Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vacuum line help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum line help

i was just looking under my hood wen i noticed wat looks to be a vacuum line was not connected or blocked off. if anyone could help me with where it should be id appreciate it! ima noob to vacuum i have no clue wat it does or where it should be or if its ok how it is. i just wanna make sure its all good. car runs fine only thing i notice is its a lil sluggish at low rpm. here r some pics thanks...

that line runs down close to a black thing by the passenger headlight. Look for a vacuum line by the air filter, it connects to it

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
      that line runs down close to a black thing by the passenger headlight. Look for a vacuum line by the air filter, it connects to it
      that is wrong! the line is coming from the air boost valve it is perfectly fine to block it off all together. but i believe from factory it plugs into the intake piping but i could be wrong i havent used on in years

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
      sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
      bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

thing is a have no air box, i have a aem v2 cold air intake. i checked it out i see the lil black box thing but it already has vacuum line to it then from there goes to another black box then to this lil metal round piece that is just sitting there not connected to anything?

Comment

Here you go, playboy. This is where it plugs into. I suppose if you already have an aftermarket intake then you don't need to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
            that is wrong! the line is coming from the air boost valve it is perfectly fine to block it off all together. but i believe from factory it plugs into the intake piping but i could be wrong i havent used on in years
            i think ur right bud. so u think i should just put a screw or something in it? would that be the right way to block it off since i have a cold air intake?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              Here you go, playboy. This is where it plugs into. I suppose if you already have an aftermarket intake then you don't need to worry about it.
              i see i see thats why i couldnt find it because i dont have the oem intake. wat should i do with it now? thanks alot!

Comment

the little black box by the headlight can be removed, it is not being used with an aem intake. the air boost valve (lil metal round piece) should be plugged in to any vacuum port or capped off

Comment

now i feel stupid lol. so i should just do away with it all? thing is the lil black box has a vacuum line ran to it from the intake already, how would i do away with it?

Comment

i would pull the black box and its line from the manifold, now that you have an open port on your manifold plug in the boost valve(lil round metal thing) and bam good to go

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                      i would pull the black box and its line from the manifold, now that you have an open port on your manifold plug in the boost valve(lil round metal thing) and bam good to go

thought the original line i was taking bout ran from the boost valve? if i took alll the black boxes witch there is 2 of them, i would have only one port on the intake manifold and if i ran to the boost valve how would i hook the lil round metal thing up? sorry im confused lol. i think we r talking bout to different (round metal things) lol im talking bout the one right next to the head light.

Comment

well i unpluged my vacuum line that ran to the two black boxes and pluged the line in from the boost valve and wen i first start it it jumps up to 3 rpm and then rest at 1 like usally but is that normal? never did it with the lil black boxes wen they where hooked up would only go to like 1 in a half rpm. so wats more important to have hooked up, the boost valve or the two black boxes?

Comment

i need some good advice! if i block it off and wen i take off car will keep goin like throttle is sticking and wen not blocked i have a vacuum leak and car is real sluggish at take off! should i just drill a hole into the intake and run it like it should be ran stock or wat??? please someone help im clueless.

Comment

Working...
                          X