No announcement yet.

SUSP: ROH Conversion with 282mm rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey cam do you have a picture with a wheel on. I would like to see how that would look! PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

nice roh set up man
      back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
        nice write up. i might go ahead and do this now that i have seen it done so easily.

Question.....
        Did you ever put the axle nut back onto the axle? the last picture shows no axle nut....
        Originally posted by Cam View Post
        Can't test it yet since I'm redoing alot of wiring and shit in my car atm. There are plenty of people on here that have done it who can attest to how worthwhile it is.

where did you get the hub and bearing from?

also offtopic but do you like the ksports?
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

11.10 rotors???? WOW that's awesome, mad props Brah.
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post

i think from tas??

they have just the hubs and bearing on tas for roh.

i should have don the wagon roh for my sedan lol
            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
              i think from tas??

they have just the hubs and bearing on tas for roh.

i should have don the wagon roh for my sedan lol
              i know that i didnt know if tas would ship to him where he is. i mean im sure they would but i didnt know if they would
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i know that i didnt know if tas would ship to him where he is. i mean im sure they would but i didnt know if they would
                true lol
                back at it again

Comment

Yeah, the car is off the road atm so the axle nut isn't done up because I'm waiting on a new one to replace it with.

I got the hubs from this place: http://oemacuraparts.com/
                  and I also got the bearings from the usa. Was cheaper than my local dealer. TAS will ship to me but they were a bit pricey I think. Was last year that I bought the parts so I'm a bit hazey on the details.

If I had my time again I wouldn't buy ksports. Especially not for a daily. Too stiff. Now that the car is mainly for track they have been doing ok though. Getting decent times. I did blow both rear ones within the first year too. The replacements I got under warranty seem to be better quality though.
                  Members Ride Thread

Comment

94 Prelude VTIR 282mm, I would like to know what's this model on the US?? also you mention the prelude caliper brackets, will the brackets from a wagon fit just the same??? since the calipers that you used are similar to the Lude.. or the won't line up with the holes where they mount??

any issues if we have ABS??
                    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Apparently the bracket is 23T, this fits Accords, Prelude, Vigors, Legends, and mid 90's Integras.

Printed on the caliper is a a number Accord Nissins are somethin...14VN
                      Prelude VTEC, Wagon, and legend ( I believe vigor too) are 15VN
                      The brackets bolt up the same however rotor size is larger and a larger rim is required.

But to answer an easy questions, yes the 92-01 VTEC Preludes use the same bracket/caliper as the 91-93 Accord wagon. This i've confirmed from holding both parts side by side.
                      odessey front calipers work well too.

Theres no change to ABS as you are not modifiying the exciter ring nor the sensor.
                      Last edited by CB7Man; 05-25-2009, 05:24 AM.
                      Your man for wiring solutions!
                      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post

But to answer an easy questions, yes the 92-01 VTEC Preludes use the same bracket/caliper as the 91-93 Accord wagon. This i've confirmed from holding both parts side by side.
                        odessey front calipers work well too.
                        Not too sure about this. Might be different in the usa. But I bought calipers/caliper brackets from both a cb wagon and a bb6 prelude before doing this. I think the calipers have different codes but they look exactly the same. However, the main difference was the brackets. The wagon had 25T brackets and may not work.
                        Members Ride Thread

Comment

gonna bump this with a question.

would BB4/6 Prelude hubs work too? i haven't had an opportunity to look at them and im not sure if they're ROH. If they are i would assume the hubs would bolt in. Prelude parts are easier to come by for me than Acura CL. im also doing this on a miniscule budget so im looking into JY parts for the hubs. if i can save myself $150 that way ill have it left over for SS lines or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                            Not too sure about this. Might be different in the usa. But I bought calipers/caliper brackets from both a cb wagon and a bb6 prelude before doing this. I think the calipers have different codes but they look exactly the same. However, the main difference was the brackets. The wagon had 25T brackets and may not work.
                            Cam, all you need to do is re-use your stock 23T brackets with those calipers and they will work just fine Sorry for this super late reply hahaha...

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                            gonna bump this with a question.

would BB4/6 Prelude hubs work too? i haven't had an opportunity to look at them and im not sure if they're ROH. If they are i would assume the hubs would bolt in. Prelude parts are easier to come by for me than Acura CL. im also doing this on a miniscule budget so im looking into JY parts for the hubs. if i can save myself $150 that way ill have it left over for SS lines or something.
                            Sorry man, but they will not work...BB4 and BB6 are ROH, but they use different style bearings..Here are some pictures..

Stock CB7 knuckle

BB4 knuckles

BB6 knuckle

Notice how with the CB7 knuckle, you bolt down the wheel bearings using those four bolts, while BB4/BB6 knuckle, you press in the wheel bearing into the knuckles (which pretty much acts like a housing to those bearings), and then keep them there with a big ass C-clamp

CB7 hubs and wheel bearings

BB4/BB6 hubs and wheel bearings

BB4/BB6 parts are interchangeable though..Anyways, hope that helps!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Nice write up Cam, I will definitely do this one day
                              My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                                Cam, all you need to do is re-use your stock 23T brackets with those calipers and they will work just fine Sorry for this super late reply hahaha...

Sorry man, but they will not work...BB4 and BB6 are ROH, but they use different style bearings..Here are some pictures..

Stock CB7 knuckle

BB4 knuckles

BB6 knuckle

Notice how with the CB7 knuckle, you bolt down the wheel bearings using those four bolts, while BB4/BB6 knuckle, you press in the wheel bearing into the knuckles (which pretty much acts like a housing to those bearings), and then keep them there with a big ass C-clamp

CB7 hubs and wheel bearings

BB4/BB6 hubs and wheel bearings

BB4/BB6 parts are interchangeable though..Anyways, hope that helps!

Ronald
                                Thanks. that helps a lot. laid it out well. friggin CL hubs are damn expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X