Are my eyes tricking me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my eyes tricking me?

...or is Jose's username once again orange, after seven years?

I know his activity on here was waaay before my time, but I've read up, and it's awesome if crzy is back and active. From what I've read, his contributions to the proper modification and tuning of these motors is extremely valuable to the community.

Well, anyway, if you are back, Jose, then welcome back!

Sincerely,

Someone you don't know
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Looks like it to me, he chipped and flashed my ecu for my f22b swap. Made the motor run like a scolded dog. I was very impressed, and your right he is did add a lot of knowledge to the community. I don't see any new posts from him though.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

He changed his sig to advertise his porting work from what I can gather, but yeah, that is about it. Hopefully, that won't be it for long.

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I unbanned his name, but it is unlikely that he will actually return. He hasn't even visited in over 2 years. He is welcome back. He probably would have been sooner had he apologized for the personal attacks that got him banned in the first place.

He had it in for Bisimoto, and would attack Bisi every chance he got. Bisi asked me to intervene, and I did. I asked Jose to stop the attacks, but they continued. I had no choice but to ban him in order to keep Bisimoto involved with this site. Since I was forced to choose, I decided that Bisimoto's products were more valuable to this community than Jose's shadetree knowledge (however extensive it may have been.) It is unfortunate that Bisimoto was every bit the scammer than Jose declared him to be... but I still feel I made the right choice given the information at the time. I regret that I was forced to make that choice at all, however. Jose and I were friends at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I unbanned his name, but it is unlikely that he will actually return. He hasn't even visited in over 2 years. He is welcome back. He probably would have been sooner had he apologized for the personal attacks that got him banned in the first place.

He had it in for Bisimoto, and would attack Bisi every chance he got. Bisi asked me to intervene, and I did. I asked Jose to stop the attacks, but they continued. I had no choice but to ban him in order to keep Bisimoto involved with this site. Since I was forced to choose, I decided that Bisimoto's products were more valuable to this community than Jose's shadetree knowledge (however extensive it may have been.) It is unfortunate that Bisimoto was every bit the scammer than Jose declared him to be... but I still feel I made the right choice given the information at the time. I regret that I was forced to make that choice at all, however. Jose and I were friends at one time.
          The old hind sight is 20/20 deal, like you said can only do whats best with the info on hand.

Comment

I remember when jose was traveling south and he stayed at my place for a week or two. In return he tweaked my tune. Good guy but big mouth.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Jozer? LoL

BTW, what happened with the whole bisi thing. I feel out of the loop on that one.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                Jozer? LoL

BTW, what happened with the whole bisi thing. I feel out of the loop on that one.
                Build quality on the headers was very poor and they are know to crack along the welds with out any abuse. The claimed power gains were also no were near what they were advertised to be, along with those disappointments the cost was very high.

Comment

That was only part of it. Bisi began screwing people left and right. We had multiple header issues on here that went unresolved (one member even sent his back at least once, maybe twice, to be fixed... and it was never actually fixed.) Bisi sent at least two members here camshafts that were WAY out of spec... one of them was actually just a bone-stock camshaft (which ended up costing the European customer about $1000 USD in the end... for a stock F22A6 camshaft...) Any attempts to contact the company were ignored. The other member with camshaft issues made a thread in the Bisimoto subforum, in Bisi himself had moderator powers. The thread grew to 4 pages or so. Bisi had logged on a handful of times since its creation... but never once acknowledge the extremely respectful post drawing attention to a severely out of spec camshaft. I don't believe that member ever got any sort of resolution either.

Bisi personally appealed to me to tone down the anti-Bisimoto atmosphere that had been growing on this site. I did so, after seeking his word that he would take a personal interest in restoring the good name of his company on here. I asked for his occasional presence, and for him to make good on the quality of his products and customer service. That lasted for a week, if that.

Finally, the last straw is when one of his representatives joined and asked me to provide her with administrative powers in the Bisimoto subforum. I told her that I was about to deactivate the subforum due to lack of official presence, and due to numerous complaints about customer service. I agreed to reopen the subforum and grant her administrative powers on one condition: that Bisimoto provided CB7tuners with a discount. I would have settled for a paltry 5% discount... but I wanted something that showed this community that we mattered... because we did a lot to help Bisimoto grow in their infancy (not only with our money, but with extensive word of mouth advertising...), and we put up with a lot of neglect and abuse.
                  She agreed, and gave me some examples of the "discount" prices. One of the items offered was actually more expensive than the price listed on the Bisimoto website! I told her to go fuck herself, and deleted the subforum for good.

