EXT: Entire CD5 Rear Lip Installation Fully Covered *56K DIE!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol it's to test people's motivation to customize their cars

cleannnn!!! thanks for the pics, it turned out really well!

haha yeah, i got some cd5 skirts in my garage, waiting to be installed, but imma wait a bit before i do it and make my game plan and figure out how to do it cleanly and now have self-tapping screws all over the place lol

@91hondaaccordlx: really only $5 for all 3 pieces!? that's AWESOME! i got nickel and dimed for each piece haha i think $6 for each piece. bleh.

yeah, the install is pretty easy when you know what you're doing and how you're gonna go about doing it. it took me a while cuz i was trying to figure it out as i was going and making sure my camera was charged enough to take pics haha (5minute battery life for the losee), but with all the information now available, it should take around an hour or so.

to me, cd5 side skirts have more styling then the cb7 side skirts. the cb7 ones appear slimmer, and more sleek and streamline. the cd5 skirts IMO are a bit thicker (i haven't compared side-by-side yet, but just by looking at it it doesn't have that slimness that i associate with te cb7 skirts) and more aggressive, ending with this fin towards the back that looks like the ones on civics (i don't know which year) so it gives it a little more character.

search: lonski

lonski has cd5 side skirts on, painted, and they look really nice. the paint really brings out the fin and accents the body lines and adds to the cb7's appearance, making it appear fuller. However, they are shorter by about half an inch than the cb7 skirts, so you'll need mudflaps to cover up the uncovered length. so, when you do decide to install the skirts, line up the skirt flush with the rear wheel well, so that the shortness of the skirt can be accounted for with a mudflap up in the front.

i'm gonna take off the cb7 side skirts, line the cd5 up with them side by side, and mark where the holes on the cb7 match up with the cd5 skirts (where the plastic rivets go under the body, those holes) so that i can adapt the cd5 skirts to the OEM mounting holes. and then... iono, somehow attach it after that with some hidden self tapping screws haha. i'll see
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

sweet, im definetly going to look into doing the sides now.

Comment

haha cool, yeah go for it! with the front and the back all lipped up, the stock cb7 side skirts are too slim for my liking, need something a bit beefier, but still looking OEM. i think the cd5 skirt will be perfect. not too much, but IMO better than stock.

I think that's the cool thing about the CB7, how it's not so easy to customize it in the sense that you cant just go online and choose from a vast array of parts readily available for purchase. unlike most other cars, us CB7 owners kind of have to find other routes to achieve what we want by means of taking parts off other cars and fitting it to our cars, or making our own parts. with a CB7, it takes thinking outside of the box, creativity, ingenuity, and the motivation to go through with modding parts to our advantage. It's this level of customizing and modding that makes me extremely glad that I own a cb7.

with that said, the inside tabs on the cd5 skirt need to be shaved off for fitment issues and that's where i'm still figuring out how to attach it then. someone riveted the inside tabs of the cb7 skirts onto the cd5, but i don't know how that looks so i probably can't go that route.

Comment

I'll bust out the handy zip ties and self tapping screws.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
            lol it's to test people's motivation to customize their cars

cleannnn!!! thanks for the pics, it turned out really well!

haha yeah, i got some cd5 skirts in my garage, waiting to be installed, but imma wait a bit before i do it and make my game plan and figure out how to do it cleanly and now have self-tapping screws all over the place lol

@91hondaaccordlx: really only $5 for all 3 pieces!? that's AWESOME! i got nickel and dimed for each piece haha i think $6 for each piece. bleh.

yeah, the install is pretty easy when you know what you're doing and how you're gonna go about doing it. it took me a while cuz i was trying to figure it out as i was going and making sure my camera was charged enough to take pics haha (5minute battery life for the losee), but with all the information now available, it should take around an hour or so.

to me, cd5 side skirts have more styling then the cb7 side skirts. the cb7 ones appear slimmer, and more sleek and streamline. the cd5 skirts IMO are a bit thicker (i haven't compared side-by-side yet, but just by looking at it it doesn't have that slimness that i associate with te cb7 skirts) and more aggressive, ending with this fin towards the back that looks like the ones on civics (i don't know which year) so it gives it a little more character.

search: lonski

lonski has cd5 side skirts on, painted, and they look really nice. the paint really brings out the fin and accents the body lines and adds to the cb7's appearance, making it appear fuller. However, they are shorter by about half an inch than the cb7 skirts, so you'll need mudflaps to cover up the uncovered length. so, when you do decide to install the skirts, line up the skirt flush with the rear wheel well, so that the shortness of the skirt can be accounted for with a mudflap up in the front.

i'm gonna take off the cb7 side skirts, line the cd5 up with them side by side, and mark where the holes on the cb7 match up with the cd5 skirts (where the plastic rivets go under the body, those holes) so that i can adapt the cd5 skirts to the OEM mounting holes. and then... iono, somehow attach it after that with some hidden self tapping screws haha. i'll see

ya not only did i get all three pieces for only 5 bucks, which there is still one rear lip out there, i also got a set of lude rear side markers for 5 bucks, good lenses and all in good shape, so ten bucks total i got all 5 pieces, they charged me ten for my 91 legend coupe lip too when i got that, sorry to whore up the thread...

Comment

awww yeahhh! zip tie!

those are some excellent prices! wish i had your junkyard around me haha! oh yeah, i recently bought some plastic polish, and i polished up the lenses of some lude rear sidemarkers i bought too, and that plastic polish does WONDERS. all the scratches went away and it looks brand new.

meguiar's plastX polish

Comment

plastX is the shit

Comment

ya my lenses are in great condition,

btw, the cd5 lip install... has anyone here yet did any filler work to make it look like one lip?

Comment

greatest product ever hahaha it's my new buddy

nope not yet, go for it! i'm not gonna cuz i wanna be able to remove it if i ever need to without breakin' stuff off, but if you plan on keeping it on definitely, you sure can!

Comment

Jesus Christ dude, good stuff.

I know how much time writing/formatting this stuff can take. It's great to see someone dedicating time to making the forum as informative and thorough as possible.

Comment

The funny part is, this DIY was SO detailed that it makes the install look much more intense than it really is. However, I cheaped out and used zip ties to attach mine, but the overall install was very simple, and thanks to his very well written DIY, made my attempt at this a piece of cake

Comment

hahaha, thanks thenextepisode, lol i was hella excited to finally get that DIY up lol!

and yeah, hahaha i'm looking back at the DIY and damn, looks intense! but when i think about it, and look at my lip, it was pretty simple after you know what you're doing

Comment

Props on making the write up. I did it a while ago, but I put my lip on a while ago and you are right, it does make the rear end seem so much fuller. Also, just so people know, the 9091 rear bumper doesn't have the curl up on the lip like the 9293, so the lips sit a bit flusher to each other.

Here's the only decent pic I have of the CD5 rear lip on my 9091 bumper:

If you want me to take the pic down I will, just let me know.
                            Originally posted by 92dm
                            I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                            VOUCHES
                            Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

that looks very good! and thanks for the info on the 90-91 bumper

the more pictures, the better eye candy

Comment

IMO, the CD5 lip is the best thing you can do. Looks better than any bodykit I've seen.

I would definetly like to mold my front lips and rear lip though, make it all one smooth piece.

yay for pic whoring. So I went from a completely plain and boring 91 SE rear end to a 93 coupe trunk with a VW Jetta flushmount, red out tails and the CD5 lip. Effing LOVE IT. IMO, my rear end has reached perfection, other than needing paint.

Last edited by crazymikey; 04-26-2010, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X