No announcement yet.

cb9love : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popped my middle finger on my left hand open like a grape dropping the tranny on it. ill post some pics on sunday when i change the bandage. Damn thingc feels like im holding it in a propane torch.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

that's a bummer, man.

Has a doctor taken a look at it yet? might wanna have it checked out...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I have had that pain before how much and where did you come across the urethane for motor mounts ? I never thought about filling mine's in but I may as well as they are starting to have some play in them and I am a cheap bastard who doesn't wanna buy new parts lol. Guessing it would be much stiffer and stronger then stock mounts as well right?
        " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

warning graphic pictures

The following are pictures of my finger after having surgery on it.
          I have been doing my engine rebuild in the unfinished portion of my split level house. After the engine was done it was time too move it from its winter home.
          I had moved it too the outside door well and attached the transmission with new flywheel and clutch kit. The following week I had time off of work and the weather was close enough too good, a friend of mine was helping lift the motor too ground level with a chain-fall, we had it too ground level and we were moving it the last few inches too clear a 2x4 that was bordering the door well when the back end of the transmission that I was holding up dropped I bit when it got unstuck and smashed my finger between it and the 2x4.
          The motor is now at ground level resting on some boards waiting for me too get some more use from my hand.

CB7TUNER.com

Comment

that's fucking gnarly

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
              I have had that pain before how much and where did you come across the urethane for motor mounts ? I never thought about filling mine's in but I may as well as they are starting to have some play in them and I am a cheap bastard who doesn't wanna buy new parts lol. Guessing it would be much stiffer and stronger then stock mounts as well right?
              ENERGY SUSPENSION PARTS.com
              par number DIYMMI
              manufacture dst
              price $27.99 + shipping
              enough too overfill all three main mounts
              the directions are on the website I followed them too the best of my abilities, tape up the back good then tape it up better then maybe one more time. (I didnt do the one more time and had some leakage). These things turnout rock solid. I used the 80a hardness as its the suggested performance hardness. The 60a is considered better than stock for the least vibration but the most movement and the 94a is considered for track only use being the maximum stiffness and transferring the most vibration too the driver. The liquid urethane is cheaper than the polyurethane inserts far more solid and rated too repair or completely replace mounts. Until you hit BIG hp #'s this is a solid motor mount option.
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

progress report

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4...ry%3D400/today a couple of buddies and I got the motor moved from here,

too there, the boards on the ground are what we used to get the hoist and motor through the yard.
                here's a picture of my finger healed up and stiches out, only about 3 weeks. Dr. Otte at Mount Carmel Health in Columbus Ohio, IMO is a exceptional orthopedic surgeon and if you ever have the option let this man repair you.

my buddy said it looked like the wagon was smiling a little as we put the motor in.
                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Nice! Looks good in there...im sure the wagon was stoked.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                    So I'm curious, what exactly are you building here?
                    What crank did you put in? What cams?

Give us a little narration...
                    Alright, now that I have it put together and have accomplished the initial start up.
                    For my first solo/lead build, I have the h22a4 block and head with type s cams and springs in the head. The block has a f22a1 crank with the h22a4 rods and pistons. I opened the head up too let the pistons slide into the head getting my lift too be less than the Cometic .051 head gasket I'm using. The compression is about 11.9:1 and the displacement is bumped up too almost 2.3 .(the factory would call it 2.3 and 12:1 comp ) I replaced all the bearings with king race bearings NPR rings and evergreen gaskets and seals except mentioned Cometic head gasket and ARP head studs. For fuel I'm using delphi 440 injectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator and e85. I used a Phearable.net base map too start it up.

CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                      Nice! Looks good in there...im sure the wagon was stoked.
                      Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                      I keep drooling while I browse this MRT very nice!
                      Thanks for the kind words guys.
                      and thanks too the silent viewers as well
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Yesterday, The lone coolant leaks was repaired (the o-ring on the fill tube going into the water pump got pinched and was pouring water) and the car went up to operating temp.
                        The thermostats opened up and the cooling fan kicked on. Today I'm going to check and readjust the valves, drain the water, oil and put fresh in.
                        The idle is still a little bouncy so I'll also be doing vacuum leak testing and or adjusting the idle. shits lookin an soundin goood!
                        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

You are the reason I'm looking for a clean wagon to get rid of my coupe!
                          Originally posted by cb9love
                          when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Very nice ... I dunno how I missed this but .. wow!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
                              You are the reason I'm looking for a clean wagon to get rid of my coupe!
                              Thanks man , DO IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT! , just ask PakaloloHonda.
                              Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                              Very nice ... I dunno how I missed this but .. wow!
                              I know your love for the wagon, Thanks for the props, I'm gonna keep putting the love into her. I hope too have my wagon as clean as yours, soon, maybe not this summer but soon.

Today is the day we bolt the front end back together, add oil too the tranny and take her for her virgin test drive.
                              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

test drive

After coming from the car wash.

and a couple of her idling after the test drive.
                                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
                                X