-60s F at best, it is usually more common in the summer where very high tempratures are present especially when the vehichle isnt moving with the windows closed.Temps can exceed 130+ F.(but possible, You can remove the main relay and check it for burn marks.)
              Last edited by tutsuo; 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X