Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Can anyone identify this turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone identify this turbo?

I pulled this off a mid 90's Saab. I googled the tag and I thought it was a t28, but on the compressor side it has .48 which is found on t3's. So now I dont know. Also what manifold can I use? I dont think a saab is a dsm car. Will the original saab manifold fit the f22? I know a lot of people going to say too small, Im doing it anyway. Aftermarket oil pan, synthetic oil, possibly external oil cooler, let car idle before turning it off, shouldnt be heating issues.

I would recommend investing on a much better suited turbo for your build. That turbo will better suited for a much smaller displacement engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
      I would recommend investing on a much better suited turbo for your build. That turbo will better suited for a much smaller displacement engine.
      What car do you recommend I look for? I dont have much selection here. Alot of volvo's here also.

Comment

It's a Garrett GT17 from a Saab 9-3 or 9-5. And it only produces about 150-170hp on those 2.0-2.3L engines.

If you're looking for an OEM turbo, I would suggest the T3 Super 60 from the 2.3L Mustang SVO.
        SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
        -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

or the t04e from a nissan 300zx. some of the 280z had them to.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

man look for a stock evo turbo or eclipse any 4g63 set up pre twin scroll design and you can use the turbo and manifold. This ive done about 7 times now and the only down side is an automatic version. i personally recommend a tdo5-16g

Comment

minor mods required on the manifold and block webbing very inexpensive since evo guys upgrade most the time i pay about $200 for my set ups no play and the good thing is they are oil and water cooled i rarely have to cool the turbo for normal driving and run mobile 1 syn

Comment

^^^^^^no disrespect.....but what the fuck are you talking about?!?!?!

You lost me there when you mentioned something about automatics like if some turbos are different when they come from am automatic engine, I thought all turbos were the same no matter where they come from.....

And some require modifications ?? As in what manifold??..lol

Besides the both back to back post , your Sig is big that threw me off too I thought you were posting a pic on this thread...lol

Originally posted by deevergote
                .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
                  It's a Garrett GT17 from a Saab 9-3 or 9-5. And it only produces about 150-170hp on those 2.0-2.3L engines.

If you're looking for an OEM turbo, I would suggest the T3 Super 60 from the 2.3L Mustang SVO.
                  You can also find the T3's on Thunderbird Turbocoupes. Grab the intercooler and as much piping as you can get, may also have a BOV attached.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                  X