No announcement yet.

INT: Installing aftermarket steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great write-up , just did this to my 92 ex..i used a nrg 110 hub&quick release and a momo steering wheel all thanks to ph0en1x. .follow it step by step and it worked perfect although i didn't hook up the horn...overall this diy is perfect

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
    My Precious Toy
    Swap Thread
    916 Cb7
    "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
    "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

very nicy wrte up, i did the dc2 swap , but this has me thinking I to go back my original plan of haveing a momo wheel . so great job every one!
      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

So what if you don't plug in the red dummy connector? What's the connector for? I haven't put in the steering wheel yet....going to soon though. Just wondering what its for and why it needs to be plugged in...
        VIP Status.

Comment

so you dont accidentaly set the air bag off...its just another safety thing

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

So are you supposed to leave it on or take the connector off later?
            VIP Status.

Comment

it doesnt matter sens you wont be using it anymore...its still on mine

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner View Post
                it doesnt matter sens you wont be using it anymore...its still on mine
                so turn signals don't work anymore on 9293?
                like they don't click back anymore? you have to manualy do it?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

nice diy thank i was just about to do this. this makes it easier for me. godspeed

Comment

This is the writeup i was directed to when i purchased my NRG short hub and quick release by Collin at Wek Sos. http://weaksauceforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=2549

you DO need 2ft of wire to wire up the horn, but like Collin said in the writeup, you can use a metal pin to stay in contact with the back of the hub at all times. Thus eliminating having a buncha wire end up in your lap when turning. Hopefully this helps.

edit: So i did my install the other day and here are a few pics showing the result. BTW yes my turn signals click back with no issues whatsoever and i have a 92 coupe.

i used a small piece of sheet metal and bent it slightly.

as you can see i attached the small piece of sheet metal with a thin screw i had, just screwed it into an existing hole in the plastic casing. Circled in red. The blue circle indicates where the lil white piece sticks out when you use ur turn signals and is actuated by the white circle thing in the middle. As long as that is left in place and not removed or messed with, your turn signals should reset on their own.

you can see the metal piece contacting the brass part of the back of the NRG hub. This makes sure i have power at all times regardless of steering wheel position. thus no extra wire in my lap when i turn the wheel.

As you can see the notch in the back of the hub slides over the tabs that are part of the white circle looking thing which makes it deactivate the turn signals.

sorry for the huge pix. forgot to resize em when i uploaded them. hope this helps someone.
                    Last edited by Sobeman81; 10-02-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

bumpage for pix

Comment

bump! did the steering column cover go back on with no problems/trimming etc?
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

what size bit do i use to take the bolt off the wheel so i can remove the wheel....is there a different tool i can use to unscrew it.
                          ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
                          *and its alive!! hahaha*
                          *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

i got momo steering wheel and i want to put it in my 91 cb7. is it the same way to put it on like yours? but the thing is i dont have air bags in my cb7.

Comment

no no no

Originally posted by 4bangin' View Post
                              or if you don't have an air bag like me

soo tempting....

Awesomeness .VS. Cruise Control and Clicky turn signal...

HMMMMMMMMM
                              no you remove the button from the stock wheel and locate them above the clutch kind of behind the bottom steerign collunm then you can click cruise on and reack and set just a lil wire routing but its fairly easy just installed my new wheel to just got left is the horn wire.
                              I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
                              My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
                              Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

so how different are these write ups compared to a 90-91 without airbags? has anyone done one? there's a sick nardi replica on ebay i'm thinking about picking up....
                                90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Working...
                                X