CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 05-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

TracieS seems to have made some friends! TracieS seems to have made some friends!
Mike Burroughs’ Bmw-powered 1928 Ford Model A

If your wondering who he is he built rusty the slammed BMW. This is his latest build from ground up wich I must say is pretty awesome if you have time read the write up on it. And more pics in the link.
http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/05/m...d-bmw-model-a/

STANCE|WORKS
TracieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
That's pretty cool.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
verothacamaro
Contributing Member

verothacamaro is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to verothacamaro
I'm bummed that they chose to put music over that glorious V8 :-(
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Any rat rod is cool.

A BMW powered rat rod...now that's bad ass.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

steelbluesleepR seems to have made some friends!
love it

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com
steelbluesleepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymikey View Post
Any rat rod is cool.

A BMW powered rat rod...now that's bad ass.
I wouldn't say any... a car like that shows that extensive attention to detail has been paid in order to make it look appealingly shabby. Many rat rods are literally just ratty cars that don't just look like they're falling apart... they really are!
Just like the BMW he built, far more care than it seems needs to be taken for the car to really look right.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
OMG.

Doesn't load at work. I know what i'll be doing tonight. I was a HUGE fan of Rusty. A lot of opinions on it, but at the end of the day, you couldn't deny that he did what HE wanted to do and the many changes rusty went through proved that. He was himself to the core, and it showed.

I can't wait to read through this build.

What the heck does he do for a living lol>!?
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

It cost him $3000 for the shell, and another $2200 to get it home. So he was $5000+ in the hole before he even started. BMW V8 (95 740), M5 manual transmission, custom BBS RS wheels... This car probably cost him well over 30 grand in the end. I'm sure he's successful in whatever he does... he's clearly no stranger to hard work, and he has an eye for detail. His writing shows obvious intelligence and education.

My favorite part of the article is the end:
"It taught me that if I don't push myself, I'll never grow... and for me, this is hot rodding. Now, with a car built from scratch under my belt, I'm ready for the next one. This was just a practice run. It's time to rebuild Rusty Slammington."

Old 05-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
He should have just put in the m5 engine lol
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

For a 1500lb car, that might've been way too much power... especially with those tall skinnies!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Yay rusty is coming back!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

It's funny... I HATE the stupid slammed/stanced/rusted trend (or any combination of such.) But this guy does something that most people do not. He managed to take a car that was destined to be scrapped... and essentially turned it into art. He didn't ruin a good car. He gave a piece of scrap metal a new lease on life. He didn't just crap it all up and say "that looks good!" There's a legitimate attention to design in his work.
I'm sure he's not rolling around town in it... picking up his girl, or driving to his shift at Good Burger either.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

TracieS seems to have made some friends! TracieS seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
It's funny... I HATE the stupid slammed/stanced/rusted trend (or any combination of such.) But this guy does something that most people do not. He managed to take a car that was destined to be scrapped... and essentially turned it into art. He didn't ruin a good car. He gave a piece of scrap metal a new lease on life. He didn't just crap it all up and say "that looks good!" There's a legitimate attention to design in his work.
I'm sure he's not rolling around town in it... picking up his girl, or driving to his shift at Good Burger either.
x2

See this is what most people fail to realize. He took a car that was getting crushed and had fun with it. Before the wrecks that car was kept clean as a whistle. But it was getting crushed so why not have some fun. Unlike most of these kids who take a perfectly good car and rust and beat the shit out of it to be cool. HE drove the car mostly on the weekends and such. It would be funny going down the road and seeing people necks breaks to look at the car and also camera phones hanging out car windows lol.

STANCE|WORKS
TracieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
Ralphie
Stalker

Ya but the rust trend, while starting with ratrods, was started by him OUTSIDE the rat rod world.

So if you hate the trend, then it's unfair to direct it at him, as he wasn't following, except the rat rod guys, but to me its different because it was on a BMW.

In the end if you just dislike it, then you dislike it, but I think it was really orginial especially in the position he was in with the damage.

It was like, "look I have one of the cleanest BMW's around". "Oh shit, now I have damage from an accident, well ill make the best of it" and he did.

IMHO, the highlight of that car was the Spitifire look. Im biased because im a huge fan of WWII fighters and such but that was just sick. No one has ever done it, and I don't think has since. Its original and that's what everyone always bitches about, but then when someone does it, you still get shit.

It's hard to be truly original in this hobby because someone has already done it, in almost every aspect.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

You misunderstand me. I'm not blaming him for the trend (and he didn't start it... merely popularized it.) I'm not saying what he did was bad. I'm saying what he did was good... and his attention to detail on a seemingly junky car is what sets it apart.

His rusted BMW has more care put into it than practically any other car made to emulate that style. It probably has more care put into it than most of the "show cars" on this site.

That Model A rat rod there is a meticulous piece of art, not just some slapped together rustbucket that should be losing parts as it drives down the road.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
AstroVannin
CB7tuner Member

AstroVannin is cool... so far.
Just watched that video last night.

Def a neat truck, and a well executed build.

Looking forward to seeing the return of Rusty Slamington.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed4thgen View Post
dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now
AstroVannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

steelbluesleepR seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
It cost him $3000 for the shell, and another $2200 to get it home. So he was $5000+ in the hole before he even started.
you misunderstood, he haggled from $3k down to $2,200, then called a tow truck (undisclosed amount.)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com
steelbluesleepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
Hopeless
CB7tuner Member

Hopeless is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post

What the heck does he do for a living lol>!?
hes a professional automotive photographer, and editor in chief at stanceworks.

the guy's only 24 years old, and in the early stanceworks days a'la 2007-2010 (09 was the official start of stancworks), he worked odd jobs and flipped cars/wheels for his money.

rusty was built over a 5 year span.

over the course of that time is when he started stanceworks and got into photography.

stanceworks, as we know, blew up. i imagine most of his income stems from his automotive photography (he photographs formula d and some other events), and marketing his site (advertising/sponsor income and store goods income)

not sure if he does other work or what kind of other work he might do, but i imagine he turns enough on the site for right now to make an extremely comfortable living, not to mention getting college educated in photography will provide longetivity after the site is gone.

i definitely love the guys cars. he just does them right. some may not fit tastes of others but he does incredible jobs and like deev said pays great attention to detail.

from rusty, to his e9, to this car, and his lesser known cars like his other e39 and his bmw 635.

his e9 and his e24 are some of my favorite cars.

Last edited by Hopeless; 05-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
wed3k
Contributing Member

wed3k seems to have made some friends! wed3k seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wed3k
the hell is a slammington?

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.
wed3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
AstroVannin
CB7tuner Member

AstroVannin is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
the hell is a slammington?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed4thgen View Post
dustin, you are a dick!