I have lost all faith in Bisimoto (the man and the company.) I give Bisi credit as an engineer and a racer... as he has proven himself without a doubt in those areas. But as a businessman, he's a sham. Either he doesn't know how to run a business, or he doesn't actually care about his customers, as long as there's money to be made.
                  I truly hope he tries his shit with some Porsche owner and gets his ass sued into bankruptcy. Kids with $1500 CB7s can't afford lawyers. Grown men and women with $100,000 Porsches ARE lawyers.

The funny thing, bringing it back to Jose... Jose's last words to me, when I was defending Bisi, were something along the lines of "This site is getting like Honda-Tech... gotta protect those sponsors!" However, all I ever asked or received from Bisi for his Member Shop was an Innovate LM-1 wideband system. My policy is to ask for a free product from any approved vendor. Largely because I want to see firsthand the quality of their product, and so I can vouch for them personally as an owner of one. I feel it's a fair request, rather than asking for a monthly fee. I should have suspected that something was up when I got a product from Innovate, rather than an actual Bisimoto product... After that one exchange in 2007, I received nothing further from Bisi. Hell, I couldn't even get a return phone call when I was calling to place a full-price order for an H22A header (VERY glad I never did order that!)
                  Jose's comment ended up being the final straw. The final insult, if you will. This site has never, and will never, exist to make a profit. If I wanted to profit from this site, I'd have sold it for a sizable sum about 7-8 years ago, when I was receiving offers almost weekly. It means far more than that to me, and I hope that's evident in the way this place is run. Decal sales, t-shirt sales, calendar sales, premium memberships, and donations all help a great deal, and they are always truly appreciated... but that's not why I'm here.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those details. Most of the final conversation involving you, dbsharp, Jose, and Bisi was deleted in that thread Bisi posted promoting the header horsepower gains on a stock F22, which was complete with a video, I believe. I completely understand why it was deleted at the time, don't get me wrong.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Yeah, HondaFan81 cleaned up that thread extensively. There was a LOT of nonsense in there.

Jose's comment was "This is H-T v2. Your opinion will be deleted if it questions a vendor or hurts a vendors sales."

Opinions are one thing... but Jose was following Bisi from post to post, bashing him based on a few bad experience he was privy to. He bashed him in every post he made attempting to describe or sell his products. Jose continued to do so even when I asked him to stop, and once I asked him to stop, he began bashing me as well. I don't like to treat this as a dictatorship, as I generally feel that I'm just another CB7 enthusiast, only with added responsibilities. However, one of those responsibilities is doing what I feel is best for the community... and Bisimoto's F22A-specific performance products had no equal. Had the Bisimoto/CB7tuner partnership gone a different direction, we may have had some VERY nice things available.
                      As it is... Jose was 100% correct about Bisi. It's unfortunate, because I wanted to believe in the man. I didn't want to be wrong. I didn't want to admit that Jose's anecdotal evidence of Bisi's shady business practices were indicative of how the company would run once it was well established.

Comment

I road Bisi pretty hard as well. Not so much on this forum, it was over on H-T in the early years. I don't think anyone who knows welding or tuning really cared much for his snake oil sales pitches. Claims that he were very quickly proven incorrect. It took CB7Tuner a while to catch up to the rest. Only because he had the worlds fastest F22. that was no where near being an F22. That being said, the worst part was his customer service. He would talk down to anyone and lied about involvement in part development scams.....

I think I may have had a few debates with CRZY as well. He was knowledgeable but he was definitely very opinionated and over the top on more than a few occasions.
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-21-2016, 06:12 PM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

This is crazy I never heard this or maybe I only heard a short glimpse of it and then it went away more than likely the threads behind this shit was erased. I never payed too much attention to this topic. Was this when I was boosted or allmotor as far as the accord or was this when I had the srt4?

Comment

Not sure. What setup did you have back in 06-07...lol
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ah didnt know this. I was wondering why I didnt see posts from his company here for a while.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X