Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 a vs f22b1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 a vs f22b1

got a question i blew the motor in my 90 accord f22 a1 knocked a couple holes in the block..needless to say its shot so i came up on a f22b1 wen i was lookin for another motor for 300 buck was just wonderin bout if i should put the a1 head on it with the h23 intake i already had or just swap the motors out i got the wiring and everything else down i think just not sure bout wat the wires are comin from the crank think its pressure switch for the vtec.....if so i was gonna put the h23 mani on the f22b1 just wanted to get a couple of opinions on wat u guys thought on which would be my best bet...and was also wonderin if my header off the a1 would fit the b1 it didnt come with one on it havent got to checkin it yet and i kno i need the p0a ecu for the b1 right?

This is really a matter of opinion. You could go either way. The cylinder ports are identical so your header will fit.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

yeh but ive never messed with a vtec so i dont really know how they run lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        This is really a matter of opinion. You could go either way. The cylinder ports are identical so your header will fit.
        The b1's Ports are different from the a1's. The only way he can reuse his header is if he adds the a1 head to the b1 block.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yes. B1 exhaust ports are 0_00_0. F22A, H23A, and F22B DOHC exhaust ports are 0_0_0_0.

You can put the F22A head on the F22B1 block. The blocks are very similar. The F22A head has greater potential when modified, compared to the F22B1... but both are decent motors until you get REALLY serious about a build.

Comment

I forgot to add that the H23 intake manifold won't fit on the b1's head for the same reason as the header not fitting, different ports as well.

Comment

Keep your F22A head if you want to avoid having to replacing your intake & exhaust manifold. Nether of the ones you have will bolt up.

Another thing to remember if you end up swapping blocks. Remember to remove the oil control orifice from your blown F22A block and screw it into the B1 block. The B1 VTEC block does not have the control orifice becuase the B1 head requires more oil to engage the VTEC assembly.

MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

What is the function of that part on the F22A block? Is it just a plug?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                  Keep your F22A head if you want to avoid having to replacing your intake & exhaust manifold. Nether of the ones you have will bolt up.

Another thing to remember if you end up swapping blocks. Remember to remove the oil control orifice from your blown F22A block and put it into the B1 block. The B1 VTEC block does not use the control orifice becuase the B1 head requires more oil to engage the VTEC assembly.

Thanks for that bit of info. Im working on a CD5 right now and when I popped the head off I noticed that plug was missing and was curious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    What is the function of that part on the F22A block? Is it just a plug?
                    I believe it's just an oil restrictor.

Comment

Not exactly a plug. It controls, or restricts, the amount of oil entering the cylinder head.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Interesting. I always knew about that oil orifice, but I never knew the details. Mainly because I've never had any interest in a head swap, which is where it usually becomes a point of concern.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Yes. B1 exhaust ports are 0_00_0. F22A, H23A, and F22B DOHC exhaust ports are 0_0_0_0.
                          Guess you learn something new everyday....wonder why they did that. When you look at headers online they always advertise F22/H23, but I've never seen them say "except F22B1". So I guess it's safe to say H22 headers, manifolds fit then?

Comment

Negative. H22 is different.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

Well if I remember correctly H22s are 0-00-0...... I know they aren't 0-0-0-0 like F22As.

Comment

Working...
                              X