EXT : 94-97 Legend lip install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT : 94-97 Legend lip install

I just finished installinstalling an 94-97 Legend lip (Which I call the poor man Greddy Lip looks like it to me)and decided to post a DIY it's the same concept as the 91-93,just without using an torch to bend the corners. This lip came from a coupe it's about .5 inch or so longer then our bumpers on both sides, not sure on the dsedans of the smae year. I did this by myself the lip is real flexible which made it easy. Sorry for the blurred pics

Here is a link for removing the front bumper
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...bumper+removal
    Toools needed
    A drill and 1/8 drill bit (thats the size I used)
    Screwdriver
    Self tapping screws
    Lip bolts
    Dremel

Here is the lip

Mount the lip on both sides of the bumper and secure the ends with the bolts from you old lip

Now with your drill, make an hole going through both the lip and bottom of your bumper, then screw in an self tapping screw. Do the same to the other side.

The other side

Now that you have the sides mounted cut off some offthe mounting tab off at the front of the lip, the tab interfers with mounting postion,after your done cutting use you drill and screw in the screws. like in the pictures

Total time it took me was 15mins and this is what it looks on an 90-91 bumper

Let me know what you guy's think,excuse the room was doing other projects for my car
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 08-30-2009, 09:59 PM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

not a fan of the lip but looks like its put on very well n flush

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
    disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

nice method of reusing the factory lip hardware.

I drilled self tapping screws all the way around to get an idea of where the holes would be and replaced them with bolt/screws, washers would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post

I drilled self tapping screws all the way around to get an idea of where the holes would be and replaced them with bolt/screws, washers would be a good idea.
        Tightttttttt nice work friend, lip def looks diff than other lips that r out, either u love it or hate it.

And I'm in the middle

U shall get rep points!
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21 View Post
          not a fan of the lip but looks like its put on very well n flush
          x2

If I were to ever get a Legend Lip on my '90, I would try painting the thin body colored bar at the bottom of the bumper black, in an attempt to visually open the bottom of the grill up all the way to the lip.

You could give it a shot if you wanted.

Comment

best thing about this lip and all honda lips--so durable!

Comment

Looks good. Have you got it back on the car yet? I was going to ask for pics of what it looks like with everything put back together. I'm not sure where you live though because i'm in Florida and it's storming like crazy right now so I wouldn't be outside lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post

Yeah I'm going to add washers later.

Here is what it looks like with the bumper on the car
                NEW CB

new

Comment

Looks great! Good job I wonder how it looks on 92-93s...

Comment

You know I think I like this lip better than the rest I have seen so far. I mean I like the Greddy and the G-Square but as far as an oem lip this would have to be my favorite. I'm definitely going to find one of these now. You said it was half an inch longer than the bumper though. Are these lips a solid piece of plastic where you could just trim the ends?

Comment

pictures of the side please

Comment

Looks good. It was a little hard to read, but i get the idea. So pretty much any Legend coupe lip 91-97 will fit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                          Looks great! Good job I wonder how it looks on 92-93s...
                          Take a look at Ikayto MRT he has it.

Here are some side pics

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                          You know I think I like this lip better than the rest I have seen so far. I mean I like the Greddy and the G-Square but as far as an oem lip this would have to be my favorite. I'm definitely going to find one of these now. You said it was half an inch longer than the bumper though. Are these lips a solid piece of plastic where you could just trim the ends?
                          The lip is flexible,I'm pretty sure that it can be trimmed without a problem. To be honest I'm really tired of seeing the 91-93 legend lip those are easy to get but so common the 94-97 is a lil bit harder to find but looks way better.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          Looks good. It was a little hard to read, but i get the idea. So pretty much any Legend coupe lip 91-97 will fit.
                          Thanks .Yeah sorry about the reading I was really tired when I made this post. LOL
                          Last edited by Darkcloud; 08-30-2009, 08:32 PM.
                          NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                            Take a look at Ikayto MRT he has it.

Here are some side pics

The lip is flexible,I'm pretty sure that it can be trimmed without a problem. To be honest I'm really tired of seeing the 91-93 legend lip those are easy to get but so common the 94-97 is a lil bit harder to find but looks way better.

Thanks .Yeah sorry about the reading I was really tired when I made this post. LOL
                            Yeah I like this one alot better than what I have seen so far. With the way things are going in the junk yards around me though i'll probably have to look for one on ebay or drive to a jy out of town. Unless you know of another one where you are that you want to get and sell lol.

Comment

thats the lip im looking for!! but u only use those screws!!
                              better with bolts+washers+nut! it hold better and strong

Comment

Working...
                              X