front end vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end vibration

So about a year ago I took my car to get an alignment.My ignorant self thought that the fact that I was using a94-97 tranny I had to use those years axles as well ( big mistake ). My car ran fine tho. About 3 month ago my tranny went bad so I got me an h22 tranny but that's when I notice my engine sat tilted towards the tranny side so I started looking into it and the previews owner ( an idiot) that made it auto to manual by pass the tranny mount conversion by using a 94 mount. So I ordered the esp auto to manual mount and my engine now sits level but it shakes really bad from 20-30 MPH . I filled the other mounts with window weld they are decently stiff which I like but still vibrates. My car doesn't shift to the sides and I don't have abnormal tire wear, but I'm wondering if an alignment will fix it.I don't want to keep wasting money on the front end since I have replace almost everything possible so I'm thinking since it was aligned with longer axles (CD) and now I'm using the proper one (CB) is causing it to vibrate. Can anyone give me so inputs on my problem as for what is causing it to vibrate. I really don't want to get it aligned and still have the problem. Thanks

Vibration cause by alignment is unusual. Have you check all of your suspension components? Lower ball joints, upper control arm bushings, other bushings, wheel bearings?
    Any of those could cause a vibration. Also real poor wheel balance could do it at low speed. Or even a real bad tire.

Comment

That rear part has me thinking because I do have bad rear upper control arms but this shaking comes from the front end

Comment

Originally posted by bigbozz24 View Post
        That rear part has me thinking because I do have bad rear upper control arms but this shaking comes from the front end
        check all your bushings in the front. The upper control arm ones especially. If those aren't in perfect shape, your car will vibrate on highway speeds since there's slop in the system.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The up pen control arms are new and tie rods too. The actual bushings that are around that are haven't been replace like the links Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=270934102394 I'm thinking on ordering this

Comment

OK so I went and got my tires balanced. It still vibrates so I'm still going nutz about it. I did notice that it only vibrates when acceleration , if it is crusing by it self at 20ish MPH its good but once I hit gas vibration comes in . Any ideas? Thank you

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDw...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by bigbozz24 View Post
                OK so I went and got my tires balanced. It still vibrates so I'm still going nutz about it. I did notice that it only vibrates when acceleration , if it is crusing by it self at 20ish MPH its good but once I hit gas vibration comes in . Any ideas? Thank you
                when that happened to me, it was definitely my axle I remembered. Its possible you got a defective one, especially if its an Autozone reman. those are known to be shit.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

They are advance auto and they look great

Comment

Here is a better video of my front https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tW0...e_gdata_player

Comment

dude..seriously your tires are shit, didnt they laugh when you asked to balance them? youll probably start seeing steel belts on that driver inside edge pretty soon. Get some new tires, even some used ones will be better then yours with .5/32nd of tread left. then see if you still get the vibes.

Comment

you didn't tell us your tires were worn to hell on the inside. They're for sure trashed, pretty soon you'll expose the steel belts.

Now that I see the entire picture, its your tires man. If your rears are in better shape, rotate them to the front to see if the vibs will go away. But get those fronts replaced ASAP! they're not safe at all.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

So I went and got new tires and the problem it still there!! What should I be looking for next???

Comment

I have been chasing a vibration for a while. Mirror vibrates at highway speeds. I'm a little OCD, its prob not that bad. I have repalced everything up front I mean everything except the tires. UCA, ball joint, tie rods and struts springs alignment, rotate and balance new cv axles. Nothing it still vibrates. I just live with it.

Now to yours If it mainly happens with acceleration have you checked the motor mounts?

That is the only thing I have not replaced. I did replace the front torque mount but not the others.

steve

Comment

As for motor mounts I have the esp auto to manual and the rest are restore and filled with windo- weld ...I have good mounts!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X