No announcement yet.

Where Does Everyone Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so um.. ur gonna hook me up with parts when i need um right EG?

edit: GTF online..
    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 04-25-2005, 11:40 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

$45 an hour? I don't know what recruiter lied to you about that, but you only get paid on a salary by rank. If they paid the military by hour, lmao, everyone in the military would be millionares. For the first year your pay checks are gonna look like $600 every 2 weeks if that. Pay is by rank, and rank is by time. Air Force is def a good choice though, they are the spoiled child of all the services, the presidents golden children.
      my ride

Comment

I do brakes at a local shop
        15 dollars an hour and commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Drocca19
          oh i go to school full time also at cal state fullerton and work "full" time like i said before at albertsons and also work part time at comtemporay services company....
          Albertsons just bought out Shaws...fuckin benefits enrollment plan. FUCK ALBERTSONS.

oh and if any one couldnt decipher that. I work for Shaw's as a Master Of Delicatessen arts.

Like Drocca says...Shaws Osco making you life easier...and shittier.

39 hours this week and at 8.25 holy gawd Im rich. Prior to this I was raking at least a grand every two weeks as an intern..go figure with the money i couldve saved my old Cb couldve had an h22 BUT I got an apartment as well (learned alot of lessons which included a fucked up credit )

Currently looking for a full time job
          Last edited by HenRoc; 04-26-2005, 12:02 AM.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
            $45 an hour? I don't know what recruiter lied to you about that, but you only get paid on a salary by rank. If they paid the military by hour, lmao, everyone in the military would be millionares. For the first year your pay checks are gonna look like $600 every 2 weeks if that. Pay is by rank, and rank is by time. Air Force is def a good choice though, they are the spoiled child of all the services, the presidents golden children.
            ^^^very true thats how much i get every 2 weeks E3 salary i wouldve joined the airforce but the navy has such a nice medical program and i want to go back to san diego so yea we have like 5 bases over there closest one airforce has one to san diego is like 3 hours away so yea its all up to you if the military is for you but trust me you will find a lot of stupid people in the military and some of them are just nice as hell and really cool to hang out with..... oh i have friends that are master chiefs so yea i kinda got the hook up to go back to san diego hahaha
            Beast: Evo X
            Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

16 hrs (4 classes each with its own lab) plus TAing for a microprocessors lab. Only able to charge 20 hrs @$7/hr a week but sometimes i go over . It almost got me an internship at IBM but the prof wants me to help him do research over the summer.

applied for internship at Applied Materials www.appliedmaterials.com but still waiting to here from them.

1 more year of school

Comment

So the best branch of the military to to into is the AF? Or would it be the Navy so I could see alot of the world? Whats the deployment like: i wouldnt like to be gone forever!

How long would I have to sign up for?
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

i work at tha Ramada Inn over nights. 10:30-7. right now i set up banquets that companys all over tha world pay for. fun stuff.

i can get rooms for $35.00 instead of 59.99 or whatever it is. so hit me up if ur in tha area.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                    So the best branch of the military to to into is the AF? Or would it be the Navy so I could see alot of the world? Whats the deployment like: i wouldnt like to be gone forever!

Well after the 6 month deployment and the work-ups, you would probrably be gone about a total of 10-12 months for every 2 years. If you want to see the world then the navy is the way to go, if you want to be comfortable then the air force is the way to go. Living on the boat sucks, long hours and hard work (12 on, 12 off for weeks at a time) but when you hit port you will have the time of your life, just don't get drunk and piss on any statues while in greece or rome (cops don't like that to much). With the air force they give you nice lodging and work hours, the galley food is better, you will get hazerdous duty pay just for being near marines and army, boot camp is cake, well all boot camps are cake but Air Force is the easiest. The only thing about all that is the only thing you are gonna see while in the air force is the desert or some other base that is out in the middle of bum fucked egypt.
                    Smallest enlistment is 4 years, some magically pull off to get 3 but I don't know how they do that.
                    my ride

Comment

im a civilian for the Air Force! Computer support/engineering aide!

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature

bracer has it right to a point - especially about the partying - for instance i know plenty of people who LIVE for deployment - it really depends on the people you're with... whether or not it's gonna be a good time or no

to make it more realistic - since we are in a wartime - you could be deployed on your ship for much longer than 6 months -- i know the longest my husband was away from ANY port was 9 and the longest he was away from his home port in Yokuska, Japan was 12... and you sign up for at least 4 yrs usually - then you can reenlist if u want...

Life on a ship sucks, especially if you're on a carrier. you get hazard/ combat pay in certain area of deployment. you also get separation pay if you have dependents -- btw, Navy is the hardest branch to keep a family together; but they have some of the best programs to help you out. i love the life personally, and i cant wait to see where we move next

anyway to stay on topic - I work as a waitress at applebees (6.75/hr + tips) meanwhile I am a musician and freelance photographer - the photography usually pulls in 50/hr with a 4 hr minimum... unless we're friends and we do custom paint/ body work at negotiable prices

yes its a lot of jobs but i have A LOT of credit to fix...
                        Last edited by i'm the girl; 04-26-2005, 10:57 AM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

i build hybrids/turbo setups/ n/a beasts on meh spare time.. besides that school.. no need of a jobby right now.. besides supporting my hobby.. waiting to score something at like advance auto or napa.. so i can get discount on parts

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I'm just a technician at a Honda dealer here in Dallas. Working on Hondas all day long, and getting paid for it....does it really get any better than that.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

IT/MIS for this company .
                              dont get payed enough for what i do there. but the people are cool.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                                I'm an IT/MIS manager for a contract support consultant company, serving about 30 clients in NYC and northern/central New Jersey. Been working this for about 2 1/2 years now. Salaried, so long hours kick my ass sometimes. No, alot... lol. But I like it. Got mike hired here recently, he does a good job
                                thats cool. we only have like 200 users. glad i'm hourly.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Working...
                                X