Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Alright guys here it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see an lsd mentioned, no way you'll get 300whp+ to the ground without both wheels pulling.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      I didn't see an lsd mentioned, no way you'll get 300whp+ to the ground without both wheels pulling.
      ofcourse you can, wait till my next dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
        where do people get some information that regurgitate
        wat

Comment

Ha, ever heard of the RWD people welding their differentials? Well, you can do the same to a fwd diff as well. Thats how my F-Series is made up now

So about having both wheels pulling, lets just say that I have that part covered

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
            Ha, ever heard of the RWD people welding their differentials? Well, you can do the same to a fwd diff as well. Thats how my F-Series is made up now

So about having both wheels pulling, lets just say that I have that part covered
            So, what this is a drag car? No turns?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              So, what this is a drag car? No turns?
              Yes, pretty much straight line strength.

quick ? guys, the only way that I've gotten my tranny out is by dropping it from underneath, has anyone ever lifted it? If so is it easier than dropping it?

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

i wouldn't bother trying to find a way to go through the top w/ just the trans. i never used a lift when removing the trans, just jack stands and a floor jack. much easier that way as long as u can get the jack stands high enough to slide the trans out from under
                wat

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge View Post
                  i wouldn't bother trying to find a way to go through the top w/ just the trans. i never used a lift when removing the trans, just jack stands and a floor jack. much easier that way as long as u can get the jack stands high enough to slide the trans out from under
                  werd. Thanks brotha man!

Comment

My DSM turbo build outline.

Turbo:
                    DSM 16G @ 15psi (if you get tired of that turbo, there so much you need to change/buy to go bigger. stick with t3 turbos
                    2.5-3" KTeller Exhaust, with ebay N1 muffler (no cat, res etc.) stick with 3" spend the money now for something bigger so you dont have to rebuy it later. no cat no res with ebay n1, get ready to get used to a loud car.
                    Piping: ebay is fine, get a beeder and good 4ply silicone couplers with t-clamps
                    2.5" Ebay FMIC kit (nothing less than 26" and 6" by 2.5")
                    Ebay mani w/2.5" elbow/downpipe (skip the dsm build, and if your spending some dough, talk to turbo90accord to get your a mani and dp built)

Brains:
                    chipped p12 tuned on chrome (p06 or p28 is way more easier to source)
                    Innovative Wideband with full AFR readout (good boy)
                    GReddy MBC (manual is a bitch, but hey thats what you want)
                    Boost guage, oil pressure/temp, and water temp (dont cheap out on gauges)
                    AFR guage (the wideband does that)

Tranny:
                    F22a trans (f22 for highway and daily, or h23 might be more of your taste. h22s are way to short)
                    Action Clutch 2MD Unsprung 6 Puck (cuz I like it like that)
                    DSS c/v Axles (stock axles can take 600hp)

Motor:
                    Bisimoto Steel Rods "have been tested to over 800 HP on a proper tune." "n/a or boosted."
                    Bisimoto or JE Pistons is something that you need also. stock pistons crack after 300hp. dont risk it.
                    Bisimoto Level 2.4 Turbo Cam w/ Bisi Cam Gear (damm you got some moneyyyy)
                    Bisimoto Titanium Retainers (installed)
                    Bisimoto Pro Springs (installed)
                    Head PnP and valvejob(done by me already) - id flow test it to make sure you did a good job.

If I'm missing something please let me know.
                    Please don't hate on my build, I'm only looking for pointers and things that have been left out, really looking for advice from people like LoDollar and BoostLee and others who have built extremely successful turbo cars, but any advice is helpful. Just looking for a streetable car thats really fun and can get down to business if need be.

My main power goals (since I'm sure that will be the first question asked) are between 300-450whp.
                    there you go some answers from me. i might not give the best advice, but its what i would do.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                      there you go some answers from me. i might not give the best advice, but its what i would do.
                      Word.

1.) Bisimoto pistons is what I'm getting. 10.5:1 I know that the higher c/r makes it harder to tune, but I'm not cheaping out so paying a bit more to tune for the high compression isnt a worry of mine...

2.) My head has already been flow tested, and I promise that I'm good at what I do. I've built plenty of heads for friends around my town, LS/VTEC heads, 1 h22a head, my head, D-Series heads galore and 2 J-Series heads...

3.) I haven't changed my OP yet, I'm going with a garrett GT4066 so plenty of power potential and I've got a plan to rid myself of all the lag.

4.) Well, as far as your comment on my camshaft choice, Like everyone has said, do it right the first time. This build is going to be kind of aggressive, so I'll be needing an aggressive camshaft.

5.) Speed Innovations ECU: I have a friend that works there, and they can chip a p12 with a 8,500 redline for me for $180 shipped to my door.

6.) I'm making/welding up my own custom DP myself. 3" all the way back.

7.) Would a block guard be a good idea for when I turn my boost up?

Comment

Word.

1.) Bisimoto pistons is what I'm getting. 10.5:1 I know that the higher c/r makes it harder to tune, but I'm not cheaping out so paying a bit more to tune for the high compression isnt a worry of mine...

2.) My head has already been flow tested, and I promise that I'm good at what I do. I've built plenty of heads for friends around my town, LS/VTEC heads, 1 h22a head, my head, D-Series heads galore and 2 J-Series heads...

3.) I haven't changed my OP yet, I'm going with a garrett GT4066 so plenty of power potential and I've got a plan to rid myself of all the lag.

4.) Well, as far as your comment on my camshaft choice, Like everyone has said, do it right the first time. This build is going to be kind of aggressive, so I'll be needing an aggressive camshaft.

5.) Speed Innovations ECU: I have a friend that works there, and they can chip a p12 with a 8,500 redline for me for $180 shipped to my door.

6.) I'm making/welding up my own custom DP myself. 3" all the way back.

7.) Would a block guard be a good idea for when I turn my boost up?
                        a block guard is the worst thing you could buy, unless you know someone who can properly install it.

and if your going to be revving up to 8500 rpm on a f22, get bisimotos rocker arm spacers
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                          a block guard is the worst thing you could buy, unless you know someone who can properly install it.

and if your going to be revving up to 8500 rpm on a f22, get bisimotos rocker arm spacers
                          I bought the spacers when I get the Ti retainers and springs, just in case I'd need them...lol
                          So, I'll be installing them when I get the camshaft.

Comment

Just ordered the turbo and FMIC kit I'll post the link for the kit and snail here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32-X1...ht_2789wt_1002

Changed my mind on the snail going with a Precision PT67 tehehe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Preci...2#ht_588wt_732

So of course I'm done spending for a little while!
                            MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
                              ofcourse you can, wait till my next dyno sheet
                              Strapping a car to a dyno puts alot more weight on the wheels than is normally there. A dyno and the real world are very different. Slight irregularities in the road on launch is enough for my stock n/a block to spin at lower rpms. Try launching around a corner with wet roads and you'll wish you had lsd.

Originally posted by straightedge View Post
                              where do people get some information that regurgitate
                              I don't understand this statement, is it English?
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X