H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Is the radiator cracked? To do you just need a new cap?
    Rubber inside cap is deformed and doesn't sit against the neck well. Thought about throwing a new rad in but it doesn't need it. Want a Civic three row aluminum half rad.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      Rubber inside cap is deformed and doesn't sit against the neck well. Thought about throwing a new rad in but it doesn't need it. Want a Civic three row aluminum half rad.
      Well at least it's a cheap fix. You can probably get one off eBay all day for 100 bucks. Do you have ac?

Comment

Well at least it's a cheap fix. You can probably get one off eBay all day for 100 bucks. Do you have ac?
        A/C is actually the reason why it appeals to me. One fan dedicated solely to the condenser.

I'm putting a Gates pressure relief pull tab style rad cap or whatever they call them on it. I've always liked those.

And yeah. About $100 or so. But I doubt I ever get one.

Comment

Yup fan on condenser = good look. I was thinking about putting one of those GM radiator cap things on the upper hose so I can fill the head and radiator easier. I'd get an aftermarket aliminium one though.

Try searching. The civic forums, you might be able to come out on top for a used one.

Comment

Yup fan on condenser = good look. I was thinking about putting one of those GM radiator cap things on the upper hose so I can fill the head and radiator easier. I'd get an aftermarket aliminium one though.

Try searching. The civic forums, you might be able to come out on top for a used one.
            I was pondering on it for the increased air flow over the condenser, getting the radiator away from the exhaust manifold and the added room.

Three row aluminum half radiator for Civic. Likely be a Mishimoto set up with rad, fan and aluminum shroud but I doubt I ever take initiative.

Comment

Great build man!

Comment

Originally posted by preludeNinja View Post

Great build man!
                Thanks man. Not bad for having it just around 3 months.

Comment

I hadn't washed this thing real well since I bought it a few months back until now. I hate it when people take pics of their cars wet but I wanted to get a couple pics of the car with the grille I restored and the owner of the car wash is a dick and he hates me in particular so I just had to snap a couple pics then head out.

Car wash guy doesn't like Massey Ferguson tractors in his car wash apparently. That's the issue with him and I. Thing about it is the tractor belongs to my father and I'd rather go to war with the car wash guy than my father like I would be if I returned his tractor dirty. Anyways...

Comment

Woo! now we all know Josh's tag number and can hunt that mofo down! LOL JK nice car man hows it running and driving for you? Just wanted to let you know Josh... I've bought a set of moog upper control arms recently put them on and one of them is already grinding a little definitely worth going OEM if this is a long term car for you. I torque EVERYTHING down to proper specs and instructions as per manual although their easy to change. I didn't know for the lowers though OEM were pretty cheap I put moog lowers on and haven't had a problem with them at all.
                    Last edited by Kev1990; 06-21-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                      Woo! now we all know Josh's tag number and can hunt that mofo down! LOL JK nice car man hows it running and driving for you? Just wanted to let you know Josh... I've bought a set of moog upper control arms recently put them on and one of them is already grinding a little definitely worth going OEM if this is a long term car for you. I torque EVERYTHING down to proper specs and instructions as per manual although their easy to change. I didn't know for the lowers though OEM were pretty cheap I put moog lowers on and haven't had a problem with them at all.
                      I used to blur that shit out until I found out that only law enforcement have access to license plate info.

It's doing really well. About to receive A/C in fact.

Yeah, Moog has proven to me in the past to not be such hot shit like most perceive it to be.

The proper lower ball joints should not have snap rings. The proper lower ball joints don't need them. The way the car sits on the suspension it kinda presses them in. OEM lower ball joints you press into the knuckle and that's the end of it. I love my OEM lower ball joints. First LBJ's I've ever had that last.

Comment

Lol Josh what if I told you I was law enforcement? :P ahahah Naw LOL. Good job man on the car your gonna have a like new cb7 by the time your done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                          Lol Josh what if I told you I was law enforcement? :P ahahah Naw LOL. Good job man on the car your gonna have a like new cb7 by the time your done.
                          "Let's get some Krispy Kreme's and go shoot some shit."

Thanks man, and hopefully it'll be that reliable.

Comment

I ordered some parts this morning.

Genuine Honda oil cooler o-ring.
                            Genuine Honda connecting pipe o ring.
                            Genuine Honda thermostat and gasket.
                            OEM Futaba radiator cap.

Comment

Posted a sound clip. Getting a wot one today.

Comment

I got the H23A1 intake manifold cleaned up today. Still waiting on a couple parts before I tackle the change over of course. I changed out the solvent in my parts wash just a few days ago. And it's dirty again! I've been using the heck out of it. I never put filthy parts in, I try to clean them up a bit before hand so it contaminates the solvent less but there's only so much I can do. Anyhow, back on the intake manifold.

Marking on plenum. P13

Marking on runners. PT-9

It's clean. Just thrown together and not tightened up so I don't lose anything as I have a lot of other projects going on. Everything's been cleaned other than the hoses and such. Waiting on a couple gaskets and things and it'll be ready to go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X