markrutherford : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

markrutherford : 1991 Accord LX

Haven't been on in awhile and thought id finally make a MRT for my sedan I've been working on. Started off being my wife's and then we got her a Outback so I am back with another cb7. Below ill list a few details on her.
    Thanks for looking

Engine/Performance

- PT6 ECU
    - Gates Timing Belt
    -AEM SRI with K&N filter
    - OEM Honda Header Gasket
    - Mobil 1 or K&N Oil Filter
    - Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil

Transmission
    - F22 Auto Speed Transmission
    - Honda OEM Auto Fluid

Suspension Work / Chassis Support
    - Neuspeed Sport springs with Koni Str.t struts(Old)
    - Moog Upper Control Arms w/ Matching Ball Joint
    - Moog Rear Upper Control Arm
    - Moog Outer Tie Rods
    - Ebay special 2 Point Front Upper Strut Bar
    - No Name 17x7 black wheels with polished lip offset 38 plus
    - 215/50/17 WestLakes
    - Hand polished Prelude sawblades
    -97-01 CR-V springs and front struts( 2.5-3 inch lift)

Interior
    - Pioneer Head Unit w/ AUX & USB iPOD
    - Alpine Type E 6x9 Rears / 300W @ 75RMS
    - Pioneer 6 1/2 Fronts
    - OEM 92 LX Front Speaker Pods
    - OEM Gray Honda Floor Mats, Drivers, Passengers and Both Rear Passengers
    - Steelers shifter knob made to fit
    - No smoking sticker
    - Wink Mirror

Exterior
    - OEM Front Mud Flaps
    - OEM Rear Mud Flaps
    - OEM Frost White Paint Job(OLD)
    - 6000K HID for low beams
    - Black housed corners and bumper lights
    - Tinted Windows (20&#37
    - DIY Home Depot Lip(OLD)
    - Custom Euro Style Front plate.
    - Led bulbs here and there
    - Roof rack with BASKET!!
    - Rusted hood
    - Blue housed headlights
    - Civic Front lip!(Old)
    - 92 Ex lip
    - Bed liner Paint Job!

Future Plans / To Do List
    - Get some new suspension.
    - Get some new shoes for her.
    - Get her repainted(DONE)
    - More JDM goodies down the road.
    -Keep her simple and clean!

Last edited by markrutherford; 11-17-2014, 12:56 PM.

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Nice whip!!! Can't wait to see more of it!

Comment

Thanks bro!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

Well I've always liked the Rat Rod look so I thought id add a little rust to my cb and did a rusted hood.

Enjoy

Comment

No love on the rusted hood

ill have updated photos of it tomorrow.

Comment

Honestly bro, it hurt my feelings when I first saw it, cause I would love to have a freshly painted hood. But now I look at it again, it looks alright.
            Looks like art

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
              Honestly bro, it hurt my feelings when I first saw it, cause I would love to have a freshly painted hood. But now I look at it again, it looks alright.
              Looks like art
              Thanks bro I have mixed feelings on it, but I do have another hood laying around so now I am thinking about letting it rust and doing a full polished to the other one.

Now on for a update: Wheels had no center caps and couldn't locate even a name on the wheels so I finally found center caps that fit! Mercedes center caps( Soon will remove the emblem and throw a H sticker on it or even a skull

And then the rust update: It was rusting just fine then it rained and it started to look like crap so I brushed off the powder rust and spread old motor oil on it and it gave it a draken look( photos don't look good for some reason.

Comment

Whoa, that's real rust dude. I figured as much u had a spare one, or could get one easily.
                I didn't know there was a way to turn it that way intentionally, I saw a guy with a rust hood wrap around my way, looks interesting on a clean car like that.

Comment

the rusted hood look is hot in the dub, scene as a matter of fact this is starting too look like a jetta
                  (none Honda folks think my wagon is a Volvo or a Subaru )
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

So you had a spare hood lying around and you ruined the one with the good paint? Dunno..
                    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                      Whoa, that's real rust dude. I figured as much u had a spare one, or could get one easily.
                      I didn't know there was a way to turn it that way intentionally, I saw a guy with a rust hood wrap around my way, looks interesting on a clean car like that.
                      Ya its rust! But its rust that can be controlled with oil or even WD-40.

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                      the rusted hood look is hot in the dub, scene as a matter of fact this is starting too look like a jetta
                      (none Honda folks think my wagon is a Volvo or a Subaru )
                      Ya it is but I got the look from rat rods. Id like to own a rat rod one day. But this car below gave me the idea on the motor oil idea

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
                        So you had a spare hood lying around and you ruined the one with the good paint? Dunno..
                        No the hood had paint cracking and had rock chips in it. My goal is to rock the rusted look till I figure out what color to paint the whole car and then put the extra hood on when it gets painted. I see hoods and wheels like underwear, gotta change them every day

Comment

So had nothing to do today well the kids were in school so I figured id gut my grill and plastic dip the chrome trim white. Came out pretty good, much better then the pitted chrome and gives the front end a cleaner look. Oh and I threw some more used oil onto the rusted hood. Let me know what you guys think And sorry about the horrible iPhone pictures

Comment

Quick update! Got sick of cleaning my front bumper from the rusted hood running onto my bumper. So I sprayed it black with rust paint for now. Then I blue housed my headlights. Wasn't too hard but I got to take my bumper back off to reline my headlights into the headlight holder thing. I believe I am the 1st cb with blue housed headlights as well. Enjoy and comments welcomed

Comment

I for sure liked the rusted hood man. But I think that black looks awesome. And the blue housed headlights are different. I like it. I think it looks good with the white.
                              Originally posted by cb9love
                              when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X