usc : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebels
    usc, how bright is that HID Kit? What K is it?
    dunno how "bright" it is. but if i just follow the standard d2s/d2r rating, then it's roughly 2800-3000 lumens because i'm using the d2r. they're regular philips 4100-4300K bulbs.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

wowsers... i like ur car usc... hey that exhaust... how does it sound? and those are DIY eyebrows too correct?

Comment

Originally posted by P M
        wowsers... i like ur car usc... hey that exhaust... how does it sound? and those are DIY eyebrows too correct?
        yeah, the eyebrows are/were d.i.y.

and here's an old sound clip of my exhaust. been too lazy to try and do a better one.

http://www.zukko.com/julian/temp/P0001165_JPG.wav

hope the link works/plays...

Comment

I've seen your car on HondaSociety. I think your car is REALLY REALLY clean and well done...
          -Chris
          HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
          -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
            usc, how bright is that HID Kit? What K is it?
            HID's measure of brightness is not in Kelvin. that is the color output.. the higher the Kelvin the less the output because its more color and less concentrated which is why 4100k-5000k is the best for vision and looks, anything over 6,000k is just looks.

Comment

what once was, is not gone. *sigh*

imagine the horror i awoke to this morning. trying to go through insurance but seems like they'll only cover a portion of it. some is better than none i suppose.

Comment

i know wat u goin thru man it happen 2 me with my system. did u have wheel locks on them or no?

Comment

i had the kyokugen heptagon lug nuts. i *thought* i lived in a pretty decent neighborhood so i left the heptagon wrench in the glove. yeah... i set myself up for it. lesson learned and you can bet i won't be lazy no more. these guys were hitting up the complex looking for and stealing stereos. they broke in my car probably thinking i had a system. didn't find anything worth taking, except the wrench in the glove, and probably made the last minute decision to jack my rims.

anyhoo, any advice/suggestion on wheel locks? i'm thinking about getting mcgard's. anyone have good/bad experiences w/ them?

Comment

damn man that sucks like shit i am glad i never leave my lock in the car no matter wat, cuz if i did leave it in there that day they stole my system my rims would have gone wit them 2. i sold my rims but i still got the locks so u know when i do get new rims again i am goin 2 get another set of locks put 2 sets on each tire fuck dat, az for the locks ur r talkin bout never heard of them and dunno if they good if they r how much and i would take it set when i get some new rims. sorry again for wat happen at least u have the insurance helpin u on alittle bit of that i didn't i got fucked bad lost 12oo in all. i didn't have insurance at the time when it happen so i got fucked. ol well lesson learned there now

Comment

Thieves should die a horrible, slow death... Sorry about your loss... Karma's gonna bite them in the ass before you know it...

It's bad enough around here in Hawaii where they'll even jack your pride even in broad daylight... Happened to one of my homies over on Oahu...

BTW- nice, simple, clean ride... The way it should be... That last pic with the headlight beams in the smokescreen is badass...

L8z-
                      Jay
                      "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i've never been jacked, though there have been attempts. i'm truly sorry for your loss man. your car has truly inspired me to try and take mine to the next level.

this'll probably sound stupid, but try and find the silver lining in the clouds. maybe this'll be a blessing in disguise.

i leave my hex key in the glove compartment too. i'm afraid i'll get a flat and not be able to take my rims off... now i think i should lock the glove box or take it out.

again, i'm sorry man.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                          this'll probably sound stupid, but try and find the silver lining in the clouds. maybe this'll be a blessing in disguise.

i leave my hex key in the glove compartment too. i'm afraid i'll get a flat and not be able to take my rims off...

again, i'm sorry man.
                          as for blessing in disguise, only time will tell. for now, i'm just paranoid that they could come back. the property owner(s) doesn't seem to care too much. then again, they never do so that's nothing new. sucks that i was checking the garage nearly every hour last night. paranoia, i tell ya.

it's water under the bridge as they say. hopefully i can strike the lotto and get a home instead of suffering this type of crappy @$$ parking.

and take that key out of the glove and carry it with you, or leave it at home. no one should have to see their car sitting on the concrete w/o shoes.

Comment

... reminds me of what happened to me.

when you get your new set of rims, grab a a set of tuner wheel locks from McGuard paired up with the Kyokugen Heptas. I have this set up. Simply put, thieves have to damage the rims to break the locks. I torque them to 120 lbs. per lug. I also never leave the hepta key and the Mcguard Key inside the car.

Comment

i'm getting 2 sets of McGards :P. hehehehe. as for Kyokugen Heptas, I had the heptas. ah well, we'll see.

Comment

wow that sucks

how are the rotors? did they damage anything else?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Working...
                                X