No announcement yet.

Question for the GM Vortec heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is this engine in terms of progress? Any new updates?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      yea and i plan on keeping it that way. too many people were asking me questions about anything.

Whats big numbers? id personally get the 3rd gen 5.3l because the gen 4's need a lot more to convert (i have both)

the 6 bolt mains do hold quite a bit but anything over 600 id opt for the iron block. plus anything over 600, id probably switch to a forged rotating assembly.

get a head with the 2.00 intake valves like ls1 or 6.0l. the newer 5.3's came with 799's or 243 heads which are superb for overall performance.
      Whoops, and I just sent you a PM the other day. Dammit. Sorry man. I wish I would have seen this thread first.

Comment

Wait, this is going in an rx-8? This is going to be a motor that happens to have a car around it...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Pretty much. We're struggling with removing the subframe and suspension bolts at the moment. We might be cutting and replacing more than we anticipated, which is slowing things down. The engine and front sub-frame replacements are installed, along with the clutch and T56 transmission. We're working on the rear differential to measure for shafts.

Comment

Working...
          X