Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rim Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim Cleaning

Hey guys, I was cleaning my car and I wanted my rims to be really shiny, and I didnt want to polish them so I used a couple things...I'll upload pictures later...

Things Needed:

WD-40
    Simple Green
    Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish
    microfiber cloth
    orbital buffer
    Flat head screw driver (Only if you have plastic hubcaps)

Steps:

Step 1: Remove the plastic hubcaps with a flathead screwdriver (OEM Wheels only)

Step 2: Take the simple green in a spray bottle and just spray the entire rim

Step 3: Take the WD-40 and spray over the rim again

Step 4: Take the mothers mag and aluminum polish and evenly smear it on the rims until its completely covered with all white

Step 5: Take the buffer and buff the entire rim until you see a little bit of white haze, make sure that there is black poweder on the buffer pad, if there isnt STOP!

Step 6: Wipe off the rim with the microfiber cloth

Step 7: respray the entire rim with just simple green

Step 8: Buff the rim again

Step 9: Wipe it off again with the microfiber cloth ( Repeat steps 7 and 8 another 2 or 3 times and then move on to the next rim)

DONE!!!

My OEM wheels are almost 20 years old and they look new!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Pics!

Comment

You didn't want to polish them, so you polished them?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        You didn't want to polish them, so you polished them?
        my thoughts exactly

Comment

Well, polishing is when you sand it down and then get the extreme deep shine....I merely just cleaned them to get a more newer look to my rims, they had a bunch of debris and dirt on it so it was to be washed off...

Ohhh and the pics, ill post the supplies but yeah, the car is with my dad right now it sucks having the gas saver in the house, everyone wants to use it...

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Thats how it should look in the end, after a couple more sprays of simple green and buffing and wiping off it'll seem even more shiny!

For the hubcaps i just sprayed simple green and WD-40 and just wiped it off with the microfiber cloth
              Last edited by keepinitclean; 05-29-2011, 12:20 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

After:

Notice how one part of the rim is more clean, thats with more simple green on there, MAKE SURE TO MIX SIMPLE GREEN WITH WATER!!!!
                Last edited by keepinitclean; 05-29-2011, 01:40 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

No before pic?? Looks good btw

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                  Originally posted by keepinitclean
                  I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Thanks dude....

Before:

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                      Step 5: Take the buffer and buff the entire rim until you see a little bit of white haze, make sure that there is black poweder on the buffer pad, if there isnt STOP!!
                      i'm kind of confused. you're just polishing the clearcoat right? when you use mag and aluminum polish, it only turns black when you are using it on bare metal. so if you see black then that means you've worn through the clearcoat somewhere.

now that you have used the mag and aluminum polish, you can sharpen the shine up with plastic polish. it is a little bit finer than the metal polish. the plastic polish works well on the finish because it is a plasticized urethane.

i used to use plastic polish, then sealer and glaze, followed by wax. it worked pretty good for me.

later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

nice..... i mite give your way a try

Only Hard Thing is Keeping it Clean
                        my ride

Comment

damn type G, I GOT YOUR ATTENTION!!! But, yes I am polishing the clear coat, I serriously doubt the black is from going to bare metal, it just gets the grime off, most of the dirt would come from the simple green, its a degreaser and it will make every little bit of black grease come out so it is easier to wipe off. I used the mag polish, I like your idea with the plastic polish, but isn't the 90-91 rims different from the 92-93 SE rims? I'm trying to find some plastic polish, where can I get some, I wanna polish parts of the interor too..

BTW your car is stupid clean breh, I saw it on youtube and it motivated me to start cleaning under the hood...

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

im jealous that your se wheels have no crub rash on em. i am polishing mine and am having to do some curb rash repair. but there gonna look sooooo clean. i got one done and its in my mrt.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride
                            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Believe me breh, I have curb rash, I just took pictures of the ones with out them, we bought the car back in 92 brand new off the show room floor with those rims..

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X