F22a6 Coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 Coil?

I did a search about this but didn't find what i am looking for. Today we did a swap on a
    1990 EX-R that has a F22a4 to a 1993 SE F22a6. The F22a6 had a External coil and the
    F22a4 didn't. We used the wires from the F22a4 because we didn't have the wires for the
    F22a6. The motor cranks fine but doesn't want to start. The motor is not getting any spark.
    We also used the distributor from the F22a4. Is the because of the Coil? we didn't wire up the coil.

if you used the a4 wire harness and a4 internal coil dizzy, the a6 should run

i swapped an a1 for an a6 in my 90 i used the original harness and internal coil with no issues, infact im still runnin this setup 3yrs later

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
    sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
    bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
      if you used the a4 wire harness and a4 internal coil dizzy, the a6 should run

i swapped an a1 for an a6 in my 90 i used the original harness and internal coil with no issues, infact im still runnin this setup 3yrs later
      thanks for the info you saved me money lol.

Might be somthing wrong with the distributor then or could be a ground problem.

Comment

if the dist ran with the a4 then it should run the same with the a6 and start it up no problems.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
          if the dist ran with the a4 then it should run the same with the a6 and start it up no problems.
          Once I get back from school I am going to take it back out and see
          If my uncle put it on properly. It has to be the distributor because the wires are new, even with old plugs it would fire.

Comment

today it started up right away. I saw that the thermostat ground wire was not bolted up and when i bolted it up, it fired . But is this normal
            when it fired thick smoke kept on coming out of the exhaust and it was surging (could be air in the cooling system?).

Comment

Working...
            X