Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harder cold starts when sitting overnight. Possible Causes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harder cold starts when sitting overnight. Possible Causes?

I got a 92 ex coupe and when it sits overnight and cold outside it becomes much harder to start. It idles fine and in warmer weather it starts up fine(2-3 cranks). I have a few things in mind that might be causing this but wanted to make a list of things. ECT sensor is one. What about cold air boost valve. Would this cause a slightly harder to start engine. O2 sensor i think has nothing to do with it. Right? What are other possibilities. Fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator have been changed recently. Fuel pump seal(i read that somewhere)? Poor manifold vacuum. Last time i checked it was at 17 hg in i believe.

Check your battery. It may be low on amps causing tough cold starts. Literally, just had this same issue recently.

Also, when you start the car, does it shoot out a lot of smoke? You could be leaking oil into the cylinders overnight. This can cause a rough cold start as well. Just pull your spark plugs and see if there is oil on them.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
      Check your battery. It may be low on amps causing tough cold starts. Literally, just had this same issue recently.

Also, when you start the car, does it shoot out a lot of smoke? You could be leaking oil into the cylinders overnight. This can cause a rough cold start as well. Just pull your spark plugs and see if there is oil on them.
      It's not that even though i am going to need a battery soon cause it is getting cold in colorado.

Comment

Did you check for oil in the cylinders?

Comment

Working...
        X