No announcement yet.

EXT: Blackout headlights + install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this and just replaced the clips! Used a phillips #2 and hammer down on the stockers and whammy! I also painted the sides inside the headlight where it isnt checkered! The checkered part is the part that reflects/projects light forward, so it doesnt hurt and looks extremely cool! Does any body know of a dealer who sells just the lens'? Bumper is easy to get off hmmm bodykit soon!!!
    P.S. WARNING TO PEOPLE TRYING TO BLACK OUT CORNERS! THEY MELT REAL EASY JUST BUY EM OFF EBAY! Thank god I tried it with my spares! not very long and they just cave in!!!
    Last edited by westsideaccord; 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM.

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord

P.S. WARNING TO PEOPLE TRYING TO BLACK OUT CORNERS! THEY MELT REAL EASY JUST BUY EM OFF EBAY! Thank god I tried it with my spares! not very long and they just cave in!!!
      That's why on the corners I did, I didn't use the oven method; just a flathead to get it apart and a little silicon to get it back together.
      Last edited by ACCORDianate; 12-04-2004, 12:48 PM.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

need a lil help

ok i am kinda confused i want to do this but i am unsure on what to paint and what not to paint and what to mask and what not to mask so if u could break it down into stupid turns or show pics of pointing where to paint that would be awesome thanx
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

WARNING: Be VERY careful when separating the glass from the rest of the thing.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
            ok i am kinda confused i want to do this but i am unsure on what to paint and what not to paint and what to mask and what not to mask so if u could break it down into stupid turns or show pics of pointing where to paint that would be awesome thanx
            paint, get something high temp. I got stuff up to 1600 degrees or something, but that's pretty excessive... go to an auto parts store and get something that can withstand 500 degrees. That should suffice..

Where to mask/paint is really up to you. I think they look the best when you do it like i have in my sig, personal opinion. Just get some masking/painters tape and tape up whatever you want to remain chrome. To get it the way i have it, you just tape all of the angled peices around where the light sits. You leave the top, bottom and sides untaped, to be painted.. I also left the low beam light cover untaped
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

awwwwww man...... now i really wanna do this....

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                paint, get something high temp. I got stuff up to 1600 degrees or something, but that's pretty excessive... go to an auto parts store and get something that can withstand 500 degrees. That should suffice..

Where to mask/paint is really up to you. I think they look the best when you do it like i have in my sig, personal opinion. Just get some masking/painters tape and tape up whatever you want to remain chrome. To get it the way i have it, you just tape all of the angled peices around where the light sits. You leave the top, bottom and sides untaped, to be painted.. I also left the low beam light cover untaped
                thanx man that helpede a lot i am going to though to get safe buy some stock ones on ebay and do it on them to see and make sure i do it right cause i don't want to put a crack or mess up on the paint on the ones i have in now
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

if interested!!

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._36933,00.html

http://photobucket.com/albums/y35/doneaccord/?action=view&current=DSC00643.jpg

Comment

Interesting. Thanks.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Update

Still no leaks or fogging after all this time.

Hopefully everybody else has had lights that haven't leaked after they've done this DIY.

Comment

i used a paint that was made for bbq grills that withstand high heats, i bought it at sears for 4.59 lol and my lights came out pretty good in my opnion, for my corners i just bought black corners for 25 bucks at my local auto store
                        ps pics are below in my sig

Comment

i liked how mine turned out... but the glass is soo worn out that it looks kinda dull.. time to get some new headlights

Comment

ok guys im going mine now and i used my gas oven no problems i put them in at 275 and left them sit in there side ways and they just fell apart when it was ready i didnt even have to pry it open and im using a semi gloss black paint its made for motors withstands 500 degrees so well see how it looks if it looks weird ill redo it flat black just though maybe the semi gloss would help with light alil well see but its ok to use the gas oven mine were fine.ill get pics up as soon as im done .
                            Last edited by ray ray; 05-06-2005, 02:16 PM.
                            im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                            93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

sorry the pic is so shitty i need a good camera lol
                              im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                              93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                              90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                              91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                              92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                              93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                              92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                              93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                              92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

did my headlights today with 500 degree semi gloss paint, the shit came out perfect!!! thanks for the post helped me out a lot bro
                                Last edited by Raceboy; 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM.
                                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Working...
                                X