No announcement yet.

G. Wiffington : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curious, what you are getting for the intake manifold from Rosko?

Comment

Euro-R IACV Adapter Plate
      Fuel Rail adapter kit for AEM/stock style fuel rails
      Euro-R Throttle Cable Bracket
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Nice build up so far.
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Thank you! I have been working a lot so my time is somewhat limited to when I can get in my garage but, I should be able to drop in the Euro by next weekend.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
            Thank you! I have been working a lot so my time is somewhat limited to when I can get in my garage but, I should be able to drop in the Euro by next weekend.
            Nice pick up on motor. This is the euro r right? what are you going to do about the wiring for obd2?

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
              Euro-R IACV Adapter Plate
              Fuel Rail adapter kit for AEM/stock style fuel rails
              Euro-R Throttle Cable Bracket
              I had to do some fabricating on the Fuel Rail Adapter..Rosko gives you two "metal spacers" that go in place of the two studs that the rail sits on & bolts to the IM which were too long. Since I am using the F22's Fuel Rail the length of the metal spacers made the rail sit too high which was causing the rail to not sit low enough for the injectors to be completely sealed tight. I had to grind down the metal spacers almost 1/4" in order to get a flush seal on the injectors. I also used 4 small washers (2 for each bolt) towards the head of the bolt to compensate for the length lost on those metal spacers.( I am using the Euro's stock injectors.)

Also, in order to use the F22's Fuel rail I had to cut off the middle notch for where the middle bolt bolts up to in order to clear the EGR cover plate. Other than that the Fuel Rail Adapter bolts up nicely. I am sure someone could fabricate the whole setup, it is a fairly simple design.
              (Picture from Rosko Racing.)
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Seems like a lot of work, I reused all the oem parts with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                  Seems like a lot of work, I reused all the oem parts with no problems.
                  Lol wasn't too bad. How did you end up using the OEM? You used the Euro's parts?
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Engine is in! Just putting a few finishing touches on. I bought a cheapo DNA motors Downpipe & Header for a BB1 about a month ago assuming it would be long enough. But, I had trouble with the downpipe being about 2 inches short. So, I tried to cut my test pipe in half & use an exhaust extension in the middle to make it longer. But, since the original exhaust that came with my CB was some shitty fart can ebay catback, it had an odd diameter of 2 3/8" & I just could not find an extension that size. So..I ended up purchasing an adjustable test pipe (from shitty DNA motors) but it actually worked very well. In the future I will get something welded to size for a permanent test pipe, this setup is just temporary.
                    I also had to grind down part of the front subframe because the downpipe could not clear with the limited space. I think I read about people who put the H22A4s had that problem?
                    Another annoying issue was my fault since I am using the F22's Power Steering setup, I could not close the hood all the way because the pump sits so high. I did the ghetto hood spacers DIY & used the bushings from the OEM Intake to give the hood more room & it does shut all the way perfectly. I am just going to use the F22 power steering setup until I can get the correct H22 setup.

I know Bunta has a Euro so everyone & anyone with a Euro tell me if you had any of these little issues! Thanks!
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Here she is:
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Your issues are not specific to the fact that you have a Euro R engine. You know what the issue is with the power steering pump, and once you've resolved it, that will no longer be a concern.

As for the header clearance, that's on a case-by-case basis with each header manufacturer. Many aftermarket headers require you to grind some material away on the crossmember in order to get them to fit. The ones modeled after the basic 4-2-1 DC Sports header usually didn't, but with poor copies come poor fitment. Assuming the exhaust that's on the car was originally purchased for a '90-'93 Accord, the '92-'96 Prelude VTEC header and OEM catalytic converter should have fit perfectly. I know you're using a test pipe, but I don't know what the length was and what you ultimately ended up with.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the input. Yupp I know the CB's Powersteering pump is not right for the setup I was just going run it temporarily. It makes the engine bay look weird too with the F22 pump.

You are right about the header fitment. I remember reading that on the Swap FAQ. It was actually pretty easy to grind the crossmember to make it fit.

The downpipe length was a head scratching moment because I know I bought a header downpipe package for a '92-'95 Prelude model. Maybe I did not specify that it should be for the VTEC engine & not the F22 that came in some Preludes. I have to go look at my paperwork again to make sure. But, when I first bought my car 2 years ago it had a complete ebay setup from header to muffler. Then I switched to a yonaka catback & reused the testpipe & header. I am not sure on the length of the OEM catalytic converter but maybe the length of the test pipe that came on my car was shorter.

I want to say the testpipe for my setup had to be about 14" or so to connect.

Current setup: DNA Header & Downpipe -> DNA Adjustable Test Pipe -> Yonaka Catback. Cheap aftermarket special lol.
                          Last edited by G. Wiffington; 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM. Reason: forgot something
                          Keep Pushing..

Comment

The header for any other '92-'96 Prelude would not have worked because of the difference in flange pattern at the cylinder head. You would not have been able to even attach it to the engine.

As for the length, it sounds like you got a '97-'01 header, instead. The '92-'96 Prelude header is the same length as the CB header. Getting the '92-'96 Prelude VTEC header is akin to buying a header made for a CB with an H22. Maybe that's another casualty of the cheap manufacturing. Who knows?
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks awesome man! Did you ever figure out the ECU issue?
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The issue that I encountered with my Euro R swap was interference between the header downpipe and the oil pan. The Euro R uses a stamped steel Accord oil pan and uniquely shaped downpipe to clear the oil pan. I swapped to a cast prelude oil pan to alleviate the issue.

Downpipe: Euro R vs. Prelude *not my image*
                                37180184315_1f1306f841_o by inque80, on Flickr

Euro-R Oil Pan vs. 97-01 Prelude Oil Pan
                                IMG_2648 by inque80, on Flickr
                                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X