Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginner Technical Forum Questions - Ask here (NOT for questions about your car!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Technical Forum Questions - Ask here (NOT for questions about your car!)

If you have any questions regarding the "Technical/Performance" section - Please ask here.

Do NOT post questions in this thread about your car.

If you are unsure of making a thread regarding "Technical/Performance" please post in here.

If you are wanting to find a thread that has recently been "un-stickied" it can be found here.
    Last edited by JoshM; 07-10-2010, 01:00 PM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Originally posted by Ernestas
    Hi. I am new here and I just bought my first Honda so I don't know much about it. I have cc1 and a question is from which Honda models I could use sport springs because in my country it is hard to get originally made for my car or it is very expensive.
    Read the title. Not for questions about YOUR car. Questions about the forum. Make a thread in the appropriate section, with more details (year, model, trim, etc.) and you can get more answers.
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by F22A1forlife
      Must be blind
      Must be post whoring. Shall I reset it?

Comment

I just had my thread deleted for some reason. It doesn't exist and searching for my threads doesn't show it either. Was it deleted due to the "descriptive titles" rule? I don't know how I'd title that thread, there were about 14-15 questions ranging from the sleeves to aftermarket cams to quench pads.

Comment

I didn't delete your thread but that was more than likely the case. All of your questions seemed to be about building an H22 so a thread title could be forged from that. To be honest the title you originally made could be seen as offensive to the more senior members on the forum as you're basically demanding everyone to stop what they're doing and help you out because what you want/need is so much more important than anything else at the moment.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you came from a Civic or generic Honda Forum of some sort. We're very different from the atmosphere you'll encounter anywhere else and that is part of what makes our reputation so strong. With that being said we're sticklers for the rules, especially in the Beginner's Section.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

If you have questions that are very different, make multiple threads. If you have questions that are all related to a certain area (such as engine performance), find a way to make the title apply... or at least apply to the most pressing issue.

Re-making a thread that has been deleted is a great way to get yourself permanently banned from this site. You clearly read the rules (I assume after the second thread was deleted)... please follow them. If you have a question, feel free to PM a moderator before making your thread. The staff will be glad to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              I didn't delete your thread but that was more than likely the case. All of your questions seemed to be about building an H22 so a thread title could be forged from that. To be honest the title you originally made could be seen as offensive to the more senior members on the forum as you're basically demanding everyone to stop what they're doing and help you out because what you want/need is so much more important than anything else at the moment.
              Oh, if the thread title was offensive, I'm sorry for that. I just had some quick questions that could mostly be answered with a yes/no or a one word answer. Different strokes and all that, I guess.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If you have questions that are very different, make multiple threads. If you have questions that are all related to a certain area (such as engine performance), find a way to make the title apply... or at least apply to the most pressing issue.

Re-making a thread that has been deleted is a great way to get yourself permanently banned from this site. You clearly read the rules (I assume after the second thread was deleted)... please follow them. If you have a question, feel free to PM a moderator before making your thread. The staff will be glad to help you.
              Hence me putting in my thread that I didn't know if my first thread was deleted or I forgot to submit it after pressing Preview. I actually read the rules before I posted my first thread but I didn't think threads would be deleted without any warning whatsoever.

Fair enough, I've never posted on forums that are so strict about thread titles, though I can understand the mod/admin's perspective on this.

Thanks for replying; I'll make my thread titles more verbose henceforth.

PS: If I could ask for a favor, if either/both of you have access to the deleted threads, can you PM me the thread contents (screenshot is fine). I don't believe all the questions had been answered and I don't remember all the questions that I had asked. Thank you both regardless. Cheers.

Comment

I corrected the title to be a little less vague, and undeleted the thread. You seem to have gotten the point.
                This forum is intended to be a searchable database of information. Vague thread titles don't help anyone find relevant threads.

Comment

Originally posted by cyanide View Post
                  Thanks for replying; I'll make my thread titles more verbose henceforth.
                  That's a couple $10 words if I've ever heard some. Deev we might have to keep this one around, he's got some diction.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Beats "wut cn i due 2 my ryde yo?!?!?!?!!!!!"

Comment

Thank you guys. I'll now stop cluttering up this thread.

Comment

i can post replies to a thread but i cant submit a new thread

i just made the account, i got the email and it takes me to the "your account is activated" page but i cant post :\

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810
                          Originally posted by Mishakol129
                          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by 7thonda View Post
                            i can post replies to a thread but i cant submit a new thread

i just made the account, i got the email and it takes me to the "your account is activated" page but i cant post :\
                            You are limited to the Beginner Forums. The fact that you are able to post in this thread shows that your account is fully functional.
                            Please read and follow the rules.

Comment

Sorry, i was having a hard time finding where it specifically said the rules about post counts (i was thinking beginner meant like new to cars and such not to the forum)

I had just posted something last night aswell in this area about a noise my car was making, the thread was deleted, did i break another rule?

Comment

Working...
                              X