CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Interior DIYs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:35 PM   #21
h22a_4thGen
CB7tuner Member

h22a_4thGen is cool... so far.
awww man... why couldnt i see this earlier....

this happend to me like 2 weeks ago, didnt really kno wat was wrong/ wat to do so it cost me $140 to fix the thing.. and the shop did a bad job...
wish i saw this earlier.. nice DIY..
h22a_4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #22
BlackMagicCB7
CB7tuner Member

BlackMagicCB7 is cool... so far.
I had this happen to me today. Where can I bring my car to have this fixed without having a hack job done and for cheap. The write up makes good sense but I don't have the tools and space to try it myself. Its too hot out and the windows don't roll down.

Let me know where I should go to get this done. I am thinking the worse, like the Honda dealer and it would probably cost me $500+ .
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #23
92cb7accord
CB7tuner Member

92cb7accord is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicCB7
I had this happen to me today. Where can I bring my car to have this fixed without having a hack job done and for cheap. The write up makes good sense but I don't have the tools and space to try it myself. Its too hot out and the windows don't roll down.

Let me know where I should go to get this done. I am thinking the worse, like the Honda dealer and it would probably cost me $500+ .

holy bring a thread back from the dead batman
i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.
92cb7accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
BlackMagicCB7
CB7tuner Member

BlackMagicCB7 is cool... so far.
Yea I know its an old thread, I found the link to this on Honda-Tech.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
92cb7accord
CB7tuner Member

92cb7accord is cool... so far.
just messin with ya.
i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.
92cb7accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #26
TypeG

TypeG is very helpful TypeG is very helpful
i know you said you didn't have the tools to do this, but you should try to borrow them from someone because it will save you a good bit of money to do i yourself.

just make sure it's the latch that is bad. sometimes a rod pops off inside the door. all the symptoms are in the first post. good luck. later.

TypeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #27
Dom
Contributing Member

Dom may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via AIM to Dom
just make sure to lube it and every other latch and hinge at least twice a year and you'll never have this problem..

think of it like this it is a moving part being opened and shut more times than you could imagine..

just use some of this stuff twice a year

Clicky Here

My CD7
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #28
Ensjesse
CB7tuner Member

Ensjesse is cool... so far.
Type G,

Thank you for the great information, this happened to me last year and I am finally getting around to fixing it now. This has to be the most frustrating thing to ever happen with my CB7. I was able to get the door to open half way (like an inch, like in your post) but no luck in getting it to move any more than that, can you show me what exactly I should be poking or prodding at in the whole with the flathead?

Thanks so much.

Jesse
Ensjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #29
TypeG

jesse, when i was moving the screwdriver around, i felt the door jump about an inch, as you described. i kept proding around in the drilled hole until it let go.

in the exploded pics, you can see a black wheel and a black arm. the two look like one piece, but the black arm is what you have to push down to allow the black wheel to rotate, releasing the door. later.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #30
91@CCORD74
CB7tuner Member

91@CCORD74 is cool... so far.
i did this but im having a problem that not too complicated. I can only open my door when i put my key in and hold it to the open position then my door will open. Also when sitting in my car the latch pops up and goes back down but not all the way to lock but the door wont open I know wat it is, its the thing that you have to screw on the rod coming from the exterior door handle to the latch its not adjusted right, anybody know how many turns is is supposed to be set at?
91@CCORD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:52 AM   #31
Darkcloud
CB7tuner Member

Darkcloud is cool... so far.
I dont get it
Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #32
TypeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
I dont get it
i would just get another latch first. make sure you get one that is for sedan or coupe and if you have power locks or not. then get you door panel off, it's not as hard as it seems. you can unbolt the drivers seat and slide it back to give you more room.

after that, it's just drilling the latch in the right spot. i'll try and help you with any questions you have along the way. later.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #33
93lx2.2manual
CB7tuner Member

93lx2.2manual is cool... so far.
(I hope the OP doesn't mind me hijacking this thread a little but since its about 10 years old and it brings a lot of people here when they google the problem)

If anyone has some pictures, instructions, or even better, a good video, on how to do this job with minimal damage to the door that would be great!!

This website http://techauto.awardspace.com/doorproblem.html is the current link for what the OP posted

Here are some videos I found but they are't exactly clear cut / full step by step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3DdNkcd2s "The easy way were you don't have to drill on it"
(in this video the guy says a DIY'r pretty much drilled the lock out like im assuming the OP did, but we can't really tell, and says this didn't have to be done? But he doesn't really say why drilling at it mattered since he sawzalled it out after the door was open)

(Just to point out a comment on the video "I also would add that it might be easier to use a dremel and measure the distance of the lock mechanism and cut a hole through the metal of the door once the door panel is removed to gain access to the toggle mechanism".) I wanted to mention this because when my mechanic fixed mine he did something like that by using another door to find the precise spot to drill. (once I get to talk to him ill try to write down all of what he did but I live several hours away from him now)

Here is another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHMe-5VpxM8 "How to Open a Honda Door that's STUCK! The easy way."

(Maybe this one can be helpful. He does mention his method will do some damage do the door and its a civic but says it will work for accords too)

(One interesting note, he brings up a 3rd way ive heard about gaining access to this booger and that is by somehow cutting a hole out of the B pillar which seems like that could compromise crash stability in some way and probably not be a good idea??)

I just wanted to put out the information I found in this thread since it pops up in google a lot and hopefully it helps someone piece together enough information to feel comfortable to have a go at it and maybe they can provide some helpful hints/pics. It would also be great if someone who is skilled would to post up video guide or picture tutorial like the OP did with a bit more step by step detail. Or if anyone has a link that shows how to do this in a more easy to follow manner that would be greatly appreciated

p.s. my 93 that was heading for the scrap metal heap is just about the hit 300K!

93lx2.2manual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch , door panel , door won't open , linkage , lock

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: