No announcement yet.

Sketchy tire stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lame. Just as stupid as that Celica with the crazy stretch and camber.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

you can "stretch" a tire with out it being illegal or unsafe. example 195 on 7 inch rim. that is "technically" stretched. because the manufacture limits them to 6.5 inch wide wheels.

I have 195 on 6.5 feels real good.

Comment

I would rather have a slightly bigger tire than to be stretched like that. It just doesn't look safe at all. Whose idea of stretching tires was it anyways? SMH.
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

it's all about the poke
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

gross, as soon as you take a turn in one of those you're toast.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              it's all about the poke
              in the bum

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

It's all a plan by the government to make import tuners have to drive slow and carefully.
                wat?

Comment

stupid trend. it serves no purpose other than looks. and even as a look, its crap. I hope it dies.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                    stupid trend. it serves no purpose other than looks. and even as a look, its crap. I hope it dies.
                    Not starting a debate, but in my state tire tread sticking past the fender is illegal, as it was in Belgium where tire stretching started, they stretched a tire on to get the tread back within the fender.

Comment

Or you could just run a wheel that doesn't poke out past the fender...

Comment

I'm a fan of a stretched tire, but not to this magnitude. I like when tires are fully seated, but they have a slight inward slant of the tire from the lip/edge of the rim (no more than 3/4" or so). Basically no more less than an inch of the recommended tire width for a specified rim.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hahahah he lives 10 minutes from me and where my friend got his tire stretch!!!!!!!....all his cars including his crx is stretch on conti 175/55/15...f-ing on a 15x9 insane and dangerous...
                          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                            It's all a plan by the government to make import tuners have to drive slow and carefully.
                            and ever since i have my current setup, ive been driving low and slow.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I laughed when I saw this. This dude cant be serious! No way you could actually drive around the block and have that tire stay on the rim!

Comment

Am I the only one that likes to see meaty tires. I plan on getting a wider set of wheels on my STi but I want some meat on them.
                                1993 Accord EX
                                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Working...
                                X