Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea you cant get red clear for the wagon...you cna paint the orange red or tint them but thats it

Comment

the red and clears wont pass stte inspection, they are not DOT approved. Well it really Depends on the inspector. I failed the inspection because of it a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247
        i found a website k2motor.com that has them for 90-91 accords for 90 bucks with free shipping

i can vouch for that!

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Anyone else fail inspections with Red/Clears? My tags are up in July and i gotta get an inspection. Don't wanna have to swap on the oldies...

Id also like to add, instead of creating a DIY or "How-To", I'll just post here:

1. TypeG might agree with me on this, but now is a good time to CLEAN. Once you have the old OEMs off, take this time to clean all new contacting surfaces. Get a rag(i used a clean, unused paint brush--strictly used for removing dust/dirt) and clean off all the dust and crap thats built up behind/between your tail lights for the past 15 years. Inside the car and out. I didn't use any cleaning agents by any means, i just made sure clean up all that dust and dirt.

2. I wouldn't call it "fitment issues" but mine were not a smooth, clean-cut, flawless fit. I had to press here and press there and they're not 100% smooth. There's a few teeny gaps and they don't quite sit flush in a place or two. Its not really a big deal, but just something i wasn't quite expecting.

3. There was a handful of parts i chose to, and HAD to, remove/swap onto the Red/Clears.
          --3a. The "chrome" side-trim piece. It faces inward on the inner lights. On the OEMs, this piece is black. I removed the old black piece and placed it on the new lights.
          --3b. There's a box(relay??) on each of the outer OEM lights. Its held in place by 2 screws. It needs to be removed from the old and placed onto the new. (Yes there are screw holes on the new lights)

And depending on your tastes, they do sport a chrome trim around them that is fairly noticeable, at least on an Arcadia accord, it is. Some or most have painted this. I'm leaving it for the time being to see how it fairs. If i don't like it, i may end up painted it black, or maybe even Arcadia, to match.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I just noticed the new sig pic Mike. Looks good

You shouldn't have any trouble passing inspection as long as you have amber bulbs in the turn indicators. Then again I am not too familiar with Missouri's Inspection policies. I just know that you are supposed to either have amber or red lights on the rear of the car, clear/blue lights are only allowed up front and in the reverse indicator's.

Comment

Yeah.

Ive heard this phrase in Missouri, more than a few times...
              Only lights allowed up front are white. Orange, amber or 'yellow-in-color' for front signals. Al rear-facing lights must be; Red, orange, amber or 'yellow-in-color, except for reverse lights, which MUST be white.[yes, your 'Hyper Blue/White's are ok..]

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

how about in california?
                REPPIN' THE DIRTY
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...27#post1570627

Comment

They tend to be "gayer" than most other states, but i havent heard any problems from any of the Cali ppl yet...

Comment

Last Sunday I was pulled over for my clear/red tails. He said that when I signal the light bulb color and signal itself is white. Its to light he said, which is understandable in the day but it was 8o clock so it was gettin dark. So what I have 2 do now to avoid gettin pulled over is to get amber colored bulbs.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

hey i would like to ask you guys if i have 91 ex cb7 and i wish to have 92-93 red/clear tail lights do i have to change entire trunk or just the plastic piece for plate?
                      Last edited by zmiennik; 11-08-2008, 06:24 AM.
                      Excuse my language.

Comment

Originally posted by zmiennik View Post
                        hey i would like to ask you guys if i have 91 ex cb7 and i wish to have 92-93 red/clear tail lights do i have to change entire trunk or just the plastic piece for plate?
                        if its a 91, yes you need to get a whole 92/93 sedan trunk to use the 92/93 sedan taillights. you can also get 90/91 red/clears and not have to swap anything.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Sorry to bump an older thread but I was rearended yesterday and my right 92-93 sedan red/clear tailight is smashed so I went on Ebay like last time to find that no one lists them anymore. Are they discontinued or something???? A few online stores had them for like $150-$225 but considering I paid $120 shipped to Canada last time, I find it a little steep. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yeah, I've been casually putting off getting the nice depo red/clear tails for my 92 EX sedan...

I'm about to have some cash tomorrow and where the lights used to be like 80 bucks for the set, now they are nowhere to be found...unavailable and, I guess out of production, WTF? All the other ones look like rice butt to me.

I found them off ebay by a different brand for about $120, but I'd call the company to make sure they actually have them first...and I'm not helping you guys find them until I get mine if this is how it's going to be.

Where can we all bitch at these depo people, and would it be useless to bitch in english?

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by lucid View Post
                              Yeah, I've been casually putting off getting the nice depo red/clear tails for my 92 EX sedan...

I'm about to have some cash tomorrow and where the lights used to be like 80 bucks for the set, now they are nowhere to be found...unavailable and, I guess out of production, WTF? All the other ones look like rice butt to me.

I found them off ebay by a different brand for about $120, but I'd call the company to make sure they actually have them first...and I'm not helping you guys find them until I get mine if this is how it's going to be.

Where can we all bitch at these depo people, and would it be useless to bitch in english?
                              bitch at who? the main company for no longer carrying a product for 15+ year old cars? riiiiight...

or bitch at those making knockoffs? you ever heard of supply and demand...low supply ups price...no matter the demand...and there IS demand for these...that ups the price even more.
                              ____

Comment

Yes, bitch at them for stopping production of a product that is still in relatively high demand among those with our car. Most of us 4G owners with a sense of taste or style know the red/clears are the nice tails. People swap their trunk lid and everything else just to get the desirable look of the 92-93 4drs.
                                So if you are a company that has a production line running and you can effortlessly turn $4 worth of plastic into at least a $40 item at wholesale prices, why would you stop. I guess the blame is on all of us for not buying these enough. Seriously, though, it's not like the car is so old that nobody buys parts for it or that they are not making tails for it anymore....Depo is still in production with every other style you can imagine...90-91 red/clears, euro-blah blah round lense in a square box, smoked, chrome, and every other style of undesirable ugliness, but I guess that's what people like these days since the hated Toyota Altezza and the fast and the furious movies. I liked ugly shit on cars when I was a teenager too, I guess.
                                All the car people I know who aren't sixteen years old or a girl ...hate f*cking aftermarket tails....These were cool because they look like stock and have a classic honda style that's been around from the 90 prelude to 2000+ preludes, accords and civics.

It is bullshit, don't you argue with me . This is the appropriate place to vent such an issue, is it not?

I'm up for a hostile takeover. Not a fan of compromise.
                                I'll be okay, just dealing with the idea of now never having my car the way I want it, sorry.

And I'm not the only one.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                                After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                                Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                                PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Working...
                                X