Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h/f22 crank swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h/f22 crank swap

hey guys, just a quick question. is anyone on here running the f22 crank in their h22? i have that with type s pistons but i cant figure out for shit what rods to use. i need to order them within the next couple of days so i can have my motor in for nopi. any help at all will be much appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by dark accord; 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM.

You'll need custom rods as it will push those pistons right into the head. The F22 crank is a good 4mm longer than the H22 crank, which means it will push the pistons 2mm higher. Not to mention the F22 crank isn't as well balanced as the H22 crank. It's a real give and take situation...the F has nice torque but overall I think the H has a better bottom end.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ok cool thanks, i think ill just buy another h22 crank and be done with it. thanks for the help.

Comment

f rods and type s pistons. you comp. will be over 12:1. puting type s piston in a f block with f rods has been done before. the h and the f share the same block, only diff is the oil squirters.
        Last edited by sulimed; 08-17-2006, 10:22 PM.

Comment

You can buy another crank, straighten it, lighten, and knife edge it if you want to spend the money. You will notice the engine rev free er because it takes off some of that parasitic drag.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            You can buy another crank, straighten it, lighten, and knife edge it if you want to spend the money. You will notice the engine rev free er because it takes off some of that parasitic drag.
            i have thought about doing that too but im kinda on a budget now. i have alredy spent alot of money on itbs, pistons, flywheel, etc. and i only need a few more things before im done buying parts.

Comment

I have been researching and have been told that i can use the f22 crank with h22 rods and pistons and that all i would have to do is use a thick (like a .50-.51) head gasket from someone like cometic. does this sound right to you guys?

Comment

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ad.php?t=11124

Comment

hell yeah dude thats what i wanted to know. thanks alot.

Comment

i was looking at that thread and it said the type s pistons wouldnt fit with the f22 crank and rods but the regular jdm h22 pistons would work. Now this should put the compression ration into the 11.x:1 range correct? just guestimating. this should be safe to run as a daily driver on 93oct right? as long as its tuned correctly of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dark accord
                      I have been researching and have been told that i can use the f22 crank with h22 rods and pistons and that all i would have to do is use a thick (like a .50-.51) head gasket from someone like cometic. does this sound right to you guys?
                      I recently learned you can get a 5-layer steel headgasket from honda as OEM and it's .054" thick. Look into that at a dealer for an H22 application. This may solve your issues there as OEM of great quality and used on alot of performance builds.

Make sure you do a piston to valve clearance check on your engine build for all possible settings you plan to do.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ok, well we built the motor doing everything right. we clayed the pistons to check the gap and it clears fine. my compression ratio is 12.12 :1 that is rather high and i dont think i like it being up there do to pre-detonation reasons. we are taking the head back off and taking it to the machine shop saturday. just to have it cleaned and worked on a bit. so with any luck we should have the engine done by sunday-ish. once i get my break in period done we will be going to the dyno and testing/tuning it there. im sure mcdizzle will be there so you can find out some more thing from him. so far its been a headach, but im sure it will be worth it when were finished. thanks for all your help guys. ill definately be checking into that head gasket.

Comment

ok, well we built the motor doing everything right. we clayed the pistons to check the gap and it clears fine. my compression ratio is 12.12 :1 that is rather high and i dont think i like it being up there do to pre-detonation reasons. we are taking the head back off and taking it to the machine shop saturday. just to have it cleaned and worked on a bit. so with any luck we should have the engine done by sunday-ish. once i get my break in period done we will be going to the dyno and testing/tuning it there. im sure mcdizzle will be there so you can find out some more thing from him. so far its been a headach, but im sure it will be worth it when were finished. thanks for all your help guys. ill definately be checking into that head gasket.
                          I'm going 12:1 on my white project. Why not do it? Run premium and tune it correctly. I'm using a Hondata S200 or S300 system when it comes time, all about the tuning but it can be done.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hell yea man. my swap should be done by tuesday hopefully, thats the day my header comes in and ill have my dad run it to the shop so they can install it before i pick it up.

My Members Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

you guys are making me jealious... i found out that i have to put off my build cause both of my blocks are F'ed... but anyways... good luck with everything and i hope it all goes off without a hitch...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Working...
                              X